I remain a tad scattered after vacation. My writing schedule is a bit of a mess, I have a pile of things in the middle of the bedroom that need to be organized, my altar is wishing for warmer days (I can hear it singing to me… spring, spring, spring), my exercise routine died a horrible death sometime last year, I have a gazillion of appointments with government offices… Way too many things to focus on at the same time, so I’ve been doing a bit of reading in order to find my center *cough, cough, cough*.
Here are a few of the quotes that stayed with me:
1. “He was swimming in a sea of other people’s expectations. Men had drowned in seas like that.” ~New Spring by Robert Jordan
2. “Unless you know the code, it has no meaning.” ~The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
3. “When the heart craved something so forcefully, then reason became nothing but helpless observer.” ~Fearless by Cornelia Funke
4. “I kind of like being a slut. It beats the heck out of being an old lady.” (Grandma Mazur) ~Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich
5. “Listen sharp, think deep, and guard your tongue…” for “Even fools say something worthwhile now and again. ~The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
What have you been up to, my Wicked Luvs? Turned anyone into stone, lately?
Fearless , by Cornelia Funke
is full of dark and memorable images.
borrowed from Mirrorworld