The Magaly Gazette 7: Sedna Oil on My Back, Poesy in My Soul

With pain about to break my back;
pained, my mind about to crack…
I was touched by Sedna
~ Magaly Guerrero

“Dora Maar”, by Man Ray
(first stolen from Verse Escape)

You will learn the details behind the three lines at the beginning of this post, when you reach the last item. For now, let’s see what has been going on at my main blog and with a couple of my Wicked Darlings (by the way, it was extremely difficult to choose just two):

Happenings at my main blog (in reverse chronological order)
- “Crone of My Mind’s Flesh”, a Mamabuela Cienfuegos poem
- “Dead Flowers and Torn Feathers”, set in the world of Blooming Howls

Wicked Darlings’ Deeds
- “Neurasthenia”, by Hedgewitch, contains two of the best first lines I’ve read in a while.

- “Enviro-Rampage”, by Elena Sands, made me laugh so hard that I spewed unspeakable things all over my keyboard.

- Sedan Oil, by Touch of the Goddess, a review: Earlier this week, a diagnosis of degenerative joint disease and lumbar spine with discogenic disease at L5-S1 and L4-L5 diffuse bulging of annulus was added to my collection of chronic illnesses and neuropathic issues. The new findings aren’t as terrible as their scientific names make them sound. In fact, they can be translated to having arthritic pain in everything that bends and a couple of lumbar discs bulges. The only thing that makes this a bit peculiar (and a lot annoying) is that I’m getting them about 20 years before my time.     

This year has been tough on my body, my Wicked Luvs. If you’ve been with me these last few months, you know I’ve been struggling with my stomach, my eyes, my asthma… everything hit me at once. When a person lives with chronic pain, any stress to the body and the mind tends to increase the agony. So here I am, in more pain than ever, but not being able to take pain killers; my stomach just can’t handle it.

But the Universe probably felt that being a complete bastard wasn’t the right thing to do, so he put me in the thoughts and hands of Sharon Aven Rawson: aromatherapist, artist, energetic healer, owner of Touch of the Goddess, and dearest friend. 

Sharon sent me my first bottle of Sedna Oil some weeks back, and my Wicked Luvs, I’ve been grateful every single day after that. I rub it on my hip after long walks or working out, my Piano Man rubs the oil on my back and shoulder, and my beloved Sedna Oil soothes the pain. If you suffer of any kind of chronic pain, you know the value found in the blessing of a little bit of relief. And when you can rub that relief into your skin every night… well, yum, yum, yum!

Visit Touch of the Goddess to learn more about Sedna Oil and Sharon’s therapeutic healing ways. You can also find Sharon’s touch on Etsy and on Facebook.

Sharon, my love, I know I’ve said this often. But here it goes again, thank you… from the very bottom of my witchy heart.

15 comments:

  1. Dammit! My eyes are leaking! I just wanted to make your hurt go away, even for a while. Thank you so much for sharing what this means to you! I love you back, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those leaky eyes can be a real problem for seeing and typing. The last time I spoke to my eye plumber, she said to seal the problem with lots and lots of hugging. ♥

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a great remedy! Hugging you back!

      Delete
  2. The Goddess Sedna knew a thing or two about joint pain too. I seem to recall a myth where her father cuts off all her fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did indeed, Debra. I knew nothing about her until Sharon told me about it. If you go to Sharon's website, you can see what she shares about the myth...

      ...and I suspect I will be writing a poem and a tale about the Goddess Sedna pretty soon. ;-)

      Delete
  3. You are gatherng a great deal of healing through kindness! That medicine is priceless!
    xDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, priceless medicines are my favorites.

      Delete
    2. ...right there with medicines that make me giggle from the soul.

      Delete
  4. Sharon has some good stuff :o) So happy it's working for you! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited about it, too!

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear that you're having pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sentiment, Lon.

      Delete
  6. i didn't know you had so much going on...eyes, back, stomach. i'm sorry :( any type of chronic pain can surely put a damper on just about everything in your life.
    i'm happy that the Sedna oil is working for you. if you haven't already...go get a massage! (yeah, i know...piano man massages you every day...and that's GREAT...but that can lead to more than just a massage...which, hey! is good too.) BUT a professional massage will be an hour well spent...relaxing those muscles in distress from joint pain, etc.
    well, you know, being a massage therapist myself i had to suggest. i know my clients have had amazing relief from their pain & discomfort!

    sending you (healing) hugs magaly!! have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot has happened in the last couple of years. I'm also extremely happy my Piano Man's touch and Sharon's Sedna oil are working (wouldn't know what to do with them). And yes, professional massages offer some temporary relief as well, I've been getting them along with other therapies since around 2007.

      Thanks so much for the healing. ♥

      Delete