Thorn in Red for Winter, Blooming Howls for Spring and a Bit about an Inky Fox

I’m such a readers’ pleaser… I suspect that I will continue to be one for a very long time. Many of you have expressed the desire to read my Thorn in Red web serial in ebook format. This, of course, delights me to no end. I’ve been doing a lot of silly grinning, my Wicked Luvs. I’ve also been working with Mattalina and Bran; after some serious talk, we decided that December 21, 2013, would be a good date for publication.

Does the idea of Thorn in Red for the Winter Solstice appeal to you? I sure hope so, because you are getting it anyway; the complete web serial plus a new wintry addition *cough, cough*.

Blooming Howls, the collection whose publication date has been usurped by Thorn in Red, will be ready to feed your Kindle in the spring. And there is a feeling in my Muse’s gut that suggests you’ll get something dark, uplifting and delicious near the end of February…

Now, a bit of outrage… *breathe, Magaly, breathe* The other day, while lurking around Lexa Cain’s cyber home, I ran into the YA Lit Reviews From A Librarian blog. Her latest post, “Looking for Beta Readers for a YA Horror MS,” left me half-livid. Inky Fox, the author of the blog, said that she “had some [beta readers] lined up—[she] read and commented on their works, and they were supposed to reciprocate. They are not replying to [her] emails, and it’s been months.”

I don’t really know this lady, but I still wanted to find the writers who stole her time and shake them. I’m disgusted by the idea of people who abuse the kindness of a fellow artist. Everyone is busy. Our time is valuable. We all know that. But if we tell someone ‘read my stuff and I will read yours,’ the least we can do is explain why we aren’t keeping our word.

Inky Fox is still looking for beta readers. If you like YA Horror (and have a bit of time for reading), shoot her an email: courtneyalsop (at) gmail (dot) com. 

Read on, my Wicked Luvs. And I will write. Together, we will delight in yummy words ;-)

borrowed from inkygirl’s comics for writers
it made me giggle like a loon,

so I had to share ;-)

30 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Thorn In Red for Yule!!!! Best gift ever, I'm so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the feeling, my Ash - Lynn, that you would feel that way. I have to admit that I, too, LOVE the idea of our Thorn as an ebook ;-D

      Delete
  2. That poor woman! I'll volunteer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You awesome, awesome birdy you ;-D

      Delete
  3. Well, Solstice is going to be very yummy this year! Thanks, Magaly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it tastes like butterscotch ;-)

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of reading Thorn in Red for Yule especially since.....shhhhhh don't tell, SM got me a Kindle paperwhite for Yule. My very own, not a borrowed one from Shelley which is always in use by Mr. Ry. I get a twofer. A Kindle and your words....I feel like dancing for sure. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lucky, witchy woman, you! Now, we must feed that Kindle. And often :-D

      Delete
  5. Yea! Solstice reading :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Thorn in Red" a wonderful Yule gift. Thank you Magaly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that notion, but I might be biased *hehehe*

      Delete
  7. Can i get to read it online pleaasee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Enchantress, but only the first chapter is available online. But no worries, it will be up for grabs on the 21st... and I'm predicting giveaways ;-D

      Delete
  8. Thorn in Red sounds wonderful for the Winter Solstice. Thank you, Magaly! As for the people who take, but don't give. That's just rude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit sad. I can't stand people taking advantage of each other just because they can. Bastards *growls*

      Delete
  9. What a fabulous Solstice gift! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might have to do a bit of re along ;-)

      Delete
  10. I will be very excited for your story "writer of wrongs!" Multi tasking and keeping us all in the FYI loop...
    This realm is full of annoying peeps! Off with their heads! I say.......now Inky Fox has met you and that is a happy ending! xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "writer of wrongs," I like that. I might have to use that ;-D

      Delete
  11. I love that comic! I can't stop laughing! LOL! Thorn In Red for Winter Solstice ;o) Excellent ;o) I am so sorry for the other girl! I am wishing her all the best, and I do hope some people help her out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed at the comic, too. Poor Death looks so sad and the guy sitting next him looks a bit startled, doesn't he? LOL

      Delete
  12. A funny Funny. Thank you for posting it. And I just downloaded a Kindle thingy for my PC and plan to make Alma Mia my New years Resolution. I'm not sure I can write a review as wonderful as the one you wrote for Mabel Bunt, but I'll certainly give it my best. You're an Inspiration to Self Publishers Magaly, Keep Paddling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, a wicked witchy writer can only blush... and Paddle ;-D

      Delete
  13. Thorn In Red sounds like the perefct winter read :)
    Popping along to Inky Fox.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well that sounds fortuitous! A book on the winter solstice! Very proud of you Magaly!!! I'm vexed about the people who did not live up to their word. I can see one, maybe two falling down a well with no Lassie to save them and thus be unable to fulfill their end of the bargain, but a whole bunch of people!! Hope Santa brings them a lump of coal. I found the cartoon pretty funny Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good novella to to enjoy with some hot chocolate.

      I wonder if people who don't keep their work ever think about the fact that they will probably need help again.

      The comic made me roar, too ;-D

      Delete
  15. I find it so amazing that you are trying to help other fellow writers find beta readers for the books that they have written :D Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is yummier when we help each other out... ;-)

      Delete