Witches in Fiction 2015… and Urban Gardening

October is approaching with a spooky-wild-wicked grin on her face. She’s planning eerie fun, howling mayhem, starting nostalgia waves, fueling magic that dances in between… and Autumn is helping with the party arrangements.

I love the heat of summer—feeling warm breeze kiss my skin while enjoying nearby woods—but no other season holds the kind of enchantment autumn brings to my witchy heart. As I grow older, hotter (and *most days* wiser), I appreciate the wonder of autumn… the need for it; Nature changes, eases the weight of her leaves for winter… gets ready to slumber… But before baring herself to the white and ice, she shows all her colors.

This year, I celebrated the coming of autumn by rearranging my altar wall (can’t wait to show you! Soon…); for now, let me share links to what has been going on over at MagalyGuerrero.com (in reverse chronological order):     

- “Be Human

My garden is celebrating autumn by springing something new.

Speaking of celebrations, transitions and eerie fun, have you joined Witches in Fiction 2015… Death Rights and Remembrances?

13 comments:

  1. I used to love Autumn more than any other season. The anticipation would fill my soul just as soon as August came. But ever since I graduated it did not mean all those things any more and now I find myself holding by Summer's last thread, trying to squeeze in just a little bit more warmth, just a little bit more Sun, just a little bit more fun.
    But I am still adjusting.. I bet I will fall in love with Fall all over again.
    Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the love of summer--I'm a fiery Aries, after all. One can do so much outside, and for longer periods of time... But autumn comes with knee-high boots! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Is that a shasta daisy? Whatever it is, it's nice...Yes, the colors of Autumn are a favorite; summer can be too hot; spring too muddy...but Autumn is just right...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Montauk daisy. I think Shasta daisies bloom earlier...

      And yes, there is something about the just-right-in-between(ess) of autumn... ♥

      Delete
  3. You are so correct-no other season holds the kind of enchantment that Autumn holds for my heart. With Summer being my least favorite I am looking forward to 3 seasons of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. And I suspect, that Autumn loves you right back. ;-)

      Delete
    2. I mean, it just makes sense. ♥

      Delete
  5. I love the mental image of Autumn as fiery haired woman in a dress of crimson, yellow, and orange leaves. She is truly stunning in her finery then steps before the Winter and drops her gown to the floor and welcomes Winter with her bare limbs. :-) Hmm...methinks I've been reading too much of a certain kind of literature and its past time my Mr. came home. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Everyone should read fiery "certain kind of literature" every now and then. ;-D

      Delete
  6. I love autumn, but winter is my favorite season by just a teeny bit. Happy Autumn, Magaly!

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite season is summer--I just love the heat. But autumn holds such power over me... and yes, there are the boots, too. ;-)

      Delete