“A black cat’s tooth and a crow’s foot
A knot to bind and some chimney soot
A pepper, a bone, and some red brick dust
Upon her tomb, scratch 3 X’s you must
To hail the French Quarter Voodoo Queen
Who’s spirit still walks in New Orleans”
Don’t you just love the fun Shawnee, the owner of Alchemy & Ashes, puts into her work? Well, I sure do. I love it almost as much as I adore the scents of her soaps and what they do to my skin. The seventh Witches in Fiction 2014… Crafting Blooming Howls (countdown to the big event) giveaway brings you soothing magic in the shape of French Quarter Voodoo 19th Century Black Lager Cold Process Soap and The Conjured Kiss Almond Lip Balm.
Most of the ingredients in this soap make me sigh and breathe extra deeply: patchouli, lemon myrtle, anise, palmarosa, cinnamon, cassia… Are you rushing to start a shower yet? If you can summon these scents, then the water is probably already running.
This is what you need to do for a chance to win a bar of Alchemy & Ashes’ French Quarter Voodoo Soap and a tube of The Conjured Kiss Almond Lip Alchemy:
1. Leave me a comment naming a single ingredient you love in food, drinks and soap.
For extra entries (one entry each):
2. Share this post on Facebook.
3. Share this post on Twitter.
4. Like Alchemy & Ashes on Facebook
5. Visit the Alchemy & Ashes shop; come back to tell me about an item you liked.
Rules, details and stuff…
* I need to be able to contact the winner, so please add your email to your comment. Don’t want to share this info publicly? Email it to me: magalyguerrero(at)live(dot)com.
* You can group all your entries in a single comment. Or not. The choice is yours.
* To my Canadian winners, before you can claim your prize, I must test your mathematical yumminess by asking you a very obscure question, like… what’s 13 + .5. Yeah, obscure…
* This giveaway closes on October 20th, 2014, at 10:13 pm, EDT. The winner will be chosen using Random.Org, and announced on October 21st, 2014.
* Open to the U.S. only, excluding any place where prohibited by law.
Haven’t joined Witches in Fiction yet?
Well, follow the link or click on the banner and party!
But do start to bloom and howl by October 15th…