She Crafted a Heart-Full “Thank You” Just for You

The morning before Saint Patrick’s Day, I found the Little Princess and my Piano Man in front of a table full of LEGO pieces.

Before I could ask what was going on, the Little Princess said, “Look! We are making a thank you sign for the people who donated money. It was my idea to make it like this. With a heart, see?” She pointed at a pretty red heart. “And the ‘Y’ has a heart in it, too.”

“Extremely impressive,” I said.

“I fixed the LEGO calendar,” my Piano Man said. “All by myself!”

I grinned, and said, “I’m very impressed by both of you.”

The Little Princess gave my Piano Man one of her fiercest how-dare-you-steal-my-thunder looks. “My idea is more impressive,” she said to him. And then looked at me. “Isn’t it?”

“Certainly.” I grinned wider and nodded so hard that the gesture probably looked more like bow. “I’ve never been this impressed, really; never before.”

My Piano Man was trying really hard to keep the Little Princess from seeing him laughing at her indignation, but he was wasting his energy. For she was so full of creative pride that the glow of her joy didn’t allow her to acknowledge anything other than her own happiness… as it should be when a child is eight-years-old, and completely sure of her place in the order of things.

Thank You, from the Heroine!

Here is her Heroic Highness showing her “wicked leprechaun smile.”

And of course, the girl-child keeping Daddy’s foot from getting photographed…
…nope, never a dull moment in the Witch, Piano Man and Little Princess kingdom.

24 comments:

  1. Your Little Princess is so adorable...except when she is smiling her "wicked leprechaun" smile. Scared the you-know-what outta me! All kidding aside, you have a wonderful, amazing, kind-hearted Little Princess.

    Blessings to the Witch, the Piano Man and the Little Princess,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. That wicked leprechaun smile makes even the bravest of being tremble. ;-D

      Delete
  2. Little Princess's is a creative young lady :) Well done - such a brilliant idea!
    I am sorry I got onto that post too late... My MIL has a hol ein her heart, but when she was a kid they couldn't diagnose it and didn't fix till date....

    More such Little Princesses for our world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has "an enormous brain" (her words, not mine).
      I'm glad you MIL got help even if later in life. How scary!

      Delete
  3. Love the colorful room. What an amazing Little Princess! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wild rainbow in there!

      Delete
  4. HTH did I miss that post?!! The things kids say is heartwarming for sure... They';re wise beyond their years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger goblins!
      She is a bright one indeed. And she knows it! Which is rather dangerous, lol.

      Delete
  5. She is phenomenal and why shouldn't she be?????????? She has excellent role models in you and Piano Man. I know you are very proud of her, with good reason. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she shares that enormous head, um... brain with her Daddy. *hehehe*

      Delete
  6. Oh she is just tooo adorable :D...and extremely artistic...beautiful thank you note :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sign is now displayed in her room. Hm, I might take some really good pictures and make them our thank you notes!

      Delete
  7. She's very welcome! And that is a wonderful design and a perfect thank-you. Oh, and love the wicked leprechaun smile. Wonder if I could capture that on a doll.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gods! Just imagine, a Wicked Little Leprechaun Princess dolls. The power!

      Delete
  8. That's adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will tell her that. She will giggle and make a fake adorable face, lol!

      Delete
  9. "“My idea is more impressive,” she said to him. And then looked at me. “Isn’t it?”"

    Oh my! So funny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a bit competitive. *cough*

      Delete
  10. That is the sweetest most impressive and creative Thank You I EVER have seen!!!! Made my day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall forward the information. And her head shall grow, and grow, and grow... as it should. ;-D

      Delete
  11. Ha ha - I love the wicked Leprechaun smile :)

    What a lovely gesture and a creative way to show gratitude.

    Ah, such a wonderful age and many perfect memories to cherish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a bit of genius. Just ask her. She'll tell you all about it. ;-)

      Delete
  12. I love her bedroom! I want a room like that! It's so special, the way your Princess said thank you to us ;o) She is too cute ;o) Very wicked Leprechaun smile ;o) Big hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember the baby crow you sent her? Well, the pink goes perfect with her colors. ;-D

      Delete