We Honeymooned Before Getting Wedded

Several of you have asked me, “Witchy woman, why are you posting while you are on your honeymoon? We’ve all seen the hunk of man you married. Are you mad!” Well, my Luvs, my Piano Man and I went on our honeymoon before we got married. We wanted to make sure that everything worked properly and deliciously before embarking in such a journey…  

Okay, that’s a total lie. We did test the equipment… many times *giggles*. But we went on our honeymoon last January because we knew my summer would be medical chaos. And we are glad we made that decision. I have more appointments than either of us could have predicted. Between oral surgery, podiatry, occupational therapy, pain management… and a few others, the next few months will be a mess for me. I didn’t want to spend my honeymoon dreading the trip back for the wrong reasons.

Some of you might remember the Piña Colada in My Lover’s Coffee Mug post. Yep, that was our honeymoon. Playa del Secreto, in the Riviera Maya, was the place where we found our fun cake topper…
…and the driftwood branch we used for my bridal bouquet…
…and these honeymooning smiles.  
Now, I have a bunch of stored happy energy to bring out every time all the upcoming medical bits start to get to me. I know they will But I shall coat their gloom with the sparkles of my just-wedded blissful magic.

28 comments:

  1. makes no diff how u did it, the fact u got there is what counts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't all dance the same moves in the same order, right?

      Delete
  2. Honeymoons are meant to be taken when they happen. ;) Incidently, I have yet to have one, but I consider my entire life with Mr. LTW to be one giant honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can be more blissful than a honeymoon that lasts a lifetime...

      Delete
  3. I think you did everything just right, because you did them your way :) I so glad you have happy thoughts and energy to help you through the icky medical stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rather happy for the thoughts, too. Seriously, I think I will have at least 15 appointments this month, and I will need a lot of happy not to start growling after the 6th, lol!

      Delete
  4. Every time I see your Piano Man smile, I can't help but think to myself, "that man is up to something." Sneaky, mischievous smiles, every last one. A fitting counterpart to your wild, witchy grin, my love.

    <3
    -your Artful White Fox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because he IS usually up to something wicked and delicious!

      Delete
  5. I love the way you march... no... the way you *dance* to the beat of your own drum!!! :D

    Hope all the medical shenanigans go smoothly and that you come out the other side feeling better than ever! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm crossing my fingers when it comes to the medical bits, too. I hope all the effort renders the best possible results.

      Delete
  6. Take care of yourself, and don't forget: All those big doctors used to be medical students - don't trust them! ^^ (Just kidding. I'll start green and blue candles for you, just in case.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the healing light. And joke aside, sometimes we must indeed remember that they were medical students and someone's snotty sibling, too. ;-D

      Delete
  7. Oh, I remember that holiday, I didn't realise it was your honeymoon. No wonder you both look so happy and in love. The cake topper is perfect!

    I'm so happy for you - congratulations <3

    I must go back and catch up on your other posts.

    I hope all your medical appointments go smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't say it was our honeymoon at the time. I figured that I would have to explain it again now, and laziness prevailed, lol!

      Delete
  8. One must always test drive before committing!!! That said, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know you will be very happy!

    I hope all your medical woes go by smoothly. None is fun to endure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me giggle! Thanks so much for the great wishes. I, too, suspect we'll be very happy! And lucky enough to see my "medical woes" taken care of!

      Delete
  9. Keep on shining ;o) You two are so cute together ;o) Makes me so happy inside ;o) xoxoxo
    All the best with the medical stuff! Not fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been shining like a sun. Let's just hope I don't burn the apartment, lol!

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a good idea! I hope all the medical stuff goes ok! Sending love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! *accepting the love!*

      Delete
  11. *wraps you in extra hugs* just to be on the safe side :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cuddles in the extra hugs and giggles*

      Delete
  12. Love the picture of you and your husband!! You look so happy and just right for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francie. We are happy indeed, and the fit is purrfect. *giggles*

      Delete