Poe in Red

It was love at first sight of yummily bright red and dark Poe.

Can you blame me? The wee Poe book below is about 2.5 inches, and it includes four short stories, six poems and a biography. I’m completely in love with this mini book. And with my Piano Man, who made sure we had enough time to visit one of my favorite independent bookstores before getting to the Little Princess’ latest tap recital.

I found Poe, but my Piano Man spotted this lovely copy of The Brothers Grimm 101 Fairy Tales. I’m enchanted by the silver letters on the smooth red cover.

The inside is quite adorable, too. The image reminds me of Winter Moon.

This copy of The Dark Volume, by Gordon Dahlquist, was part of Ms Misantropia’s All Hallow’s Read. I love the title of the book.

The yummy extras Ms Misantropia added to the package made me smile. Particularly the red tassel and its accompanying note. It says: “I thought that if there is someone that can put a red tassel to good use, it would be you.” She’s so right. *wicked grin*

This wee fellow, with its permanently perplexed expression, comes from Broomsticks & Lace. I adore its enormous key. Doesn’t it look like it has huge-door opening plans?

Say hello to enraged Unikitty. She isn’t new to the family, but she saw everyone getting their picture taken and demanded to be photographed, too. I immediately accommodated her needs; for as Terry Pratchett says, in The Folklore of Discworld, a creature with a temper and “…a horn growing from its forehead is not to be treated lightly.”

Thank you, Ms Misantropia and Jennifer. I’ll treasure your gifts, and my delightfully red Poe. ;-)

*waves shamelessly; learned it from Rhissanna* So, my Luvs, have you visited in Darker Words…? And did you get your copy of Blooming Howls, yet? *like I said, no shame; Rhissanna is that wicked*

25 comments:

  1. Oh, be still my beating heart! What a swoon-worthy little Poe book! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand. My breath went short for a couple of times. ;-D

      Delete
  2. *waves* Never be ashamed! Self-promotion is what the Internet is for. I love the Poe and the other goodies, all in wonderful, magnificent RED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much lusciousness!!! *waves at Unkitty* :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unikitty just grinned back. Or bared her fangs... It's always hard to tell. ;-D

      Delete
  4. OOH! That Brother's Grimm! *dreams of stroking it's cover*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rubbing it against my face, lol!

      Delete
  5. I don't think I will ever see the color Red without thinking of you, immediately. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoooHooo! My master plan has taken root! ;-D

      Delete
  6. Look at that tassel, seductively draped over your volumes. I was right, it never did that over here.

    I don't know if you've noticed, or you already knew, but that book is the second in a series. I confess that I never read it after I found that out, after making the mistake of discovering a series 4 books into it too many times. I do hope it's ok with you, or that you find the first one easily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all yummy! It put a huge grin on my face, too. And after I received the book and realized that it was the second on a series, I laughed at that, too. Now I understand your joke on my post about Sex in Literature, lol!

      Delete
  7. Mini books are so cute! And your dolls and creatures can read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All look right at home! Especially the red tassel! I am admiring your new books! Hawwwww, new books!
    I'm pretty sure, tiny key and holding cutie are magic!
    Yes! Hot of the press I own THREE wonderful stories and I'm Howling Happy about that! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww yay so glad my wee goblin arrived safely to your home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your little red Poe book! The Grimm's Fairy Tales book is amazing too and I love that the trees reminded you of Winter Moon :)

    So many gorgeous gifts and treasures. I'm intrigued to know what you'll do with that red tassel! (burlesque came to mind)

    Blooming Howls is Blooming Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep on looking at the wee Poe book and calling it "My Precious", lol!

      You'll never guess what I will do with the tassel. Just wait...

      Delete
  11. Those red covers are so bloody sexy! I love how the tassel looks like it is unashamedly bleeding from that gorgeous book across which it is laying. Unkitty is freaky. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the red, isn't it? So freaking sexy!
      Yes, Unikitty is quite... special, lol!

      Delete
  12. I love your treasures ;o) You deserve them ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet, my Stacy. ♥

      Delete