“Kubla Khan” a la Benedict

As most young things do, in Darker Words… is taking time and care to grow. But I’m having a lot of fun tending to my wee garden for showcasing dark stories, poesy and writing related bits. The reach of the page is not very wide, compared to my profile and blog. So I figured a weekly digest, shared here, might inspire a visit or three from Wicked Darlings who are yet to venture into my tiny cyber-plot at the book of faces. Who knows, the fly-by might offer something to like.  

This Week’s mini-Reviews:
-A Nights Bloom”, by Mama Zen
- “The Green Court”, by B.R. Marsten
- “Hunger Pains”, by Rommy Driks
- “Who Is Your Executioner?” by Maria Dahvana Headley
- “Witch Child”, by Diandra Linnemann

Mixt Happenings:
- The “Belle du Freak” or “The Sick Rose”? Choose What Tale I’ll Tell poll will remain open until Monday, December 8th. Stop by and cast your vote.
- I believe the highlight of the week was a link to a video of Benedict Cumberbatch reading “Kubla Khan”, which left many ladies (and a few gentlemen) grinning and swooning.

The Moon Phase Bracelet below (from delightfully full to deliciously dark), by the I Love Science Store, was one of my favorite images this week. Speaking of shiny things to lust after, Eliora is giving away a Yule Star Bottle; click on the link for details (enter before 12/7/15).

14 comments:

  1. The mini-reviews are a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I want the moon phase bracelet! Must. Not. Buy. Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your new page :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the new page. It is such a nice way to look at it, and the words I needed to hear this week that as with most young things it is taking time and care to grow. I don't know why those words resonated with me so much, perhaps it is due to one of those weeks of not feeling like I have accomplished enough. Got to give my little 22 year old self a break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you do!

      Some things can be rushed, others... not so much. You can't force a baby to develop in 5 months, or a plant to bloom out of season. The latter is possible, but it will rarely offer the same flowers. The things we want take time and care to achieve. Sometimes is hard to see that, but if we take a step back... we can actually notice the bit of change, the bit of strength, our wants taking shape.

      Twenty-two, huh? I think I remember what that felt like, lol.

      Delete
  5. I, too, like the mini-review idea. So nice to revisit this lovely bits of darkness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bits of poetry and/or micro-fiction, in review-like form, is next. Like I said, I'm having a lot of fun with this!

      Delete
  6. Hey Miz Magaly, Amazon emailed me a recommendation for "thorn in red" yesterday. Based on my recent purchases, one surmises. *grins* I thought it was cool to see Amazon suggesting you to me and I thought you'd get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. I think that's pretty sweet! And here I thought Amazon wasn't earning it's keep, lol! ♥

      Delete
  7. Excellent reviews on your Facebook ;o) I could read them, even though I am not on Facebook. I am going to join in the new year!
    My head is almost 100% on! LOL! Not listening to my mind anymore! Letting everything go and looking at everything with my heart ;o) Your mind can really screw things up!!!
    I love that bracelet!!
    Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what I like most about having a page. People who don't have an account can still see it. And next year, you'll be able to join the FB mayhem!

      Delete