The Magaly Gazette 8: Spring Is Crafting

“I sniff the soil for to-be blooms
and spring-dream of petrichor.”
~ Magaly Guerrero

I’ve been bathing in warm words, dancing to lines that grab the hips, weeping with stanzas that squeeze the soul. These past week has been for poetic words: humorous, gut-ripping, sensual, dark sprinkled with deeper darkness that looks a lot like light; and there has been remembrance and romantic love… plus a bit about dying, followed by the bliss of rebirth (from a kind of living that read very much like death).

Poetry has told stories at my main blog and at the cyber homes of those participating in NaPoWriMo with Magaly Guerrero 2015. Below… links to the yum, plus quotes to two poems and a bit of sparkle that caught my eye. Read on, my Wicked Luvs… and I’ll write. ♥

Happenings at my main blog (in reverse chronological order)
- “Sister to Storm to Dirt to Flame, a Laila Flynn poem”

Wicked Darlings’ Deeds
- “Slash in Silken Iris”, by Rommy Driks: I was taken by the imagery-rich language.
“This gash could have been avoided
had someone been a bit more compliant”

- “Church Bells”, by Sharon Rawson: The Delicious pacing and suspense did me in.
“…eight demons 
captured the wind and plowed
a path through the land”

- “Floral Faerie Necklace and Earrings Set”, by Eliora: They make me think of spring…
“One-of-a-Kind… a delicate silvery Faerie plays among lovely pastel-hued… The antique Tibetan Silver charms and premium acrylic blossoms, in shades of pink, yellow, white. fuchsia, blue and violet, with glass pearl centers gives a look of elegance to the set. Green glass and Tibetan silver leaves complete the design.” 

17 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much for talking about my poem! I am loving all the goodness that I have been reading. You are such a champion to us all. Thanks for pushing me! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That poem lifts the soul from her feet and sends her flying. Of course I had to share it with others. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Eliora never fails to dazzle me! This set is just the definition of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dazzling spring, that's what she does, our Lori!

      Delete
  3. *grin* I am in very august company. That fairy set is just too cute and I remember the masterful way Sharon played with tone in that poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your love for the character definitely comes through as your poem describes the kimono. And those two lines? Yum!

      Delete
  4. Seeing my creation alongside the eloquence of Rommy's and Sharon's words is wonderful.
    Your NaPoWriMo event has brought out so much angst and exhilaration - I know you are pleased.

    Thank you, Magaly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moment I saw the necklace and the earrings (and the necklace that goes with it) I thought spring. I even showed it to my Piano Man, and asked him, "What comes to mind?" And my love didn't disappoint, "Spring," he said. ♥

      Delete
    2. Almost forgot. You are correct. This event is birthing wonderful things... and I'm completely elated. ;-)

      Delete
  5. I haven't been taking part in any blog events lately, but have thoroughly enjoyed your delectable offerings and all the wonderfully creative posts this event has spawned.

    Have a perfect weekend, dear Magaly. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been getting so many jewels this spring!

      Delete
  6. Am equally overwhelmed by the emotion displayed in the poetry entries...and Lori's perpetual offerings of perfection to the Goddess of Yum :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right with you, on all counts. And today, I even got caught up on my reading. See how awesome I am?

      Delete
  7. A very pretty set ;o) I have been reading ;o) While I drink my mint tea ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaah. so much to see, read, do...so little time it seems. but i am enjoying my slow wandering. :)
    happy spring! happy sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is a slippery thing. Hope you have a lovely week. ;-)

      Delete