Sweet William Pinks Creation Story

When things get tough, tougher, toughest… I remind myself that I’m surrounded by people made of pure awesome; and I write something that makes me grin like a loon.

* * *
After Adam named the animals of Eden, he moved on to the blooming jungle that adorned the garden. He named the rose bushes and lily patches. And he saw that this was good.

He walked a few steps away from the lilies and stood in front of a bunch of delicate white flowers. He was opening his mouth to name them, when the voice of the Goddess whispered in his head, Sweet Williams.

Adam looked around, searching for Eve. She liked playing games. Eve was nowhere to be found. He cleared his throat to resume the naming task. “I name you R—”

Sweet Williams, the Goddess repeated the whisper, a little louder this time.

Adam scrunched up his face and stomped a bare foot on the soft soil. “Mom!” he whined, “Dad said I could name all the flowers.”

“Sure, sweetling, name them.” The voice of the Goddess came out of the flowers, the leaves, out of a nearby brook… “I know. Your Dad talks a lot. Now go ahead. Name the pretty flowers, if it makes you happy. They are called Sweet Williams. Go.”

Adam was about to cry. It would never matter how many centuries he lived, his mother would always remind him that he wasn’t as big as he thought. But he wasn’t giving up that easily. “They don’t look all that sweet,” he said. “And who’s this William anyway?”

The Goddess rumbled a giggle—she knew what William was going to look like as a grown man, with big piano playing hands and awesome legs. The picture that formed in her mind touched the center of the flowers, flushing each bloom a coquettish shade of fuchsia.

The blushing flowers made Adam cross his arms and pout. He adored his mother, but he didn’t like anyone taking over his duties. “I name you Sweet William Pinks,” he said really fast.

The Goddess blew a breezy kiss on Adam’s cheek, and said, “Yes sweetling. Great job.”
* * *

Yep, my Luvs, that is exactly how the Sweet William Pinks Creation Story went. The Goddess planned it all, way before our galaxy heard the Big Bang and got all theological and stuff.

She’s naturally thoughtful like that, the Goddess… and she wanted to make sure that my Piano Man’s mother would have the perfect present to give me for my 37th birthday: a plantable seed card full of Sweet William Pinks, Hollyhock, Tall Evening Primrose, Wild Double-flowered Baby’s Breath, Sweet Alyssum, Goldfields, Forget-me-nots, Scarlet Flax, Baby Blue Eyes and other super-sweet non-flowery goodies.

The arrival of my Piano Man’s mother’s perfect gift was preceded and followed by several gestures from Wicked Darlings who are also made of pure Awesome:

Athame and Purse Clip, from Eliora
The moment I saw this beauty, I knew Eliora had created the center of my Summer Solstice altar. I can’t wait to discuss the charms, the colors and their meanings.

“Charming Prince of the Night” and “Someday Your Prince Will Come”, from Stacy
You know how much I love frogs, right? Just imagine my grin when I saw a couple of princely frogs bearing gifts. Lee Pierce does great work, and Stacy knows me so well!

The Painted Girls, a Bookmark, a Candle and a Bracelet, from Debi
Debi’s review of The Painted Girls made me add the story to my to-be-read mountain. I was all cackles and happy giggles when she sent the book my way as part of her Paying It Forward bit to me. And the tale didn’t come alone, did you see my bookmark? And the dark and beautiful card, which will also become a bookmark (Hm… I wonder if anyone else does that with cards). My lovely blade (see above) was accompanied by an owl candle with yummy bling. Crafted by Eliora, but dreamed and gifted to me (for my birthday) by the goddess of Puddleduck Grange.

“She Forgot a Napkin Again,” from Cameron
I had my eye on the painting below for the longest time. It was going to be one of my birthday gifts to myself. But before I stopped by Paint Myself Pretty to order it, Cameron sent it to me… with other pretties that promise all kinds of fun.

Skull Skirt and Necklace (for AlmaMia!), from Rhissanna
AlmaMia Cienfuegos is walking around with a grin that doesn’t quite fit on her face. Every 13 seconds or so, she asks me, “Is it Cinco de Mayo yet?” You see, she got this wonderful skirt and necklace from Rhissanna. And she can’t wait to wear it to a party.

Sparklies, Bookmarks, a Frog and All Kinds of Yum, from Oma Linda
Oma Linda is psychic—or has my house bugged. About seven weeks ago, I got a perfect blue dress. I wanted new earrings to go with it. I’ve searched around, but hadn’t found anything I particularly liked. Then, BANG! Oma sent me the perfect pair *hehehe, yes, that made me giggle*. She also sent me all kinds of goodies to sparkle up my spring, plus my Hues of Oz winnings.

Yep, indeed, totally surrounded by people made of pure awesome.
Thanks a bunch, my Wicked Luvs, you make grinning such an easy treat.
What do you do to bring your sad Self out of the dumps?

P.S. Wish me luck. I have an unsavory appointment after the sun comes up. Light and patience.

39 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully sweet (see what I did there?) creation myth and what a wonderful haul of goodies for your birthday! I'm so glad AlmaMia's flouncy skirt fits and please tell her, she's very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally saw what did there. I even saw you wiggling your eyebrows. ;-D

      I'm not sure if I can tell AlmaMia anything that might get her into celebration mood. Not until El Cinco de Mayo. I don't want to have to tie her up or something just as drastic.

      Delete
    2. The unsavoury appointment has been served and eaten, I take it. Was it ok? Are you ok?

      Delete
    3. It was. And I'm all giggles about it.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday my love! These are all wonderful! Especially the athame! I loved the story so much!
    By the way, i can only imagine what is going to be like if someone with your mind starts dream work! Lets just say it is going to get interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorelei is an athame goddess, isn't she? So very pretty. I can't stop staring at it. Glad you loved the story. If was fun to write, too.

      I was thinking the same thing about dream work. Let's see what happens. I will take it slow. I will let you know...

      Delete
  3. I read your blog of course pfft! silly question :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You silly woman of my silly heart!

      Delete
  4. I love the Sweet William Pinks story...it's perfect!

    You've received so many lovely treasures and keepsakes and clearly deserve them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was all giggles as I wrote it. Everyone should do something (or someone *cough*) that makes them giggle like that.

      I LOVE my treasures!

      Delete
  5. Such lovely gifts! And the story was cute too. I too am sending you guys something this weekend, so have a look out :)

    I've been meaning to ask you; Do you have an actual garden? I have had the idea that you only have a balcony, but it seems I'm wrong.

    I'm sorry this is such a hard time for you. I can't actually pull myself out of sadness but I can try to soothe myself, and for me that usually entails Buffy, horror games, chocolate and red wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7th floor apartment; our garden is totally potted. No yard *pouts*.

      Your soothing and my soothing are very similar at times. I watched a lot of Buffy and Angel... not chocolate or wine this time around. Damn tooth.

      Delete
  6. What a haul of love you received! Nice, nice gifties - especially the hands and legs of your Piano Man (you know they were made as a gift, just for you)

    The Goddess and God are surely the greatest StoryTellers of all time, with us, their characters in an wpic masterpiece. I rather like thinking I am alive in the imagination of a Divine StoryTeller.

    As to soothing my downers - I try to stay produuctive. Even depressed energy has something to say, creatively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Productivity is a great antidote against sadness, anger and all the uglies. My Piano Man's legs, too!

      A Divine StoryTeller... I like that. A lot.

      Delete
  7. Lovely lovely gifts!!! Absolutely all about you and for you Magaly. How can you be sad when yea people remember you?:) I am so happy for you!
    Wishing you as little painful procedure as possible! Be strong girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadness dissipates to almost nothing when shared. And yes, everything is sooo me!

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful haul of gifts! Get through that unsavoury appointment by thinking of how much you are loved by one and all.

    "Your Dad talks a lot." Hahahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The appointment went great!

      And that line made me laugh, too. Hehehe.

      Delete
  9. love, love, love the Sweet Williams story. I'll never look at my patch of them in the garden in the same way.
    My dearest one......you most certainly deserve every one of the pieces of wonderfulness you received and much more.
    Have you in my thoughts as you go to that necessary but not looked forward to appointment. xoxo Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a horrible person. Now all I can think is, "I'll never look at my patch... in the same way." Yep, horrible; totally horrible, lol!

      I have a tiny red shoes sparkling over everything. I'm all happiness!

      Delete
  10. Now that is a lot of swag. I assume your inner Pirate is yelling "Arrr", yes? A Happy Name-Day in belated font to you. And a gift of prose for the rest of us. A good read; which is always the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My inner Pirate just nodded and her silver tooth (she doesn't care for gold) glinted in the light.

      Delete
  11. What a fantastic collection of goodies - just what a Witchy writer needs to bring a smile to her heart :D. I love, love, love them all but especially you're gifts from Debi - my love of owls is akin to yours of frogs!! and yes, I use cards as bookmarks too! I mean it's an obvious thing to do, right?! :P

    Here's hoping the sun is going down on not too unsavoury an appointment and a whole lot of relief from the pain that caused the visit in the first place x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for people who put cards to good use. That way you don't see them only once, but you get to smile every time you open the book.

      The appointment went great!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Well, gracias. *wink, wink, wink*

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure it's an eye condition.

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday, dear Magaly. Your unsavory business must be over by now. Very glad to know that - and I must tell you the creation myth was wonderful! Nice prezzies too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francie. The appointment went well. And it wasn't unsavory at all. I was totally surprised.

      You know what? I think one of these days, we should have a creation myth party. I think that would be grand...

      Delete
    2. Yes! Yes! Creation Myth Party!

      Delete
    3. I know, right? I wonder what yums everybody would bring. And I'm dying to read/see/create/watch the scientific approach to the party: scientific creativity at work!

      Delete
  14. Wonderful story and what wonderful gifts! I must admit I am lusting over your Athame!

    Hope your unsavory appt went okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so very happy to know I'm not the only one lusting around here *grin*.

      The appointment went purrrfect!

      Delete
  15. Sweet William... Perfect William.... Piano Playing William, what a darling story, it made me feel the love, your appreciation of the Williams in your life :) oh and those delightful prezzies showered on you, each and everyone confirmation of how much you are appreciated and loved by so many, I could almost hear your squeals of delight over here in Oz :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea that the joy spread all the way to Oz! Now I'm happy, happy, happy!

      Delete
  16. Love this creation story! This is exactly how I've always pictured Adam. What lovely goodies you got. Lucky girl. Can't wait to see all your growing things soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has always imagined Adam as a mildly annoyed gardener who sometimes got angry because he was expected to do everything, but not given any real initiative or imagination, lol!

      I'm surrounded by people who make me very lucky. Oh, I think my garden just grinned at you. ;-D

      Delete
  17. Magaly, I am sorry I'm late coming around! I have read your appointment went well ;o) That's excellent ;o)
    I love your story ;o) You made me smile ;o) And, I Love all your treats you got ;o) Doing my happy dance for you ;o)
    What do I do to get my sad self out of the dumps? Well today, I actually went outside and said hi to my red squirrel ;o) I give him sunflower seeds and he sits and eats ;o) I could stick out my hand and pet him. That's how close he is to me. He made me feel good inside ;o)
    Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animals and plants have such a healing power. I hope the red squirrel sent you back inside full of energy and relief, my Stacy. ♥

      Delete