How to Center Your Blog Title and Link Bar on Blogger

Since I centered the Link Bar and Title for my Fiction Site, I have received emails from Wicked Darlings asking how to do it. I figured it would be sensible and mildly lazy to write a short tutorial. That way, I can forward a link to anyone else interested. 

Centering the Blog Title is super easy:
- Go to your Layout
- Select your Header
- Replace your Blog Title with <center>Your Blog Title Here</center>
- Then hit Save. Here is what my title looks like while on editing mode:

The centering of the Link Bar or Link List is just as simple:
- Go to your Template Designer
- Select Advance
- Then select Add CSS, and paste the following code in the box (If you have something there, just leave a space in between like I did; click the image to make it bigger):
.LinkList {text-align:center !important;}
.LinkList li {display:inline !important; float:none !important;}

         - Hit Apply to Blog, and you should get something like this… (with your own stuff *cough*):

* Note: if you use Page Link instead of List Link or List Bar, like I do, you need to replace the word “LinkList” with “PageList”. According to CinSarah, this should render the same centering results.

Write on, my Wicked Luvs! And read; read a lot… Oh, and giggle, which is delicious. ;-)

18 comments:

  1. Aaaawesome, thank you! I've never even thought about centering my blog title, but it looks so much better, indeed...! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiny details (like off-centered bits) tend to get on my nerves. So this made me happy, happy, happy!

      Delete
  2. Thank you! miss Smarty Pants! Excellent directions, I could follow! Did it! Well one! Changed my duck mind on the second direction. Love learning! and breathing! xoxoxDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Few things are as nourishing for the soul as a little random learning. Why do you think I'm always spying on you? *hehehe*

      Delete
  3. Oooh! Thank you! I'll go see if I can do likewise. The off-center title has bothered me since I started blogging. I just assumed it as a glitch in my background. You clever thing, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works for you. There was a lot of trial and error before I figured out something that worked. I'm not very learned in the uncanny arts of almost HTML, lol!

      Delete
  4. He he - I don't like off-centre bits on my blog either.

    I hope you're having a lovely day so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets a bit annoying after a while, doesn't it? Okay, it gets annoying right away. Yay! for fixing wee problems. ;-D

      Delete
  5. Thank you SOOOOOO much? My Blog title has been crooked since the first day- and not in a good way. I'm doing this NOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that I just saw your avatar dance... a bit crookedly, but it danced. :-D

      Delete
  6. I am going to do it right now! I am self-centered you see :)
    Thanks for a tip Magaly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self-Centrism is a great trait on my book! *hehehe*

      Delete
  7. I think I am centered? I don't know! LOL! I want to know, how you make your pictures bigger? Like when you put them on the side bar or in a post? I noticed once you used one of mine, and it was bigger on your blog, than mine. Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy--making the picture bigger. All you have to do is rest your mouse pointer on the picture and select the bigger size. I will send you a picture of what it looks like.

      Delete
  8. Since, I have a picture, I can't do this. But, then again, I am not computer witch ;o) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Girl, thank you ;o) Will try your e-mail, hopefully tomorrow ;o) My computer has been acting up today! Can't use google or firefox, so I am on internet explore, for as long as it lasts!
    Big hugs Computer Witch ;o) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete