From G.G. (Luminous’ grandmother) to the Writer’s Wicked Darlings

Salutations Witchy Writer’s Wicked Darlings,

First things first: are you so marvelous that your stupendousness must be preceded by a qualifier that makes your collective name even grander? Or are you wicked in the pull wings off flies and “talk at the theater” sense? If the latter is true, then I have an embalming ointment that can take care of that. I shall assume you are an amazing group; a storyteller who pens my grandchildren’s adventures would have better sense than to mingle with hooligans.

Hm… I dived right into a tangent, didn’t I? Oh well, I’m old, talkative and very wise. I know that when the soul has something to say, it must say it while the saying feels right. For you see, Wicked Darlings, the meanings of words morph, twist, grow and feed on the essence of our bones, the longer we stew them inside; sometimes words turn into perspicacity treats. Other times…

I’m Luminous’ grandmother, but you can call me G.G. You read of me in Luminous Changes with the Moon and All Dressed Up in Heels and with No One to Kill. Where does the Writer find these titles! Never mind… never mind… I didn’t hack her Blogger account to discuss my thoughts on how my grandson’s stories should have more dignifying titles; of course not. I wouldn’t waste Moon Fire Spirits on that.

I bribed her Muse with my best bottle of Moon Fire Spirits, in order to give the Writer enough time to notice that she was missing something important in the last tale she wrote about my grandson’s escapades. All right, so the something in question was yet to exist when she first wrote the story: I had enough gold, some emeralds and a small ruby, but I still needed black tourmaline to provide light in the dark, for inner and outer grounding, for clarity of expression, to redirect negative energies…

What was needed has been crafted, repurposed with clear intent, and sent to the proper hands. Now, we just need to wait for the Writer to incorporate it into the story. With Winter Storm Juno currently raging over New York City, all of the Writer’s medical appointments have been rescheduled. She will have extra writing time.

No, Wicked Darling ones, I did not send Juno. I would do almost anything to ensure the safety and happiness of my grandchildren; however, a storm that will certainly hurt the homeless and the most helpless would be mental, and the only simply mad one in this family is my grandchildren’s mother. The rest of us take pride in our sophisticated insanity.

G.G.
Raw Black Tourmaline
by Aloha Gaia

25 comments:

  1. "Sophisticated insanity". Heh. I'm borrowing this (borrowing= credit given for origins)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borrow away. I bet Mistress G.G. would feel rather honored to see her words spreading... ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh I too like "Sophisticated insanity" it sounds much posher than just plain old eccentric. I'm now also in love with Lum's gran GG, I hope she visits again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she'll visit. I don't see a way to keep her away. Hacking abilities and strong magic? How can I fight that. Not that I would want to... *cough*

      Delete
  3. You must needs change your password, Writer, to prevent G.G. access! Of course, we now know that all things are set and in motion for more stories, so in that way Luminous Grandmother has surely done the Wicked Darling's a vast favor! And, now, her job is done for as day turns into night, you know that we shall chase you until said stories are here to read! Brava, Grandmother, brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt any of my precautions would work against this lady. Thank goodness, I kind of like her. A lot. And she's very informative, too, isn't she? ;-D

      Delete
  4. If only I had a grandmother like that...sigh. Love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need a grandmother like G.G.

      Delete
    2. ...maybe she will adopt us!

      Delete
  5. O, I am loving G.G. I cannot wait to hear more from her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm completely besotted with the idea of "sophisticated insanity"!!! Very Addams! :D

    Stay safe during the snowstorm! ❤ I've been seeing reports on the news here and hoping you don't lose power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally hear Morticia saying that, indeed.

      Juno wasn't too harsh on us--just a few inches (thank goodness!).

      Delete
  7. Sophisticated insanity, the words just roll off the tongue. Looks like Lum has a kickass G. G. must be where he gets it from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sophisticated nut didn't fall far from the tree. *hehehe*

      Delete
  8. G.G., come and hack my blogger account too! My muse needs to be hijacked something fierce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful. She might end up showing up at your house! And who knows what that might mean...

      Delete
  9. Your imagination absolutely has me enthralled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look into my words *makes strange hypnotizing movements*. Seriously, I love that. A lot. So thanks for telling me. ;-)

      Delete
  10. Now that is what I call a crusty old broad.............my kinda grandmother. Love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a delight, our dear G.G.

      Delete
  11. I want a grandma like this ;o) Love Magaly ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, me and a few others, it seems. ;-D

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Wait until you see her dress!

      Delete