The Case of the Missing Gingerbread Campers... and My Pretty Hammered Love

Every year, the Gingerbread Man invites his friends to spend the week after the Winter Solstice camping at his cabin in the woods. 2013 was no different; six of his closest friends showed up for the party. After hours of laughter and good fun, the Gingerbread Man went inside the cabin to see if a few marshmallows wanted to come out and enjoy the fire. When he returned outside, his friends were missing. The Gingerbread Man screamed. “Where are my delicious friends?”
The Hulk, who had attempted to smash the party, looked really confused.
The Gingerbread Man and the Hulk searched everywhere, but found no crumb of the campers.
Then a Snowman pointed at the pond. The Gingerbread Man resumed his screaming.
The Snowman patted the Gingerbread Man on the back, and said, “Be merry my scrumptious gingery fellow. The Shark loves his yummy gifts. He is having the most joyous holiday, ever!”
*baked, designed, decorated and Halloween(ized) by the Witch/Piano Man household*

Speaking of joyous holidays and awesome gestures, my Piano Man, the Little Princess and my Boy seem to be enjoying their pressies nearly as much as the Shark delighted in his gifts. See?
Soon we’ll have Jedi and Vampire educated family members. How fantastic is that!
I shall smell delicious while I read my Gorey’s, explore the world and eat chocolate.
My Piano Man invited me to see The Book of Mormon, and I said, “Yes, yes, yes!”
A guard, from my Boy to my Piano Man. The Little Princess said, “She needs a tutu and a tank top. That’s the most horrible outfit I’ve ever seen!” I roared at the magnitude of her indignation.
I thought these two bits of Hobbit goodness were too precious not to share. 
My Piano Man and I got toys! I might have shrieked when I opened the box. *cough, cough*
And do I even have to tell you how much I like this last gift? 
I probably don’t have to say a thing, but I must: “I LOVE my ‘Pretty Hammered’ socks!”

We are having an amazing Solstice week, my Wicked Luvs.
I wish you and yours to enjoy the same blessings;
times three... Oh heck, times two thousand and thirteen!

24 comments:

  1. Happy Solstice my love to each and every one of you! The Princess is right, she does need a tutu and tank top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most joyous of all Solstices to you, dear Vickie.
      And yes, the Little Princess is usually right. She never fails to tell us so. ;-D

      Delete
  2. Hey, nice haul of fab gifts! And I love your re-imagined gingerbread house -- sharks have been left out of the equation for far too long. Enjoy your holidays of love and warmth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharks need appreciation, too, don't they? And tooth brushes for all those teeth. Hope someone remembers. Warm Solstice wishes, right back at you!

      Delete
  3. Now this is what celebrating is all about. Just look at the happy faces. Love to you and your loves, Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! Killer fish and superheroes who like to smash things. Yay!

      Delete
  4. You all look so happy, you've clearly been having a wondeful time.
    Such perfect gifts too. I'm quite envious of your Goreys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are. I think we have the magic required to make one another smile a lot ;-D
      If you come over, I would certainly share my Goreys with you!

      Delete
  5. Happy, happy Winter Solstice to you! Looks like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you. And yes, it was!

      Delete
  6. Aww... these pics are sooooooo adorable! I spotted the Gashlycrumb Tinies sitting on top of the book pile before I even got to your mention of Mr. Gorey! *squeal* ;D Health and happiness to you and your loved ones, Magaly! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE my Gorey books. Such precious bits. They had me grinning and squealing for a long time after I saw them.

      Health and love for your and yours, too!

      Delete
  7. Happy winter holdiays to you and your precious ones, Magaly! :)
    Love all the gifts you exchanged, the Hobbit books are too good! I am sure you are already attached to yoru socks... :)hehe
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those socks and will have long hours of reading; probably The Hobbit. Hope you and your D are doing wonderful things together. ;-)

      Delete
  8. I think EVERYBODY needs a tutu - especially those in charge :) I can imagine the world instantly becoming a better place; the tutu would soften the hard ones, brighten the ones who take themselves too seriously, and force everyone to constantly have (also) the female half of the population in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A world full of tutus... maybe we need to write that story and see what happens ;-D

      Delete
  9. Reading of presents & remembering your love for your Dad, I wondered....have you ever strongly hinted that one of the best gifts he could give you would be a written journal of all that he remembers from his childhood & growing up? Photos included would also be nice. My late maternal grandmother wrote one. Sod houses, was a tough time to be growing up in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mind reader...

      My Dad and I were just talking about that. I think we'll start this summer. He will tell me the tales, and I will write them down. I am sooo excited just thinking about it!

      Delete
  10. Thank you for sharing your wonderful people and great gingerbread camper story. I have a huge smile on my face! Wishing you and yours all the best of blessings throughout the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live for the spreading of smiles, so you've blessed me and then some! ;-)

      Delete
  11. Fantastic! You brought a big smile to my face ;o) Happy Winter Solstice ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! More smiles. I feel VERY accomplished. ;-D

      Delete
  12. You have a very handsome family there! I squealed audibly at the Star Wars! Love those socks. Solstice week was great. My middle boy, Mouth, came down 900 miles with his friend. They left yesterday. :( We had a great time together and ate far too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, at this very moment, working on their Star Wars present. I just heard, "Dad, have you seen Luke's head?" Never a dull moment.

      I'm glad you got to spend time with your boy. There will be more. And more over-eating, too, probably. I ate too much sweet potato, too. LOL

      Delete