From Daisies and Weeds to Kiss with Punch…

It always happens
in the woods of giant white daisies and weeds.
It begins at night;
our bodies skyclad,
stretched out under a sheet of moonlight.

I keep my eyes closed.
I feel only him.
Even in my sightless state,
I know we are the only
fae and human couple around;
the only ones
panting in each other’s arms.

He rubs my shoulders,
and I relax under his touch.
His hands are twin dreams
kneading needy flesh.
He hugs me from behind.

I gasp when his breath warms my neck.
“Don’t leave me, love.”

“I need to go, my sweet Daisy.”

“Not yet!”
I reach for his hand,
but dawn gets to him first.

(Open Link Monday – November 10, 2014)
Surreal Daisies

Note: I first published this piece in January 2011. I’ve changed the structure for this post (see the original here), but the words remain untouched. Those of you who have read Thorn in Red probably recognize most of these lines. Wanna know why? Well, that’s because “Daisies and Weeds” is the seed that sprouted Thorn in Red; also “Kiss with Punch” (TiR 1.5), the third story in the Blooming Howls collection.

Here is the quote I promised you last week:

“People cry, Bran.”

“They do,” he said in a very low voice. “And when my mother’s cries turn into wails, Mattalina, a lot of people die. And she has to live with the blood of every one of those deaths coating her days, her nights, her clothes… Mom can’t help the things she had to do to survive. But I can make life easier by not forcing her to relive memories she wants to let go.” ~ Kiss with Punch

Don’t forget, whenever you leave a relevant comment on a new post (from Nov 3rd to Nov 17th), you’ll be able to claim an extra entry to the Blooming Howls Inspired Blade giveaway… Make sure you entered the original giveaway post; and do add “This one is for the blade!” at the end of new comments (one extra entry per new post). If you haven’t done it yet, please fly over to the Celtic Dragon Tarot Reading giveaway and add your name to my Random.Org cauldron. ♥

On November 17th, chaos blooms

55 comments:

  1. My love affair with TIR deepens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to witness your affair after you read "Kiss with Punch." ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is good. I missed the original, so thank you for re-working it here. And it's always fascinating to see how the Muse hands you slips and cuttings, to grow new things from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. I'm excited to see how all the originals (the Blooming Howls tales all start at Pagan Culture) will feel after reading what they've become. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Gives me shivers. I love how your work invokes such powerful feelings. Love this

    ReplyDelete
  4. "kneading needy flesh" This is stamped into my brain!

    Loved this poem! Especially the last line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been in mind for quite a while. ;-D

      Delete
  5. This for me goes deep into the mythology when divinity mingled with humanity.. what a bliss of night you paint, and the sadness of the dawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've touched on one of the reasons why I love the urban fantasy genre. I love to read (and write) mythology in fiction.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful!
    Those daisies have a better time than we think. ;-)
    http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2014/11/a-soul-lost-though-body-lives-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The greenwood romances of Shakespeare and Spenser survive from Arcadias that are all of ours to wander through and sing ... Lovely pagan marital here.The mind which adventures with lyric feet is richly rewarded in places like this. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment sounds like poetry, mi señor. ;-)

      Delete
  8. Seems like a star in love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed the original and I'm heading to read it. Powerful imagery, love the eternal romance of Fae and mortal. This of course is for the blade.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one snappy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, what delightful shudders from those snippets from your garden! Very different blooms, but lovely in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very ashamed to say that I read "nipples" instead of "snippets". Okay, that's a lie. I'm not ashamed at all. ;-D

      Delete
  12. Needs met under sheets of moonlight! Primal, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love the night life ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an intriguing and sensuous poem, Magaly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "intriguing" is quite welcome around these parts. ;-)

      Delete
  15. I love that closing line!

    ReplyDelete
  16. delightfully Intriguing.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  17. I miss your words! This is so beautiful! I love it ;o)
    Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you, dear Stacy. You were in my mind while I revised the Pre-Chaos story.

      Delete
  18. I reach for his hand,
    but dawn gets to him first.

    What a shame! Just plain tough luck that the night is short contrary to what most people expect. Great lines Magaly!


    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  19. skyclad! love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Particularly in the summer. Hehehe!

      Delete
  20. Wow! This had my blood racing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days, I will tell you where it came from...

      Delete
  21. Mmmm, human/faery sex. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. From "our bodies skyclad" to "his hands are twin dreams" to "but dawn gets to him first" this is a piece that reminds me of another time, another country, when I was young. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just smiled thinking that these words brought back some lovely memories for you. Yay!

      Delete
  23. Oh how I wish my boyfriend was a fairy tee hee! What a strange phrase. Just playing though, he's perfect as is :P Ohhhh what beautiful words.

    Ohhhh this one is also for the blade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. magical, indeed. hmm... Magaly.... magical... coincidence? ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe in coincidence! *grin*

      Delete