New Spring Traditions in Bloom

First, an Announcement: Thorn in Red is free for Kindle, today, March 20th.

Back from getting your copy? Sweet! Enjoy the story and spread the word, my Wicked Luvs… perhaps write a review. *coughs over and over while pretending to be terribly ashamed*

I borrowed the idea for today’s post from Ms Misantropia, who borrowed it from a blogger friend over at Gypsy Spirit Rising. It’s a list of some of the things I want to do in April, many of which will carry over through spring, summer and the rest of the year:

Changing – running for dancing
Cooking – steel cut oats, coconut rice, curry goat, broiled tilapia, veggies galore…
Drinking – French vanilla coffee and water
Enjoying – the nice spring weather
Feeling – like eating mango, guava, dulce de leche ice cream and Dominican cake
Following – the wicked wild beat of my witchy drum
Hoping – I won’t resent having to dance as my main aerobic exercise
Knowing – that I will always love me
Liking – secret storytelling project with four super talented friends
Looking – hot and as full of myself as any respectable witchy Aries should
Loving – all of my Piano Man’s bits… um, this is actually an addiction
Making – recycled coffee filter picture frames and bookmarks
Marveling – in the wonders of new and old friendships
Needing – a ridiculous huge slice of Dominican cake… okay, maybe I just want it
Playing – Gloria Trevi, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Aventura, Laura Powers, Florence + The Machine, Monchy & Alexandra, Johnny Cash, ManĂ¡, Amanda Palmer, Estopa, Serena Ryder, Natalie Imbruglia, Cake, Ricardo Arjona, Wreckless Eric, Buckcherry, Juanes…
Reading – the Tiffany Aching Series, Hollow City, Zealot, journals, blog posts…
Seeing – tomorrow smiling at me; telling me, “It’s all good, witchy woman.”
Sewing – a summer dress for Miss Faerie Godmummy
Thinking – about wedding preparations
Waiting – for delicious summer heat and sundresses
Wanting – Dominican Cake
Wasting – time being annoyed about unchangeable things and people
WatchingLaw & Order: Criminal Intent and the Harry Potter Series
Wearing – my Piano Man’s t-shirts (they smell yummy *hehehe*)
Wishing – for Dominican cake
Wondering – how not being able to run will affect me physically and emotionally
WritingAlmaMia Cienfuegos novel, short stories, secret project, blog posts…

That felt really nice; kind of soothing and fun. I think I’m going to like making this sort of list every Spring Equinox. Yep, I’m adding it to my yearly tradition of waiting for the sun and rearranging my altar. How do you celebrate the coming of spring, my Wicked Luvs?
May your Spring Equinox be blessed with ever-flourishing bliss!

Do fly over to Amazon to grab your copy of Thorn in Red.

33 comments:

  1. Welcoming Spring by sinus drainage. Also, needing more coffee. As you have a lovely recipe for Dominican Cake, why aren't you baking one? ;) Will you be picking up belly dancing for a workout, or is it too hard on your hip joints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the sinus issues say goodbye soon, and that you can get some more coffee. I can't bake a whole cake in my house. I have no self-control. Seriously, I would eat the whole thing and make myself sick. But no worries, I shall go to the bakery in a few days, and get a slice the size of my head. I'll eat if for my birthday.

      I can do some modified belly dancing moves. I'm excited about practicing and learning something new!

      Delete
    2. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XGIRLwcw4o

      Delete
    3. Oh my! I don't have a sword, but I have KA-Bars, giant railroad spikes, many hammers... and let's not forget, a broomstick. We might be in business!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for letting us know about Thorn In Red! I'm gonna read this tonight after the house quiets for the day. Your list is wonderful and maybe more people (like me) should do this very thing as well. Ostara Blessings my Love! have a perfectly beautiful day!!! ,3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the reading, Vickie! I shall lurk around your blog and see what's new. I like the listing bit, if you do it, let me know.

      Spring Blessings, right back at you!

      Delete
  3. Soothing is a good word for it, that's what I felt writing the list too.
    I have borrowed my mom's tablet and I'm planning on reading AlmaMia on the plane. Maybe I'll even start on the review too, since I will have 11 hours to kill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just shrieked a bit. I'm very happy you get to see your Cinnamon man, soon. I bet you are extra-exited, and perhaps a bit anxious. But it will be great. Another memory to take back home with you, to cuddle with until he comes home for good.

      Enjoy AlmaMia!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the gentle reminder to read what I Already Have! I sense growin young Miss! Hate change do we? Dancing is better for you! and safer! Unless you dance with a stranger!
    Love your figurines! Adorable Spring Art and need to see your recycled creations!!
    More adventures for ALMAMIA! and change by example, those who care are watching!
    Well back to starring into my candle! Nothing blooming here! xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "change by example, those who care are watching!" Those are wonderful words, my beloved Prudence. ♥

      Delete
    2. I've read more lately , so that must have been prided! loose from the vault of unused brilliance!
      I'm sure it's not from me! lol

      Delete
  5. Hey aren't you the rebel rouser???? Yes, I copied and borrowed and played....I too feel somehow mellower after writing down the list.
    I love your altar. Spring is certainly smiling at what you have brought to share.
    Once again thanks for the push. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see you list. I want to see what you're cooking. ;-D

      Delete
  6. That's an awful lot for one month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it would be nuts to try to accomplish all of it in one month. But all of them will start happening (even if not ending) in April.

      Delete
  7. yes, I also saw the list on Ms Misantropia's blog :) I think it is really a good idea! Can I borrow too? :)
    Hey, you've CAKE even among the songs! You shall have it finally then, Magaly! :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By all means. The more the merrier, right? By the time we are done with it, the list shall include a chain of links. ;-)

      Delete
    2. And yes, Cake seems to be my thing right now! lol

      Delete
  8. What a fabulous list and full of such good things! As for exchanging running for dancing, I've always thought you were a dancer, moving to a heartbeat. That probably doesn't help you feel good about the changeover, I've known runners for whom that endorphic high is everything and I'm truly sorry you've had to put it away and find something new. But if we never look for anything new, that is the point where we start to grow old. I hope you find something good in the dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, dancing is my favorite pastime after reading. I'm just bullheaded and I hate anyone telling me that I must do something. I like choices. So when I don't get to, I stomp my foot a bit. Then I see reality and live on, lol!

      Delete
  9. OK...what is Dominican cake and where do I get a recipe? :d XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woman! I included a link to the recipe. Here it is again, just because I like you... and because I wanted to drool over it again *grins*: http://www.dominicancooking.com/1001-bizcocho-dominicano-dominican-cake.html

      Delete
  10. I love this list...so full of life and flirtation, bursting with gratitude and positivity...and the need for your man's bits and Dominican Cake...yep, Godd Stuff, indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My needs are very basic to my nature, as you can see. *hehehe*

      Delete
  11. I love this list! I am going to borrow it too! Great idea! I think you need some Dominican cake! LOL! Happy Spring my friend ;o) I just rearranged my altar too ;o) I dance everyday, so I know, you will do great ;o) Johnny Cash! Cool! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you make Dominican cake, let me know. It is sooo delicious. I try my best not to make, I always buy just a slice at the time--I have no self-control when it comes to that treat. *sigh*

      Johnny Cash rules!

      Delete
  12. Great List, tickles all the senses in a nourishing way, it is warm here but heading into Autumn, still I think our Autumn may be warmer than the Spring in some far flung lands (or summer in Scotland LOL)! Oh Thorn in Red free today :) don't have a Kindle but everyday there seems to be a new reason to want one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always use the Kindle Application for your iPad. *cough, cough, cough*

      Delete
  13. Since I have kindle for PC, I thought I'd grab your book, but when I went to the link, it was not free. I will try again when I get back from work. If anything, for a friend, I am sure I can spare a buck to give it a read/review...

    As for your list, thank you for the inspiration. I needed an excuse to write in my own blog, and filling out lists is a good way to do that. [Sunfire's Spring List] I would rather dance than run any day, so I hope you can enjoy it.

    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for telling me, Sunfire! How terribly embarrassing. It seems my KDP benefits cycled and my available free days start again tomorrow. *sigh*

      Delete
    2. Hooray! I'm off to read your list. ;-)

      Delete
  14. I SO need to do this list!

    As for Thorn in Red, my kindle broke at Christmas and I don't have an IPad, Smart phone, Laptop or even a decent PC (it's very old and running Linux!!!lol!!!). So, I am hoping to start saving for a new one *sighs* *dreams*...............Am glad to hear you are embracing (however modified) belly dancing :D. A slice of Dominican cake and French Vanilla Latte as a reward m'dear! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would die a bit if I didn't have my Mr. Konka (my Kindle). With my terrible eyes, text-to-speech and oudiobooks are a must for me. I hope you get your replacement ereader soon! So much word yum out there. ;-)

      "Dominican cake" and coffee. I think I just drooled.

      Delete