The Magaly Gazette 9: Healthy Creatures

I believe that a bit of the cruellest months poetry just spilled out of my eyeballs.

Dear gods of poetry dancing half-dazed and shoeless on a hot pin, I can barely wait for the last day of this month… I swear it, my Wicked Luvs! I’m looking at April 30th in the same way I used to stare at the finish line during a run, after my soles had been slapping ground for twelve and a half miles… or more.

I’m in the middle of that gut-bursting moment, which gets the mind all thoughtful, so that the brain starts wondering, What in the name of Descartes’ shin splints was I thinking? Then the body crosses the finish line, and the brain smiles from beneath a blanket of exhaustion, knowing that every bit of sweat and soreness was worth the feeling of having done it. 

Happenings at my main blog (in reverse chronological order)

Wicked Darlings’ Deeds
- “Timeless”, by M. Willcox – a very old tree addresses mankind, in a short poem that ends with a message that left me nodding in complete silence.  

- Healthy Creatures – I was going to write a poem about this page. But rereading the author’s description of it, told me that what I wanted to share with you had already been written:
redefining “disability”
so it spells… “dignity”
she’s a one handed midwife,
thriving within catastrophe;
finding Beautiful Souls…
caring for a thinking page 
of Healthy Creatures

- “The Watcher”, by MagicLoveCrow –  Stacy’s work is sunshine married to paint on canvas, spring kissing summer on the mouth, crows grinning old and new secrets… Im enchanted by her work; can’t look at it and not feel happy. Those feelings are worth sharing, so… watch:


13 comments:

  1. I am AMAZED at all the amazing work you've completed over this month. You are incredible Magaly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm quite amazed, too. And a bit exhausted, but so glad it's happening.

      Delete
  2. Oooow you is going to cry on the 30th...I know this for a fact mwahahaha...like Stacy's Crow, I am watching you :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea. The screaming will be heard all the way to the moon.

      Delete
    2. Oh, wait, you do have an idea... you'll do some screaming and sighing, too, lol!

      Delete
  3. Such a bright eyed bird! Micro napping is my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy has the power of festive crows, methinks. I do a lot of micro-napping... it's yummy!

      Delete
  4. This has been a huge undertaking, and your crew have kept up amazingly! You all show make a book!
    Yes! Stacy's painting brings joy and is admired daily xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been something, all right... 5 more days!

      Delete
  5. You've done amazing my friend ;o) Thanks for loving my art! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your art is impossible not to love. ♥♥♥

      Delete
    2. You are too good to me!!!!! Big Hugs ;o)

      Delete