When I saw the wine glass my Sexy Sister Sarah painted for the third Witches in Fiction 2014… Crafting Blooming Howls (countdown to the big event) giveaway, my heart glowed with solace, hope, and with the kind of solidarity embraced by those who can look into each other’s eyes, and say, “Yes, dear one, I’ve been there, too.” Then Sarah spoke of the symbolism her brush and soul coated the wine glass with, and I was left with a tight heart, a ginormous smile and eyes shining with happy tears. Drink in the soothing, wild magic of Sarah’s Rasta Witchy Woman against Chronic Pain Wine Glass. Isn’t this powerful art?
I asked Sarah to tell me about the wine glass, and this is what she said: “September was National Pain Awareness Month, and October 7th is Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness Day in the U.S. (Hence the teal ribbon in the skeleton’s eyes).
…those who are intimately acquainted with chronic pain,” understand that “there are times, between the pain and the mental anguish and frustration, [when one] feels like one’s skull is going to crack open. I guess my reason for the Witch is that I want a visual reminder for those fighting their own battles out there, whether physical, mental or emotional.
…there are people who are sending them the strength to endure and conquer. This Witch is sending strength and the ability to overcome. There is a quote by Kahlil Gibran written on it: ‘out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls.’ It’s a cliché, but it’s true; what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger. I have come to think of this lady as my Rasta Witch, what with her lovely wild locks and all…”
I could say so much about this wine glass, but I won’t; for Sarah’s words already gave the right amount of courage, the perfect kind of magic… bask in it, my Wicked Luvs, and heal!
This is what you need to do for a chance to sip from the Rasta Witchy Woman against Chronic Pain Wine Glass, sponsored by Sarah H.Original Art & Gifts:
1. Leave a comment telling me about an unconventional healing symbol, and why it speaks to you. (By the way, my most powerful healing symbol is the hammer: breaker and maker of souls).
For extra entries (one entry each):
2. Share this post on Facebook.
3. Share this post on Twitter.
4. Follow Love, Light & Wine: A Painting, Sipping, Beachy Pagan, Sarah’s blog.
5. Visit Sarah H. Original Art & Gifts, browse her galleries, then come back to tell me about your favorite item. (I, for instance, have been thinking about commissioning a pair of wild witchy jeans).
Rules, details and stuff…
* I need to be able to contact the winner, so please add your email to your comment. Don’t want to share this info publicly? Email it to me: magalyguerrero(at)live(dot)com.
* You can group all your entries in a single comment. Or not. The choice is yours.
* To my Canadian winners, before you can claim your prize, I must test your mathematical yumminess by asking you a very obscure question, like… what’s 13 + .5. Yeah, obscure…
* This giveaway closes on October 20th, 2014, at 10:13 pm, EDT. The winner will be chosen using Random.Org, and announced on October 21st, 2014.
* Open worldwide, excluding any place where prohibited by law.
Haven’t joined Witches in Fiction yet?
Well, follow the link or click on the banner and party!
But do start to bloom and howl by October 15th…