“Magic is not evil, no matter what… The things people do with their spells may be good or bad, but magic is nothing but energy.” This is one of my favorite quotes from Diandra Linnemann’s All Souls’ Children, our fourth Witches in Fiction 2014… Crafting Blooming Howls (countdown to the big event) giveaway. You can read my review of the book here.
“MAGIC CONSULTANT AND SOLUTIONS. This is the slogan on Helena Willow’s business card. But when the mayor of Riverton asks her to find a missing Wicca, it is not much help. For the missing woman not only has a secret lover, an unborn child and a weird coven, but also a dubious past. It almost seems as if no one really wants to find her.
With the help of Falk, whose own past includes more than just murder and manslaughter, Helena sets out to find the young woman. While emotions come to a boil and several groups attempt to instrumentalize this case for their own purposes, Helena and Falk meet resistance every way they turn. It seems to be for the best if the missing woman remains part of a statistic. But once Helena has made up her mind, there is no stopping her. After all, she has an arsenal of tricks. But what she and Falk find, finally, deep in the mountains, turns her blood to ice.
This is a story about gods, humans and monsters, set in a world where magic is part of life and where witches have to pay taxes.”
Diandra has provided three copies of her novel. The winners will be able to choose between e-books and signed paperbacks. And just so you know, every one of Diandra’s books “is hand-raised and can do a trick.” *tee-hee*
This is what you need to do to enter the All Souls’ Children giveaway:
1. Share the first three words that come to mind after you read the book’s title.
For extra entries (one entry each):
2. Share this post on Facebook.
3. Share this post on Twitter.
4. Like Story Well, Diandra’s new Facebook page.
5. Follow Knusperhous, Diandra’s blog.
Rules, details and stuff…
* I need to be able to contact the winner, so please add your email to your comment. Don’t want to share this info publicly? Email it to me: magalyguerrero(at)live(dot)com.
* You can group all your entries in a single comment. Or not. The choice is yours.
* To my Canadian winners, before you can claim your prize, I must test your mathematical yumminess by asking you a very obscure question, like… what’s 13 + .5. Yeah, obscure…
* This giveaway closes on October 20th, 2014, at 10:13 pm, EDT. The winner will be chosen using Random.Org, and announced on October 21st, 2014.
* Open worldwide, excluding any place where prohibited by law.
Haven’t joined Witches in Fiction yet?
Well, follow the link or click on the banner and party!
But do start to bloom and howl by October 15th…