Mirror, Toadstool, Crows, Dreamcatcher… Poe

If you read my flashing lament, then you know The Death of Cameras (not to be confused with The Death of Rats) claimed my beloved old flasher. But let’s speak (type?) of sadness no more. This is a pick-me-up post. I took the photos and wrote this entry right after I lost a bunch of writing. These gifts made me smile… and kept me from murdering my laptop. So picture the images as clear as the ones my camera dearest used to shoot, all right?

This golden mirror is a gift from Yvonne, of Winter Moon.
She was probably reading my mind,
since I’ve been redoing my altar and needed a wee looking glass.
The newest addition to my I-love-red-and-black-theme
are a purchase from Winter Moon.
I fell in love with these dominoes the moment I saw them.
Don’t they look perfect sitting on my grenade box?
Yvonne’s picture is much better than mine *sniff, sniff*

Can you see that wee mini-book in front of the other mini-book?
That’s a copy of “The Raven”, by Edgar Allan Poe.
No, I did not get the book from Poe, but from Emma,
lady and mistress of Little Gothic Horrors
It’s so cute that it makes me giggle every time I see it *giggles*.

If the candlelight didn’t blind you, then look to the right of the blaze.
See it? That stone toadstool, toad included, is a gift from my Eliora.
 She knows things…
 I would tell you what’s inside this dreamcatcher bag,
which I also got from Eliora;
but if I told you… then I wouldn’t have any secrets.
You probably thought I would have to kill you, didn’t you?
Well, there is that bit of unpleasantness, too.

Contact, by Magic Love Crow,
is a wedding present from my Stacy.
It sits right above my altar. Yep, I love it that much.
The lovebirds came accompanied
by one of Stacy’s newest, cutest and totally awesome Crow Gals
(I’m too ashamed to show the image my phone is trying to pass as a photo,
so below is Stacy’s picture. It comes with a cute finger and everything…
so it’s obviously better).

This little witch, from PlayfulDead Creationz,
is not a new gift. But the other day, at about 3:00 am,
I noticed that her little witchy eyes glow in the dark.
And that, my Wicked Luvs, was freaking new!
She is also sporting a new bracelet gone choker *waves at Debi and Lori*

I’m sharing this to say thank you to the givers of the yum. But that isn’t the main purpose (I’m selfish like that). I’m showing these gifts to you because I love sharing the best things in my life (um… no, I’m not giving away my stuff; selfish, remember?). What I’m sharing is the reason behind the post: when life seems too tough, look around… there is so much to smile about. If that fails, find a book with The Death of Rats in it. I’m almost certain it will make you squeak.

In case anyone is wondering about The Death of Rats… (“Squeak!”)
imagined into The Discworld, by Terry Pratchett
sculpted to bone and, um… tunic, by Smaggers

26 comments:

  1. So many gorgeous images, trinkets and treasures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first I seen the commissioned piece I had Eliora make for your bday/ wedding last year.I'm happy you like it. Gifts and treasures from virtual friends are even more precious to me, as they come from a pure place, with the excessive cost of everything, even a simple note of appreciation, is a treasured procession.
    Like you, heartfelt creations from others reminds me daily, that gratitude is powerful medicine. xDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already shared these links with you, but I'm adding them here just in case someone else wants to read about Sweet Williams and glittery yum:
      - http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2014/05/inkwell-and-quill-hammer-crabapple.html
      - http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2014/04/sweet-william-pinks-creation-story.html

      I completely agree. There is so much joy in making someone we care about feel good and in feeling good knowing that someone cares about us... "heartfelt creations from others" fill the heart!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely stroll through your happy thoughts...thank you for letting us tag along :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you dance with them? Tell me you danced with them! ♥

      Delete
  4. Seeing unexpected glowing eye(s) would lend an interesting twist to my evening. & a very lovely mirror it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I saw them, I've been staring at them as I fall asleep; great into-dreams meditation *hehehe*. And yes, my new wee mirror is purrrfect!

      Delete
  5. Trying vainly to act well (damn bronchitis) and read my blogs. Somehow I got as far as the grenade box. Hmmm. Thinking on it, everyone could use one of those, me especially. Think I'd better go back to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get to bed! And feel better. Your horses (and the rest of us) need you healthy!

      Delete
  6. Cute finger! LOL! I love ya ;o) I love everything you received my friend ;o) All so cool! All so you ;o) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You keep on feeling my life, my dear Stacy. And I love it. Love and hugs to you! ♥

      Delete
    2. P.S. As soon as I get a new camera, I will show you where I put the Crow Gal. She looks extra cool!

      Delete
  7. You deserve every wonderfilled pressie that you showed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! And guess what? I'm looking at a wonderful winter scene, from a lady I totally love (I took pictures, but they are stuck in my dead camera). ;-(

      Delete
  8. Wow, so many lovely little things! Squee!

    Also I would love that Death of Rats sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Death of Rats is wonderful. This artist did a lovely job. I, too, would love to have it sitting by my books. ;-)

      Delete
  9. I love these glimpses into some one else's home. Like a little gift of part of yourself. Thanks, Magaly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing ourselves makes us more whole, methinks... if we all do it. ♥

      Delete
  10. All of those wonderful things have a good home with you Magaly. That your friends know you this well is your gift to them <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. BLOGGER!!!! *Shakes fist*. What I was going to say was... What lovely things! <3 And, has AlmaMia read the miniPoe yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She keeps on reading it to herself and then forcing me, I mean asking me, to read it to her aloud. For her birthday, she wants a copy of the Practical Magic Spell Book.

      Delete