Need a Killer? Have a Conversation with Oliver.

Oliver Tunstall enriches the world by offering “a valuable service at a fair rate”—he kills people for a living. He is an uncanny kind of fellow surrounded by characters who, at times, make him look too conventional (wait until you meet Tabitha Simms).  

The tone of A Conversation with Oliver is mild, full of appropriate grins and gentle discourse. But don’t let these details fool you into believing this is a simple story; peel the onion, sniff the danger, and read into the mind of a man who smiles while suggesting that the idea of a “virgin young murderer out on his first real job” might be “adorable.”

Yes, Oliver’s short tale is full of jests. I snorted when I read him say, “Screwing up an assassination is like posting racism on social media—everyone hears about it and you never get positive feedback.” Such fun.

In the middle of the killing fun, A Conversation with Oliver discusses some of society’s darkest bits. The dance between social issues (and Oliver’s special wit) kept my eyebrows touching my hairline. The ending put a ridiculously satisfied grin on my readers face.

B. R. Marsten wove a story that left me wishing for more glimpses into Oliver’s work. 

A Conversation with Oliver, by B. R. Marsten (aka Narrator)

So, my Wicked Luvs, are you tempted to read Oliver?
I hope so;
the character is a walking case study.

14 comments:

  1. Oh! This is nice!.I absolutely agree with this, Magaly, and with the saucy humour. I hope he writes more of Oliver's wickedly funny adventures; the man is now my favorite anti-hero. This character has legs (pretty good legs, from where I'm standing) and could run and run. Oh, and I love the cover. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure he has fantastic legs, too. One needs strong, sexy legs to be able to carry a gun that big with grace, you know?

      And yes, the cover is perfect for the story. I bet the artist who created it is a genius. And very sexy, too. *cough*

      Delete
  2. You made it interesting! Seems he could be on my reading list, when I am done with HP 6...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see how you like it.

      Enjoy the adventures of "the boy who lived." ;-)

      Delete
  3. OH, I have to read this one! I love funny interesting men, especially hit men. Thanks for the new must read for my ever dwindling list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect you'll like Oliver and totally love Tabitha--she is our kind of riot. ;-D

      Delete
  4. This is just the best review, Magaly. Thank you so much for the kind words. I didn't even know I was writing societal anecdotes! I thought I was just writing my best Mary Sue ever *grin*. I'm just beaming with undeserved happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing undeserved here.

      Mary Sue? She was not even invited.

      Delete
  5. Great review Magaly ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy when the story is sooo delicious. ;-D

      Delete