Spelling with Thorns

The big day…

Yes, way too early in the morning, some person I’ve never met will make me sip uncannily-colored drinks and will proceed to take photos of my inner bits. That sounds almost sexy, in a mildly disturbing sort of way, doesn’t it? Well, it’s not. It’s a disgusting, intrusive, time-sucking procedure that I wish I could skip. Alas, like Luna Bravo says, in Pre-Chaos, “sometimes a little bad [is] necessary in order to survive.”

For this one the “surviving” bit is quite literal, since my tummy has been a mighty bastard lately… But while I’m getting my little bad, I shall think about coming home to immerse myself in a lot of yum. How? I’m loading Blooming Howls right after I return from the hospital. That way, there will be no danger of the book being published while I’m being poked and pictured (I know this is the wrong use of the word, but I’m feeling rebellious)…and selfish.

I’m terrified of letting the book go live while I’m half conscious—this is a total exaggeration, by the way, since tomorrow’s procedure is uncomfortable but not very invasive… There shall be no drooling… or kicking of doctors… accidentally.

However, those who use KDP probably know what I’m talking about: you do all the work; you know in your gut the work was done right; yet, you still bite your toenails to the quick waiting to see if the text you submitted has been cyber-napped by space goblins with a passion for hieroglyphs and Klingon lexicon. Okay, so that’s unlikely to happen, but the panic of new publication is similar to the panic that surrounds any birth: those involved nearly always think that everything that can go wrong will go worse.

Here is a witchy quote from Jena Thorn to lull my angst. I mean, for you to enjoy *cough*:

“Freely walk through my burning essence
with purpose but not in haste,
close your eyes,
know my intent,
trust my soul to guard your face.”
          ~ Kiss with Punch

Have you ever kept yourself from doing something you love because you are terrified of doing it wrong or because life and your physicians keep on getting in the way?


***
This post is lovingly dedicated to a treasured and respected friend, who has a mind full of worlds, a living full of experiences, a bunch of tales written but never shared, a storyteller who (rather erroneously) believes that other writers publish their art because they aren’t terrified silly every time a new work is about to come out.

Once again, Luvs, leave a relevant comment on this post and you’ll be able to claim an extra entry to the Blooming Howls Inspired Blade Giveaway… Make sure you entered the original giveaway post; and do add “This one is for the blade!” at the end of new comments (one extra entry per new post). And if you haven’t done it yet, do enter the Celtic Dragon Tarot Reading giveaway. ♥


This made me giggle aloud.

20 comments:

  1. Best wishes for the medical malarky and for 'Blooming Howls' imminent delivery into this world! ❤ ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stealing the word "malarky" just so you know.

      Delete
  2. Good, better, best luck for the procedure! I hope the photographs show your best side and I double-dog-dare you to blog them! (You're not seeing mine). As for the not doing of things. There was something I was terrified of doing. Something big and huge. And I realised it was SO big and huge that if I didn't do it, I'd regret it forever. So I did it. And now I'm living happily ever after. I understand the KDP jitters, though. At least with the dolls, I know there's no technology getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always feels better after that first step is taken, doesn't it? Even if things don't work out perfectly.. It's just good to do it.

      Delete
  3. soothing thoughts and wishes are pouring out your way......calmate.
    Only the best will surround you at your procedure.
    And then you will have the joy of delivering your newest work to the world.....where there are so many of us waiting and anticipating the arrival......xoxo Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a few more days. Tomorrow I'll get the results of the tests. Will have the weekend to digest them... and then Blooming Howls.

      *calmandome*

      Delete
  4. We can wait (barely) until you are through with your close ups! You take care and treat the doctors like the star you are ( interpret that as you will! LOL)! I think it is rather important that the mother be present for the birth of her babe! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a wicked, wicked, wicked writer, aren't I? Just a few more days... And the baby shall bloom.

      Delete
  5. (this is for the blade, even if the three musketeers isn't my favorite tale) Dear T&R Friend, authors release their tales not because they know no fear, but because it is the only way to placate their raging muse, because it is the only way to make room for the tales crowding every molecule of their sole. Authors release tales in order to breathe.(this is for you) *hugs* for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *breathing*

      This is wonderful!

      Delete
  6. Smile, innerbits, smile -- you're on Candid Camera! I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. By now it is over and you are home, safe and comfy and up to all kinds of creative births and Magaly magic. Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hellloooo magical Magaly! I hate being poked and prodded as much as the next gal. I fortunately only have to get checkups. It must feel annoying (mild word) having to do it on a much more regular basis. I send my love, as always. This one is for moral support, and conveniently also for the blade LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets old after a while; especially when they are doing the same thing and expecting different outcomes. Sounds too much like madness, doesn't it?

      Delete
  9. You sure know how to create a gloriously anticipated arrousal state in those longingly awaiting the climatic arrival of "Blooming Howls" Ms Wicked! Wishing you good results and fast recovery (for slightly selfish reasons ;)) and of course doubly excited because I get another opportunity to repeat... "This one's for the blade"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall add "Creatrix of Gloriously Anticipated Arousal" to my resume!

      Delete
  10. I hope everything went well!!! Big Hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are getting better, slowly, but better... ♥

      Delete