Archaic Word Yum

This week, in Darker Words…, my wee garden for showcasing dark stories, poesy and writing bits brings some new yumminess with words in it. Read on, my Wicked Luvs…

Two mini-Reviews and a micro-Blurb:
- “The Ditch”, by Aimee Bender
- “Out of the Shadows”, by Magaly Guerrero

Archaic Word Yum:
- “Afeard” is the first word in a new feature at my page. Follow the link to see its meaning, as defined by my 150-something year old dictionary, (and perhaps to use the word in a haiku, a 13-word story, or in a haibun if you’re feeling extra dauntless).

Other Happenings:
- “Belle du Freak” won the Choose What Tale I’ll Tell poll. The carnivalesque fun will start in January… Don’t feel too bad if your choice didn’t win this time around; there’ll be others.
- Rhissanna’s Joan Ennuyétte might need a lawyer… or a discrete incinerator. *cough*

One of the most delicious images, this week, is John Scarratt’s cover of Macbeth. Click the skull to read my favorite quote, my Wicked Luvs. Then again, you probably already know it, dont you?

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention, dear soul! Joan (So called because I thought she looked like Joan Baez...) is a bewildered little soul, but those dreadful rumours about her cousin Helmut are just that. Rumours. Honest. Also, I'm a little addicted to making tiny pencils. Would AlmaMia like one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rumors are a terrible thing, aren't they? I hope everything gets straighten out. It looks dear Joan means business.

      You are asking AlmaMia if she wants a pencil? What kind of question is that? I can see her grinning from where I sit.

      Delete
  2. So very wonderful! Always love to hear your reviews and opinions on tales and writings. You have excellent taste, as exhibited in the stories you weave yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just loving this whole dang thing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant illustration for Macbeth! But I missed out on your fave quotation. I went for "Double double toil and trouble . . . " D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “By the pricking of my thumbs,
      Something wicked this way comes.”

      ;-)

      Delete
  5. Hmmm...so how wicked must I be? I prick my fingers and thumbs on a daily basis mwahahaha :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your delicious wickedness is legendary and vast, dearest Gina. That's why I love you so much. ;-D ♥

      Delete
  6. My favourite Shakespeare EVER!! That cover is delightfully wicked (as the quote)... Methinks I have been missing out of lots of convo.... Dang it.... Gotta catch up.... Sooooooooooon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will always be here waiting for you... ♥

      Delete
    2. I just started rereading Macbeth. After that, I shall listen to the BBC production. ;-D

      Delete