My Passion (of the Zombie) Fruit Is a Rebel

While watering my plants, I said something to my Passion (of the Zombie) Fruit that made me cackle. You see, my Wicked Luvs, passion fruit plants take about a year to fruit—mine took a few months, so I’m very proud of her… particularly after she came back from the dead. Anyhoo, I was removing some of her no-longer-alive leaves, smiling at her pretty new shoots, when I said, “Who’s her witchy mama’s green rebel?” and burst out laughing.

This plant not only started fruiting way before her time and out of season, but she has also held on to that fruit for about six months. I can’t help but show off the green rebel lady.

Speaking of showing off green awesomeness, the Little Princess dressed up our wee oak (hiding behind the thorny orange plant) in a reindeer sweater for the Winter Solstice. I’m not reminding her to remove the sweater. I’m kind of curious to see how long it will stay up…

I have a holiday post to share with you soon, but I still need to go through about a gazillion pictures first. Right now, I want to show you one that makes me smile every time I see it: my Piano Man taking a picture of the Little Princess and The Boy squeezing oranges to make morir soƱando juice. By the way, see the purple crown of feathers adorning the Little Princess’ head? If you look behind my Piano Man’s right forearm, you’ll notice the pink evidence of his matching headdress. *giggles*

Life is made of wonderful moments, bits of glorious randomness, and wee rebellions that hurt no one… but make the world brighter for those who notice (and treasure) their magic.  

32 comments:

  1. By the look on one of the handsome men in your home, you need SHARPer knives! Be more thoughtful Magaly!
    Little Princess is sprouting as rebelliously as your green ones! Love your photos! Cherished Moments❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Debi, he was complaining about my knifes, too. This is just too rich.

      Delete
  2. You evidently have a green thumb as well some magic powers!. I've never grown a Passion Fruit plant..:-)
    Your Piano Man definitely knows his Dad role very well.. that Princess is blessed. Is The Boy your bro?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to thank my dear Judy, over and over. She sent me a couple of baby plants (in the mail!) and at least one of them seems to feel how much she's loved. I was hoping for flowers, and must confessed was surprised by the fruit... Now, I'm waiting out the orange plants. Maybe they'll get jealous...

      My Piano Man is a gift to his ladies, all of us--his Mon, the Little Princess, me. I always remember to thank the first for the son she raised.

      The Boy is my nephew/son/bit-of-my-soul hybrid. ;-D

      Delete
  3. The men who are unafraid of feather tiaras and fingernail polish are secure in their Divine Masculinity and they make very fine partners, indeed! Thanks for sharing all of the fruits of your life with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I must remind my Piano Man that he is Divine. I believe he will love that... a lot. And thank you, for adding to wonders of my fruits. ♥

      Delete
  4. And what else would we expect from anything handled by your sexy witchy fingers :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother keeps vine plants around the house and it is simply amazing at what they can add to the empty spaces of a house or apartment. I personally don't tend to plants that much, but I enjoy having a bonsai tree here and there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking at bonsai trees. But I can't have one. I know I would just feel terribly sorry every time I had to trim the roots. Yes, I know how silly that sounds. *sigh*

      Delete
  6. HA! Gotta LOVE a family that wears purple headdresses as they juice oranges! There are times (many times) under my own roof that I stop mid-shenanigans and say to my own family that if anyone was watching us with secret surveillance cameras, and could see the silliness we get up to, we would all be carted off to padded cells. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Piano Man say the same thing all the time. Then we laugh harder, lol!

      Delete
  7. ...Does the sweater fit AlmaMia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit large on her... I wonder if she could wear it as a dress. ;-D

      Delete
  8. We live for such moments, my love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the headdresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post, Magaly! I love a man who's not afraid to join in with a little princess. I want to try that drink recipe. I thought ~ obviously mistakenly ~ that OJ would curdle milk! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you follow the instruction closely, and the milk won't curdle. It's delicious.

      Delete
  11. Many beautiful and growing things in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been away from the blog roll for a while.

    I hope you are having a happy new year Magaly, and I wish you wellness and wealthness in the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your years is wonderful and full of great things. Be happy! ♥

      Delete
  13. Magaly it looks like you all had a blast I can't wait to see the holiday pictures. Your Passion Fruit is blooming because she can feel the love honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite the treat.

      My Passion Fruit agrees with you!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the love and smiles ;o) Great post my friend ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shares some extra giggles*

      Delete
  15. What a lovely post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, she is one mighty rebel! Do you know when the fruit will become ripe?

    You can't beat freshly squeezed juice!

    I look forward to seeing more photos (with Piano Man's pink headdress) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea. They usually fall when they are ripe. It's beginning to yellow, so I'm assuming it will be soon. But it's just one and tiny. I'm just happy that a passion fruit plant, potted in a one gallon pot was awesome enough to fruit!

      Delete