The Lum and Darlene Twosome

The characters of my recently published Blooming Howls had a concern, which they deemed serious enough to bring to The Writer: they feared a new book publication, so soon after theirs, would steal too much of their thunder. They appointed Kassia Van Dyke as their emissary.

If you’ve read Thorn in Red, you might have already figured out why my word children chose Kassia. The woman is imposing… bordering on mildly gut-ripping terrifying. So, of course, I said yes to all demands way before she started to loom over me. My gut isn’t anything to brag about. I mean, it has pain-filled holes in it. But it’s the only one I have, and I don’t want it ripped.

What does this mean for Lum and Darlene’s adventures, which I intended to publish on the Winter Solstice? A lot… But worry not, my Wicked Luvs, for the news is actually good: I will wait some time to publish their novella, but you’ll get the Lum and Darlene twosome to nibble on.

This two-part journey towards justice, friendship, love, lust (and very likely bloody mayhem) will take place on December 22nd and 29th (I thought about sharing the tale on the Winter Solstice, but I just can’t compete with a sun god. I might be able to temporarily confuse a small and already distracted God of Keys that Get Lost in Coat Pockets, but a sun god would be considerably hotter). The plot is completed, and the words are dancing their delicious chaos in my head. Some of them have been scowling and screeching, too.

NoteDarlene is thinking about wearing an outfit, similar to the one below, to a winter holiday party. I must thank Shannon for the link to the corsets; they are absolutely perfect! My gratitude also goes to everyone who helped me figure out Darlene’s jeans size (she wears a 14). It was such a wonderful discussion, and the lady is rather pleased.

La Strisca Steel Boned Underbust Corset

20 comments:

  1. You know how much I love all of your writings and yes I completely understand them choosing and you listening to Kassia, can;t wait to read more Lum and Darlene :-) and I love the outfit idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a show stopping outfit! Looking forward to the next installment of their adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It seems you approve that corset. ;-D

      Delete
  4. Ohhhhh very very exciting! Adore that outfit too! Though I have to say, if I were 5'11" and 175 I'd be about a size 2. I don't know where the weight goes on me but I'm like a piece of lead hehe, at around that weight and 5'2" I'm a 6, very weird! Maybe I'm packed with muscle :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe. I'm 5'4". And my jeans don't quite care about my waist size, my butt is a... round, lol!

      Delete
  5. Yay, that's a great bit of pick me up news, looking forward to reading of delicious Lum and Darlene now. The corset looks perfect for Darlene. I don't recommend dissing the god of keys though, in his small way he's managing to create much confusion here, I've now got keys that will lock but then won't unlock the door and another that works from outside the house but won't work from inside, there has to be a god somewhere laughing his head of at our door locking antics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Jane. I shall leave a skeleton key offering to the God of Keys that Get Lost in Coat Pockets. It's too damn cold to get locked out!

      Delete
  6. See, once you start with the corsets, you can't stop. Ask me, I know. So looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really tried to cheat with this one. I've never had a corset and there is so much to learn about them. I almost said, "Screw it. Darlene grew out of loving corsets." Then I felt my Muse glaring at me... a few hours of reading later, I still knew very little about corsets, but enough to figure out which Darlene might like and why. I might have to get one for me... for research purposes, of course. *cough*

      Delete
  7. These corsets are, of course, nicely boned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that outfit is hot! I'm looking forward to your next novella. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to getting an outfit like that one!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous corset, beautiful woman! I can't wait to read everything ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember going out dressed like that once or twice....*sigh*....but what memories *wicked smirk* :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures! Where are the pictures!?

      Delete