The Magaly Gazette 6: How Minds Are Made

The cruellest month has filled the blogosphere with word-flowers that leave the mind and soul working triple-time… in the best of ways. I’ve spent the last couple of days consuming writings that make me proud (and they’re not even all mine *cough*). Almost every piece I’ve read reminds me of how wonderful minds are made. Read on, my Wicked Luvs.

Happenings at my main blog (in reverse chronological order)

Wicked Darlings’ Deeds
- “A Muse Birth from Pain”, by Gina Morley, had me crying before I finished my morning coffee. Ruthless, I tell you! That woman is ruthless… and incredibly tender.

- “Synesthesia”, by Lynda E. Hardy, does something beautiful and heartbreaking with numbers, colors, rules and the will of a child.

- Mirror Lake, by Diandra Linnemann; I finished it last week, and this quote has stayed with me: “…whether it was about the environment, business or society—for every concept there were people willing to destroy and pervert it. Not necessarily the bad guys. We all know that the opposite of ‘well-done’ is ‘well-meant’”.


13 comments:

  1. I is smirking because you have a whole month of my ruthlessness to come. :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring it on! I'll keep my coffee ready. ;-D

      Delete
  2. I look forward to the creations. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited now - you and all the Wicked Darlings are my favorite Muses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, must find some time to sit down and read these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Used the 'f' word... Because these links, these people, you Magaly, (must be feeling emotional) all good, all freaking (the 'other 'f' word) awwwesome xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing in all kinds of f's, aren't they? And so are you. I'm still looking at your entry for yesterday--my goodness, Shelle, it is so powerful!

      Delete
  6. Wicked woman. Just you wait. *grins with a wickedness to match your own*

    -your (wickedly) Artful White Fox ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. like laura said up there...i have to find the time to sit down and read!! (lately, i've been doing the audio book thing since i drive around so much) - - "don't let the words of others stop you from growing"...yeah! i've gotten better about that as i've gotten OLDER.
    have a wickedly good sunday magaly!

    ReplyDelete