No Shoes, No Pain, No Church… Dancing Wild with Love in New York

This post has neither a metaphorical head nor a symbolic toe to speak of beginnings, middles or ends; it’s a wild circle full of heart and dance—figurative and literal.

Yep, this is going to be one of those catch up entries… where I try to tell you everything that has happened in the last week or three in as few words as possible. Let me start with information that should answer most of the awesome emails snuggling in my inbox: your suspicions are true, my Luvs, I’m wicked sexy and my modesty is legendary…

…oh, actually the little voice in my head just rolled her eyes and told me that the last bit is my narcissism speaking. What I need to tell you is that the issues with my jaw—and the tooth that had been trying to boycott my life for the last couple of months—are over. No more jaw agony. I’m back to only dancing with my hip pain, shoulder pain and a new partner that has settled in the left side of my ribs. And you know what? I’m grateful and then some for the pains I can stand without screaming and twitching on the floor. At one point last month, I was sure I would be murdered by a mutinous molar (more on this later, mayhap as a dark tale… for the whole thing was quite horrific).

Now, to dance with the yummy bits—yes, I have dance and sparkles on my witchy mind…

These last three weeks, my Piano Man and I have been busier than the OPIA, the VA Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs *cough*. But unlike the aforementioned organization, we are having fun when we can. In the picture below, for instance, I had just had oral surgery. But the pains—and the pain killers—were good to us for a few hours and my Piano Man, the Boy, my friend D and I went to Staten Island to gather crabapple branches from the tree under whose shade my Piano Man and I had our first date. It was Friday the 13th, the Moon was full, there was thunder and lightning and rain and there was love all around… perfect.

The Bloody Bride, created by my wicked Gina Morley (aka the Bloody Duchess), is guarding gifts from Eliora, Rommy, Stacy, Oma Linda, Yvonne, Sarah, Diandra and a few other dear friends… I will tell you all about the pressies after my Piano Man and I get wedded.

Speaking of pressies, Ms Misantropia, Lorelei and Ash-Lynn made me grin with an exquisite picture frame (I know exactly what to put in it!), two plaques that will bring extra love to Halloween and a mysterious box I plan to Magalynize. Thank you, my dear ladies! 

The Little Princess, my Piano Man and I celebrated Father’s Day last Tuesday. I was half dead the Sunday before that, so we had to show my mutinous molar that even if it could delay our fun, it would never kill our joy. The Little Princess wrote 8 reasons why she loves Daddy in 2014, we turned the list into a bookmark and I wrote the words into the background of a story (we’ll add to the list and the story every year…).

On my way home from shopping with The Boy, I saw this just-wedded couple dancing their love to the beat of a Times Square musician. A few other people joined their happiness, and we all clapped and howled for them—fine, so I started the howling.

This sign for a Dance Fusion school in Queens, New York, made me grin from head to toe. What’s not to love about a school that teaches ballet and break dance under the same roof?

And for those of you who missed this or this exchange, I’m thinking about getting wedded barefoot… in my living room, encircled by a handful of souls and lots of love.

35 comments:

  1. You certainly had a week full of love :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderful sort of busy... I shall rest and kiss and sleep in another week or three. ;-D

      Delete
  2. I see happiness all around! Wishing you much more and LOTS of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Vickie luv. I feel it and see the it, too. ♥

      Delete
  3. That molar never really stood a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such smiles you produce...such happiness behind them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to smile when so many people say such wonderful things... ;-D

      Delete
  5. Such good news - especially about your choppers! You look so happy hugging in the park and I loved the father's day picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy, happy, happy! And yes, don't they look wonderful together? I love that picture of the Little Princess (im)patiently waiting for Daddy to open his bookmark so she can read it to him. ♥

      Delete
  6. Yea for an absent molar! Well, it's certainly easier to control the weather in your apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The molar still with us. But we have compromise and gotten a root canal. The process was a nightmare... seriously, I must tell the story.

      Ha! In my apartment, I control the sky! Love that. ;-D

      Delete
  7. Barefoot is a great idea! Both of you! I'm excited about your upcoming nuptials and wish you nothing but happiness with a capital aitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debra. We are quite tickled, too. ;-D

      Delete
  8. Aww, you're making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm so excited for you.

    The Barefoot Bride would make a great book title by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "warm and fuzzy" is rather acceptable around these parts. I've heard is good for the soul. ;-D

      Delete
    2. And yes, I love "The Barefoot Bride" for a story. I might have to write it!

      Delete
  9. Barefoot? So bohemian! You are going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad the toothy problem has been dealt with! No one needs a mutinous molar causing marital mayhem! Good for you doing this wedding your own way! You're awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toothy marital mayhem made me snort. LOL!

      Delete
  11. I wish you nothing but happiness, love and joy with your upcoming nuptials. The two of you look divine together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Country Witch!

      Delete
  12. Glad you liked your mysterious box I can't wait to so how you Magalynize it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect shine and color., ;-D

      Delete
  13. Yay! I'm glad you finally got rid of that awful tooth. ^_^
    And getting married barefoot sounds just lovely... The missus & I got dressed up this past Halloween when we signed our marriage certificate, but whenever we get around to having a ceremony, I think I'll be barefoot. ^__~
    Congratulations to you & your (soon to be) Mr. You two make me smile any time I see a picture of you. I can feel the warmth and love radiating out of my computer screen. <3

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love rocks barefoot. It will be our motto. I'm still looking for shoes to go outside and take some pictures (if the weather is nice). But if I can't find them... well, I have some great flip flops. ;-D

      Delete
  14. You look so cute in those sexy red boots ;o)
    Lots of stuff going on, eh? LOL!
    I read your e-mail and came looking for this post ;o) Sorry, I am behind!
    I see the pretties around Gina's doll ;o)
    Magaly, sending you big hugs, lots of love and lots of happy dancing in bare feet ;o)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the soil sings and giggles every time the Stacy Happy Dance happens barefoot!

      Delete
  15. Glad you did so much wonderful stuff despite the pain, you really manage to live a wild and happy life, you are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to live a happy wild life when those who love us most are right there doing the wild dance with us. I'm lucky. They make me lucky. Very. ♥

      Delete
  16. Barefoot in the living room sounds excellent. Afterall......that's where I am right now. ;) Sorry about all the pain you're having right now, Magaly. Thankfully, it's no longer the "I want to cut my own head right off" tooth pain. But, pain of any type, even though it's a great reminder that we are in fact still alive, sucks. I can relate, my left hip and sciatic nerve still hate my new treadmill. And, I'm still walking on it to show those two who's boss.

    I love the outfit you were wearing in those pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night, my Piano Man and I were talking about how we don't know how good it is to be in "less" pain until the really horrid pain grabs us by the through and punches up in the ear. My goodness that damn tooth hurt. My regular aches are almost welcome right now. Almost. I hope you feel better soon, too.

      Delete
  17. Iloved seeing your embracing photos in the morning (my morning has started already)! Loads of love sending to both of you! Blessings and wishes of a great journey ahead :)
    The Little Princess is just so sweet and looking smart in her specs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm joys our happiness brings you some smiles. Lots of love to you and yours, too. And I shall tell the Little Princess that she looks smart in her glasses. She'll be thrilled. :-D

      Delete