April Is for Tidying the Hearth, the Self and the Cyber-Cottage

Is it just me, or did March only last about 3 minutes? I completed most of the stuff I planned to do this month, but I feel as if I did it while in some kind of half-dreaming state. 

So many changes.

I like routines. I need them… even if just to break them at my convenience. The dancing for exercise instead of running is going rather well, but the change has forced me to rearrange the way I do things. I need more time to try to reach the same results. Getting used to the new bits is keeping me exhausted, but that’s normal. The unfamiliarity of the movements is pushing my body to use muscles it didn’t have to use as often in the past.

On the fiction writing front:
- Rewriting Wishing upon Earth and Bone, an AlmaMia novel
- Just finished drafting a prologue to add to Thorn in Red
- Editing a short story to publish in three parts, for LGBT (reading) Month
- Outlining Uncracking Joy, book two in the Thorn in Red Trilogy
- Polishing a secret project that is due the first week of May

I’m super psyched—and anxious—about rereading Pagan Culture. On May 5th, Pagan Culture will be 5-years-young-and-wicked. I just grinned while I typed those words. I can’t wait to explore (and share) the ways in which my cyber-cottage and I have grown in half a decade.

What else? I’ve been planning Witches in Fiction 2014. Wait until I share this years theme! Don’t worry, my Wicked Luvs, it won’t be long until you know. I’m predicting… mid-July, after my Piano Man and I get married. Yes, somewhere in the middle of this glorious chaos, a part of me is having regular meetings with a part of my Piano Man, and those bits of us are discussing wedding arrangements. I’m sure they are doing other things, too. *grins, cackles and wild giggles*

What about you, my Wicked Luvs? What is the cruelest month bringing your way?

Miss Avocado overgrew her wee home, and got repotted.
The new digs aren’t all that luxurious,
but I’m sure she appreciates being able to stretch her roots.

And I just had to show you this bit of gardening wisdom by Magic Love Crow

21 comments:

  1. April... In my native place it frqeutnly means nothing... because there can be snow and frost even in this month! In India is already TOO HOT for me, so it is summer here, without transition period. So my head goes quite crazy over these differences.

    I love your little garden in which you can apply your gardening skulls or sorry *skills :) Lol
    have a wonderful week ahead dear Magaly! Enjoy all the moments with your Piano Man :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the Dominican Republic, we don't have separate seasons. We have continues summer (with a bit of fall and spring here and there). I miss that so much. I do like the winter in the US (for about three weeks, lol!).

      Delete
    2. Yea, it is quite like Indian seasons! Winter can be annoying I know. My parents already long to come into spring and start their dacha season there :)

      Delete
  2. Goodness me! I'm exhausted (yet very inspired) just reading all your plans. So you and your bloggy share a birthday?!

    Adore Magic Love Crow's bit of gardening wisdom! Sooooo my cup of tea! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually started blogging as a present to myself... a month after my 32nd birthday. So yes.

      And that sign from Stacy, I must commission something similar (but a bit smaller).

      Delete
  3. Your new garden sign would come in very handy for me, the Petulance of March which I have blogged about year after year!
    All I trust myself to say....is beware of calm, I have never trusted it and each MARCH...some unresolved BS always rears it's soon to be severed head!
    Love your Art Magic Love Crow!
    Off to clean and through things OUT! Thanks for the inspiration to get Cleaning! xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was my garden sign, but nope. It's Stacy's. Isn't her work the best? I think I will get a small one for my potted garden. I must think of how to plagiarize her words, hehehehe!

      Delete
  4. I love your window garden, so full of life and care, very hearthy.

    I know I've asked you before, but what date are you guys getting married? I want to get something to you in good time :)

    I have found a few books that I want to read for LGBTQ month, I just hope I can get my hands on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wee garden makes me smile quite a bit....

      My Piano Man and I are getting married at the end of June.

      I can't wait to see your list for LGBT Month!

      Delete
  5. I definitely need your garden sign!

    March went by way too quickly and I have found myself rushing to finish up projects that are due.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you guys keep on saying that it's my garden sign, I might believe it. It's Stacy. I guess need to get my own from her, soon. I hope she's not too busy!

      I'm glad to see I'm not the only looking for March. I have some things that carried over to April, too. Hope we both get them done, soon.

      Delete
  6. I, also, feel the urge to clean, rearrange, tidy up loose ends.....def. time for more coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I simply must love April. It does bring my beloved Lilacs to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilacs, huh? I don't have any of those. But I do have other things breeding in the soil... Muahahaha!

      Delete
  8. LOL! You make me laugh, showing my gardening sign! Too funny! Wait till it's outside! Then it will look really cool! All your plants look so happy! Well done! March went by too fast for me! It was like a blink and it was gone! I hope the rest of the months slowwwwwww down ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm suffering of severe sign jealousy. I shall email you with an order for a smaller sign for my potted garden. I can't wait to see your sign outside. I bet the squirrels will have a party. ;-D

      Delete
    2. I will put some peanuts on the chair for them ;o) LOL! A smaller sign would be cute! You have my mind thinking now!

      Delete
    3. I better send you that email soon, then!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Stacy's work (Magic Love Crow) is fantastic! I've been in love with it for quite some time now.

      Delete