I’m Not Ashamed to Say that I Have a Thing for Huge Pickles

Go ahead, grin, you know you want to…

Three years ago, I gave up drinking coffee in order to show some solidarity towards a friend who needed to quit smoking. The bastard was smoking in secret while I lusted after coffee…

In 2012 a small group of writer friends said they wanted to push themselves to publish a short story on Kindle. I wasn’t quite ready to publish. But if they could do it, so could I. AlmaMia Cienfuegos was published. I was the only writer out of the group who went all the way…

Recently, a good friend asked me for help bringing an existing clothing business to social media—a Facebook Page and Instagram or Pinterest. I didn’t have any of these services, but I knew the assistance was truly needed. I wanted to help. I believe in learning by doing. So I created Dark Writings by Magaly Guerrero (Facebook Page), and Dark Writings (Pinterest).

I spent a few days trying to figure out a way to use both services without too much duplication. I decided to go down memory lane—links and quotes to older posts on the Facebook Page and new images on Pinterest. This has also given me an incentive to do the post retagging (which I’ve been postponing for the last two years *cough*).

I’m not sure if the experiences described in the first few paragraphs have made me suspicious or what, but something tells me that this might be a repeat. I’m not discouraged though. I’m glad I was given a reason to publish AlmaMia Cienfuegos much earlier than I had planned. And I’m already excited about getting the chance to resurrect old posts. Seriously, my Wicked Luvs, how often do people comment on your old posts? In my case, the answer is: seldom… unless something happens and I remember to share an old link.  

In case you are wondering if I forgave the aforementioned bastard for whom I spent weeks without drinking coffee, the answer is: hell no! He still refuses to look me in the eye—probably afraid I will melt him where he stands—for hell hath no fury like a witchy woman kept from her coffee for no reason.

Oh, I would be delighted if you joined me (no witchy girl should jump into a huge pickle alone ;-)
- Dark Writings by Magaly Guerrero (Facebook Page)
- Dark Writings (Pinterest)

Edited on March 9th, 2014 – the FB Page and Pinterest account; read “Learning from What Others Have Done and Taking One’s Own Advice” for details.

39 comments:

  1. I would check them out except I'm a non-believer when it comes to Facebook and they have a thing where if you don't have an account, then you can't look. I'm Leary of looking at Pinterest because I might never make it out. I have enough problems with Blogger as far as addictions go. Anyway, I know what you mean about being the only one to follow through on an agreement with others. People are funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rubye, you've made laugh so very loud. I will probably spend the morning giggling, thinking of people walking like zombies in Pinterest and the Facebook gatekeepers.

      And about people being "funny..." *sigh* it's so freaking annoying.

      Delete
  2. Liked your FB, following your Pinterest... keeping fingers crossed. <3

    -your Artful White Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossed indeed. Thank you for following. I shall try to keep things from sinking into the dooms of boredom. ;-D

      Delete
  3. If anyone kept me from my coffee... let's just say, Armageddon sounds like a good idea, in comparison. ^^

    (Yes, I did go decaf for a year, since I mostly like the taste and not necessarily the effect. I would never go completely without...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what a huge sacrifice this was for me. I can almost feel the shaking rage that took over me when I found out B was still smoking, I almost strangled him!

      Delete
  4. You gave up coffee?? That is not possible... at least for me. If I don't have coffee, things start flying around with no intended target. I've like your page, you now how 5 groupies. I also follow you on Pinterest, but my addiction there hasn't gotten out of control ... yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a bit over six weeks. I thought I was going to die the first three days. The caffeine headache just lasted a day, but the psychological dependency (I had been drinking coffee since I was a child) it was a nightmare.

      Thanks for following, you are awesome!

      Delete
  5. I am already a Pintrest addict LOL so, of course I'm following on there as well as FB. Magaly never ever let anyone keep you from your coffee again, doesn't this crazy person know you carry a hammer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was nightmarish! No one should go without coffee. Speaking of which... I should create a coffee board on Pinterest, hehehe! Today, I've given me license to fool around the web. ;-D

      Delete
  6. perfect since today on COCW I am going to post Pickle recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pickles in the air, lol!

      Delete
    2. I blame it on Oma Linda. She put pickles in my mind. ;-D

      Delete
  7. Some people simply serve as catalysts for those who go on to achieve. Good luck with the new sites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that. I guess you're right...

      Delete
  8. LOL! You know I'd follow you just about anywhere. If I can't follow you, I'd still be here when you got back. facebook and Pinterest are the better for your presence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a huge grin on my face, thinking of you waiting at the finish line of some raise with coffee and cookies. Nope, I have no idea where that image came from, lol!

      Delete
  9. Yet another place to stalk one of my favorite people. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now let's hope I don't bore you out of your wits!

      Delete
  10. Following all with pleasure!

    No one should go without coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm following you right back.

      And you are so right about the coffee. I swear I was practically feral the first few days.

      Delete
  11. I remember that "enterprise" of yours to quit coffee to help your friend quit smoking... not fair. Moreover, compared to smoking coffee is just so innocent!

    I had the same thought few months ago - to create an event and let people read our old posts otherwise no one ever visits them (including me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. Caffeine dependency is a joke when compared to giving up caffeine. So I guess I wont have to beat him senseless. ;-D

      Yay! for joining in... Hm, maybe we should make it into a party...

      Delete
  12. I've only just started drinking coffee and I'm almost forty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are a very good friend... I couldn't give up coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might never do it again, lol!

      Delete
  14. Following both. Don't care how good a friend, I'm not giving up coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only good thing about giving up coffee was that the first cup, after abstinence, was orgasmic!

      Delete
  15. Oh, I remember that coffee sacrifice double crosser! You get him girl. Be a witchy smiter. ;-)

    I love your idea to get people to read old posts. It's like those poor past articles just sit there looked over all the time. I don't have a Facebook account but have happily followed your Pinterest. Love to you sweetie, Mina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those terrible non-caffeinated memories!

      You know, it seems a few of us might be willing to resurrect our posts... I shall plan a bit and then we'll see what happens.

      Delete
  16. I'm not on facebook or pinterest. I don't know how everyone keeps up with all these sites? I wish you all the best my friend ;o)
    I can't believe you gave up coffee! My brother would die, if you asked him to do that! Seriously!
    Don't ask me to give up big pickles! I love huge pickles ;o)
    Wink ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to discovered the intense love for Pinterest. I mean, it is very nice. Like a ginormous photo album... hm, maybe that's the reason I don't have ginormous photo albums, lol!

      I still can't believe I put my delicious coffee aside for a traitor!

      Huge pickles, yes, I've heard. *wicked grin*

      Delete
  17. How dare he keep you from your coffee!!

    I am following your page and Pinterest :)

    I'm dying to read AlmaMia Cienfuegos, but will have to wait until my daughter can bear to part with her Kindle for a few days.

    Enjoy your day tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cheeky of him, isn't it? I'm telling you, my suffering was... well, it was horrid, lol.

      And I'm following you right back.

      I can't wait to see how you like AlmaMia Cienfuegos. ;-)

      Delete
  18. Following on FB & Pinterest. Learning by doing is the only way to go for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Pinterest! I go there every so often, and when I do, hours seem to disappear! It's one of those places where you find things and then those things lead to other things. Forever. Anyway, yeah of course I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, let's hope I don't get lost. I kind of like knowing where I am... most of the time. ;-)

      Delete