Of Blair and Morning Glories

“Promise you’ll always love me, Alex. I promise to always make you smile.”

“I’ll always love you, Blair. I promise.”

She hugged him. Her breath felt warm against his chest. He breathed in the green scent of the morning glories she had picked from his garden to put in her hair.

Whoever said that April was the cruelest month had to be completely mad, he thought.

Blair looked up. Her huge blue eyes were full of something bright and happy.

“Kiss me,” she said.

Alex stiffened. He stared at Blair’s lips, at the mouth he had wanted ever since he met her more than five years ago.

“Are you sure?” he said.

“Im sure. I want to let you take care of me like I know you want. I want to make you smile. Kiss me, Alex,” she said, her voice full of everything he had ever wanted.

Alex pulled her closer and lowered his mouth to hers.

Blair licked his lower lip, and whispered, “April Fools’ Day.”

He continued kissing her. His fingers caressing her neck, and then squeezing tighter and tighter and tighter…


Thirteen years later, Alex still kept his promise. Blair had remained true to her words, too. He always smiled at the sight of the morning glories she helped bloom from under his flower bed.  

Old Bed Planter

20 comments:

  1. So romantic and flowery!
    Happy (foolish?) April Fool!
    I would love to have such a bed, who are those people inventing such wonderful things?!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me, "romance" and "flowery" are my middle names, lol!

      I have no idea who this inventive people are, but I want to adopt them!!!

      Delete
  2. Now that's just sweet. *applaud* And it rather gives new meaning to "flower bed" now doesn't it. Well writ, Magaly. Well writ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see, my dearest Narrator, that is the reason I like you: you can recognize sweetness at first look.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful picture and story.

    I started writing a short story for your upcoming challenge yesterday actually. A magical dystopian future piece. I got 3 pages in and then my computer died. The story couldn't be recovered :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sad about the story! Not fair. ;-(

      Delete
  4. truly a special arrangement....for flowers. I love the way you crafted this piece. Lovely!!!! Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I love your enthusiasm, m'dear. Oh yeah, I do.

      Delete
  6. Yeah, well, sucked in big time, great little tale, one may say... 'wicked' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say "wicked" anytime you choose. It would most likely be true.

      Delete
  7. Love, love, love this post ;o) Love this bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want this bed. And the flowers...

      Delete
  8. Aww, I love it, and the image you chose to accompany it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that flower bed glorious? I sooo want it...

      Delete