Art Inspired by Dark Words

After waking up to a wonderful mixed media painting inspired by Blooming Howls, I felt the urge to fly around my blog (and search other people’s cyber-homes) to gather every bit of art (I could find) inspired by my dark words. These pieces should live together… whispering wonders into each other’s ears… planning wicked delight and delicious mayhem… 

- mixed media painting inspired by Blooming Howls
- artwork by Gina Morley, Daydream Believer

- charm-full blade inspired by Blooming Howls
- artwork by Lorelei Eliora, Eliora

- ax and butterscotch necklace inspired by Thorn in Red
- artwork by Lorelei Eliora, Eliora

- charm-full blade described (and well used) in Thorn in Red
- artwork by Lorelei Eliora, Eliora

- the original art for the covers of AlmaMia Cienfuegos and Other Stories, Thorn in Red and Wishing upon Earth and Bone (created for Nanowrimo)
- artwork by Michelle Kennedy, SunshineShelle

- doll inspired by AlmaMia Cienfuegos and Other Stories
- artwork by Rhissanna Collins, Rhissanna

- “Dark Mangoes” painting inspired by AlmaMia Cienfuegos and Other Stories
- artwork by Gina Morley, Daydream Believer

- a painting of Mamabuela inspired by AlmaMia Cienfuegos and Other Stories
- artwork by Gina Morley, Daydream Believer

- charm bracelet inspired by AlmaMia Cienfuegos and Other Stories
- crafted by moi, Magaly Guerrero *cough* (background painting, by Gina Morley)

I couldn’t have a post about art inspired by my dark words and not include my stories’ wonderful covers, could I? Of course not, so here they are (click on the covers to purchase *more coughing*):

by Michelle Kennedy, SunshineShelle
http://www.amazon.com/Blooming-Howls-Magaly-Guerrero-ebook/dp/B00PSJ8REY/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8http://www.amazon.com/Thorn-Red-Magaly-Guerrero-ebook/dp/B00HGEPC56/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8http://www.amazon.com/AlmaMia-Cienfuegos-Stories-Magaly-Guerrero-ebook/dp/B0083HF7MS/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8 
  
a cover created for Nanowrimo and a first edition cover…

Soon, I’ll publish a post that will include “Artwork that Inspired Dark Words”…

21 comments:

  1. Love this post, Magaly! So wonderful to see all the beautiful art that your words have inspired -- I love those profound connections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect this will be one of those post I'll go to when the writing gets tough. I'm sure it will fuel my Muse. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I think Gina's painting inspired by 'Blooming Howls' is bloomin' fabulous! Creative inspiration is one of the best feelings in the world! Love all this mutual Muse-ery! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina heard the girls... and saw them, too. I'm sure.

      I shall use the phrase "mutual Muse-ery!" very soon. ;-D

      Delete
  3. Wow! How awesome to inspire so much art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this hand-holding-and-dancing-together of the minds. ♥

      Delete
  4. I't's wonderful to see how words fueled art. The symbiotic relationship among artists is so warm and fuzzy. Love all the artists work pictured here. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "symbiotic" is the center word here. When artists work together the results are pure yum.

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to write the post of artist's works that have inspired my tales... the list will be long, long, long. ♥

      Delete
  5. It's awesome to see how your words took root and sprouted in other's imaginations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the word "sprouted". But you know that. ;-)

      Delete
  6. I love the special creativity your words evoke, Magaly. It touches something deep inside when I read them to my Muse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you. Your sparkles and elegant crafting always speaks to me... ♥

      Delete
  7. Beautiful visual candy and yummy treats to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, now I feel bad. Where's my comment? Anyway, the gist of what iI said was this...

    We're like1 9th century Paris! Artists and writers, bouncing ideas and inspiration of each other and everyone growing and learned and developing.

    And AlmaMia does remain relentlessly cheerful, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, now I feel bad. Where's my comment? Anyway, the gist of what iI said was this...

    We're like1 9th century Paris! Artists and writers, bouncing ideas and inspiration of each other and everyone growing and learned and developing.

    And AlmaMia does remain relentlessly cheerful, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing while writing today's post. You dolled AlmaMia, I storied your Bad Fairy, Rommy speaks Drusilla's voice... It's just wonderful. And I believe it creates a kind of closeness that few things can accomplish.

      Oh, and I just think I saw Blogger shaking in his pants. You let him have it... twice!

      Delete
  10. Show you, Blogger! Now I'm commenting twice! Hah!

    ReplyDelete