The Magaly Gazette, 5: All about Blades

I was sipping coffee in front of my laptop, waiting to be blessed by the most perfect of all caffeinated Zen, when I realized that this week’s Magaly Gazette would be all about blades. I smiled brightly, and knew the day would be delicious.

Happenings at my main blog (in reverse chronological order)
- “G.G.’s Rekindling Spark”: life, death, love that might be rooted in all the wrong things… and a curved blade with extra bite.

- “Not Victoria”: a woman at the crossroads… and a blackened blade.

Wicked Darlings’ Deeds
- Mabel Bunt and the Masked Monarchs, by B. R. Marsten and R. Collins, is an extra yummy to read armed with all kinds of blades. Click on the title for my review.

- The Raven Athame – Special Edition”, by Eliora… If there ever was one blade to rule them all, this one would probably be it. 


after rereading last week’s Magaly Gazette,
I feel the need to confess that I might have a blade fetish…
and I like it, a lot

13 comments:

  1. I'm loving Eliora's Raven Athame, it's ravens what more is there to say.

    Ben and Rhissanna's have gave birth to a great character with morally relaxed Mabel.

    "Not Victoria" was sublime in atmosphere and took me to a forest grove clearing, I felt the breeze and sense the trees, a new path waited. I'd like more of this.

    "Rekindling Spark" what is there to say, it contained both the scrumptious and wickedly rich characters of Lum and Darlene accompanied by supporting cast of gender changing moon fairies and an deliciously intriguing grandmother and the spark who's appearance got me looking up caterpillars at 1am in the morning. I'm not sure if you are good or bad for my insomnia Magaly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So... how did the caterpillar search go?

      Delete
  2. Seems I wasn't the only one with blades on my mind this week. GMTA ! ! !

    Thank you for the kinds words and photo share !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something attractive about sharp, curvy things with lots of symbolism behind it...

      Delete
  3. I am loving these recaps of the happenings of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying them, too. I also love a place where a can share bits about the wonders crafted by my Wicked Darlings. *wink, wink*

      Delete
  4. Nothing wrong with a little blade adoration, I myself have a penchant for sharp pointy things! I'm keeping up with the Magaly Gazette as best I can! The transition has been smooth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...a penchant for sharp pointy things!" *giggles*

      Delete
  5. Ah, the Magaly Gazette with another cup of coffee. Another mention for Mabel? Thank you kindly, Lady Magaly. I'm really enjoying the format of your Gazette with its links and call-backs to earlier things. Well done as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *does a little dance... and starts craving coffee*

      Delete
  6. that is the coolest blade...with all the dangly things!!
    i like sharp pointy things too...and stones, bones, feathers...i have many fetishes... :)
    OH and i LOVE the artwork on Blooming Howls!!! i'm so far behind...i have lots of catching up to do with your adventures!!

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eliora's work is wonderful. I've been in love with it for quite a while now.

      I'm enchanted by the cover of Blooming Howls, too. Shelle rocks!

      It is so nice to see you around. ;-)

      Delete