The Worst Faery in New York

“With a little bling and a lot of sass anyone can get into a New York City nightclub without paying,” I said to Lum. I took an extra-invigorating breath, which I hoped would be the key to fitting my new size nine Keith Haring shoe around a foot that had to be at least thirteen inches long, but somehow still managed to look dainty.

After Lum’s second foot slid into my shoe, I stepped back and prayed my chaotic breathing didn’t give away my thoughts. He looked like a self-crafted miracle of never-ending legs, round hips that bent any living thing’s will, and full breasts that perked over a heart bigger than the Super Moon brightening the New York night.

But I couldn’t control the trepidation that set clouds over my bright feelings. “Lum, I believe in you… Your kind is mighty strong, but… I mean, these men are also like you. And there is only one of you, and I… look at me,” I spread my hands and looked down at my miniskirt and naked feet, “I won’t count for much in this fight. There were only bits of blood and bone and wig left of the last dancer they attacked. And—”



Lum placed a cool hand under my chin, gently lifting my face until my eyes gazed into tricolored green eyes. “I have a friend who believes, Stefano Máni Kirkham.” Lum’s grin widened. “The Silver Mother is ripe above, and I’m wearing killer heels that have me drunk with thoughts of life and death and sex and warring.”

I moaned. I didn’t know if it was the talk of sex and warring, or the fact that Lum had bitten the tip of one of his fingers and rubbed his saltiness on my lips and tongue, but Lum’s skin seemed to be rippling with light. “You are… moonlight, you—”

“Yes,” Lum said. “We better go inside the club before the magic is wasted out here. My blood will keep you in charge of your will. This,” he gave me a very small moonstone, “you need to put it in your friend’s mouth when I tell you, all right?”

“Right,” I said, and swayed towards the nightclub’s entrance after him.

As we approached the bouncer, Lum told me, “This is the hard part, my friend; may your belief be strong.”

I didn’t get it. I had money to pay the cover charge, but Lum would not walk into the place unless he was invited in by “someone who has the right to issue the invitation.” That’s what he had said to me. I glanced at the way the bouncer was looking at Lum’s chest and knew that getting in wouldn’t be the hard part at all.

“May we come in?” Lum smiled at the bouncer.

“Can I frisk you first?” The bouncer’s expression made me wish for a bleach shower.

“You may,” Lum told him.

The bouncer squeezed Lum’s breasts and pulled his hand back right before frisking his crotch. “I will just keep my dreams and pretend you’re real,” he said, smacking Lum’s ass and letting us in.

“They shouldn’t hire men like that here,” I said. “Someone should show the bastard some manners.”

“I’ll show him later, Stefano, don’t you worry.”

Anger cleared the fog that had been filling my head. “There’s Kiara.” I pointed towards the three guys who had forced my friend and dance partner into the nightclub. “She’s the one in the red mini dress and five o’clock shadow.”

Lum held my hand and we walked up to the group.

Kiara’s eyes widened when she saw me, but her lips said nothing.

“Luminous?” said the tallest of the three gorgeous men. “I thought warriors only fed on meat that could fight them back.” The man hiccupped before bursting into laughter. His friends sounded as smashed as he was when they joined his mirth.

“I’m no warrior, Ryelord,” Lum said. “But I do like my food kicking and covered in its juices.” In one move, Lum pulled Kiara from the man’s embrace and threw her into my arms. “Now, Stefano!”

Kiara was screaming, so it wasn’t hard to throw the moonstone down her throat. She collapsed to the floor taking me down with her. “Lum, will Kiara be…?” My mouth opened and closed and continued to do that for some time, but no sound came out of me. My brain couldn’t make speech out of what my eyes were seeing.

Lum’s mouth was clamped to the side of one of the three men’s neck; maybe Ryelord, but I couldn’t tell since there was blood covering his face and gushing out of every part of his form I could make out while Lum thrashed him from side to side. The other two men were hanging at each end of Lum’s stretched out arms, their chins impaled from the heels of my Keith Haring shoes. At first look, I thought the rest of the club patrons were fighting each other, but I was wrong—they were having sex. Everybody was. Even the two yellowtail damselfish, which I always thought were fish tank decorations.

Kiara was taken off my hands. “We’re done here,” Lum said, his words killing the scream that almost howled out of my mouth.

“Okay, okay,” I said, stumbling after him.

We stopped by the door. With Kiara held in one arm, Lum used the other one to pick up the bouncer off the floor. I thought he was going to kiss the unconscious man, but he licked his eyelids instead. “That will show him,” he said.

“Okay,” I said.


Fifteen minutes later, I sat on the driver seat of my car staring at Lum who squatted next to my window. “How long will Kiara sleep for?”

“She’ll wake up refreshed in an hour or three. Moon energy does that to earthy souls.”

“Will she remember?” I said, and after Lum shook his head, I added, “Will I?”

“Only if you believe you will, Stefano Máni Kirkham.”

“Then—” I started to say, but my words were cut off by another shriek coming from the bouncer. “What did you do to him?”

“I opened his eyes and showed him.”

“Showed him what?”

“Everything,” Lum said, and smirked in a way that made my insides cringe. 

“I’m so glad you are one of the good ones, do you know that?”

“Oh, I am bad, sister, probably the worst faery in New York. But being bad has never kept anyone from doing the right thing.”

“I will remember that, Lum. And you; I know I’ll always remember you.” I closed my eyes and kissed his cool cheek. When I pulled my head back into the car, the Super Moon had given way to the first rays of New York sun, and my friend Lum was gone.  


for Magpie Tales 232
and for the bad faeries everywhere ;-)
via

63 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Shoes, a weapon of elegant choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Killing people with ugly shoes would be so uncivilized.

      Delete
    2. I also really like the nature of Keith Haring's work. ;-)

      Delete
  2. “The Silver Mother is ripe above, and I’m wearing killer heels that have me drunk with thoughts of life and death and sex and warring.”

    Simply scrumptious from start to end. I'm now having ideas of moonstone and blood, luminous thoughts. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My entire soul brightens at the thought of filling your head with luminous "ideas of moonstone and blood." ;-D

      Delete
  3. You are the Mistress of Death and Delight! Your writing is so delicious I wish I could dine on it always. I hope this turns into a novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You love me. I just know it. Now, I shall add Mistress of Death and Delight to my resume. There won't be a morgue or graveyard in the world that won't hire me! ;-D

      Delete
  4. In love with this story and the shoes, they are both KILLER!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *does a dance for a KILLER story that inspires love*

      Delete
  5. I like the idea of using good shoes to kill. Something very civilised about that. Your story was very engaging. I enjoyed it, is there more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it to be so. There is usually more... ;-)

      Delete
  6. Wow.. The story with its magic kept me captivated from the first line to the last. The scenery of the transsexual nightlife in New York is excellent.. Great way to start my morning,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day, I'll break the ice by telling someone, "I love starting my morning by glimpsing at a scenery of the transsexual nightlife in New York." Then I'm going to stare at them, smiling. I'm having fun just imagine it!

      I love the taste of this comment. ;-D

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of faeries in New York! I would totally read more of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of falling for dear Lum and Stefano, too. I might have to continue exploring their worlds, to find out a bit more about Kiara as well. ;-)

      Delete
  8. Wow. That was really something. And my favourite line: "But being bad has never kept anyone from doing the right thing.” Amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all love our good baddies. Or maybe it's just you and I. ;-)

      Delete
  9. Deadly footwear and Fairy Mischief? I approve. I like the gritty, under the moonlight texture to it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost threw a carrousel in the middle of the street, but... I didn't have money to pay you royalties, so I went for the moon instead. ;-D

      Delete
    2. I bet someone has copyright on the Moon...

      Delete
    3. Rich bastard, I bet!

      Delete
  10. Kroncha alf, moncha alf, thchomp tchomp tchomp

    Kooka alf, shiska bab tchomp tchomp tchomp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, excellent, an amazing story with the power of the moon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Leovi. ;-)

      Delete
  12. Holy cow! That was bad ass! Lum might be the baddest faery in New York but I think you've gotta be the most bad ass Witchy writer in all of New York. Magaly, you rocketh mucho. And those shoes! Oh those shoes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, Lum and I would probably make a killer team... NY might not be able to handle us, especially if you guys wear those choose. I'm going with combat boots. ;-D

      Delete
  13. I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that you included yellowtail damselfish sex in this story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. It was so fun to write. So much fun!

      Delete
  15. Great tale! Why do I now have a Lou Reed Song playing in my head! ,!,!,,,!,xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous killer heels! The perfect accompaniment for your delectable story <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those shoes dreamy? Sooo shiny...

      Delete
  17. Those are killer shoes! Such a wild ride throughout your magpie today. Ever so vivid. And yes, Always bring the bling it paves the way for everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing. I think Mr. Haring would be proud... and Tess, too. ;-D

      Delete
  18. You are ~ Black Magic Woman ... and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the Cinderella touch in this night adventure...blood? what exactly the hue...in a case of future play...Loved the Super Moon smokey look that night ;)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is funny, but I didn't notice the "Cinderella touch" until you pointed it out. How curious, huh? I mean, it's obvious: the shoes, the despairing after the night and the wild dance ended... I love it when my writing surprises me. Thanks for the nudge!

      Delete
  20. Wild times , mate ...but as they say , "better an empty house than a bad tenant " , better out than in , keep em coming ....there was something dark about this ine , though , even down under , damn world going crazy under some packed interesting aspects ...i dont like where its heading but i accept it ...
    Cheers Mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without dark, the light will never be noticed... and we need both. So bring on the darkness!

      Delete
  21. OMG Witchy woman...you write such sexy words...*is having hot flushes at the image of this dark faerie in killer heels* :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine what Lum and the Bloody Duchess could accomplish together? I might have to explore that... *grin*

      Delete
  22. Loved it, escept for the shoes. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why didn't you like the shoes (aside from the fact that they are totally impractical for warring?).

      Delete
  23. EXCEPT, damnit! Can't those fingers never do as they're told???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the shoes. I've heard they are admired by keyboards everywhere. *wicked grin*

      Delete
  24. Context! Where's the beginning & the endwhichisbeginning?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop reading my mind! How did you know where I was planning to go with this? *looks around for bugs* ;-)

      Delete
  25. Ah, my delicious Magaly... you've managed to make me smile today & pulled me out of my melancholy (and for this, I love you even more than I already did).
    What a fabulous tale... and killing with a pair of sexy heels will always slap a grin on my face.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting a smile on your face makes my day, my dear BlakkBuchess!

      Delete
  26. Hey Magaly
    Great story - eyes wide open!!
    Those shoes are magic!!
    Deadly heels - glad I'm not the bouncer!! . . . . lol
    Hey, stranger, where have yer been? Eddie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not envying the bouncer either. I've been playing hide and hurt with my doctors... The bastards were winning for a while. I shall stop by and stalk you a bit. ;-)

      Delete
  27. *mutters* Blogger ate my reply. Again.

    Anyway, what I said the first time was this.

    This is possibly one of the most entertaining, delightful and enthralling things I've read from you. There needs to be more. Lots and lots more. And now I also wonder what moonstones taste like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm convinced that Blogger goblins are bulimic. Yep, they just suck and purge. *sigh*

      I have to admit that I'm pretty taken by Lum and Stefano myself. I love this world in-betwixt world, the ambiguity of the characters, the possibilities of the setting... I suspect they will add to the world of Pre-Chaos, New York... and I always like to make my best suspicions into realities. :-D

      Delete
  28. The Silver Mother is ripe above, and I’m wearing killer heels that have me drunk with thoughts of life and death and sex and warring.”

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Lum has a way with words... and with shoes. ;-D

      Delete