Drowned Sorrow

This post is a tad random. Youve been warned… I’ve been editing (and writing) like a mad woman. I want to take 13 days off—soon!—so I’m working hard to get ahead. While flying around blog-land, I saw the cover of Vanessa Morgan’s Drowned SorrowEerie, isn’t it?
The description of the novel is quite haunting, too:

“Megan Blackwood has just lost her son in an accident. Now she has come to Moonlight Creek with her teenage daughter, Jenna, hoping that a change of scenery might help to put their lives back together. But something odd is happening in Moonlight Creek. When rain falls over the village, its inhabitants commit grisly murders, leaving the village deserted again with the first rays of sunshine. Beneath the lake’s surface, something watches… and waits… Waits to reveal a tragic past drowned in mystery and fear. One that doesn’t bode well for visitors. By the time Megan realizes that her daughter’s life is in danger, it might already be too late.”

So… what have you been up to, my Wicked Luvs? Maybe, reading a little AlmaMia Cienfuegos? *cough, cough* Or, perhaps, you are saving reading-room for the yummy butterscotch goodness of Thorn in Red!*cough, cough* I need to do something about this cough! 

P. S. Any yummy-creepy-special plans for the last Friday 13th of 2013?

23 comments:

  1. I have been burning off stress by, making over my blog and crying.... now I am going to read a little what ever shall I read? cough, cough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the tear gates are now closed...

      Delete
  2. Will be helping baby sis move house...all day mwahahahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving requires large quantities of wine... ;-D

      Delete
  3. We have our office Christmas party on Friday the 13th. Yummy-creepy-special doesn't even begin to cover it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *handing Magaly some Honey/Lemon/Cinnamon* for that cough

    I am in the midst of the busiest two weeks of the year for my shop. So, Friday the 13th's energy will go into crafting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if Honey/Lemon/Cinnamon comes in wine flavor ;-D

      Delete
  5. I'm busy busy trying to finish one job and get the art work for three others done before the end of the year. We usually take the last week of the year off so I'm a little frantic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The closer it gets, the more frantic I bet. *sigh*

      Delete
  6. There is something persistent in all kinds of folklore, about the malevolence of water, what with rusalka, Jenny Greenteeth and kelpies. Making it something nasty in the rain is an intriguing spin on the idea. That's a wonderful cover. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water has such human qualities: fluid, lethal, life-giver, warm, nasty... I love the concept of this book.

      Delete
  7. Looking for my Christmas Spirit? Oh I read ALMAMIA! What more! I finished a whole book for Artful Reading Group! And Watching Grimm on Friday night! Promises to be extra excellent!
    13 days? Nice round number! You will be terribly missed! Bee Safe and we want to read AlL about you adventures! xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe we are about to complete the Artful Reader's Club. How awesome. I'm so jealous that you get to watch Grimm!

      Hope you find your Christmas Spirit. Did you check under the bed?

      Delete
  8. You better take care of that cough ;o) I am going to dance on Friday the 13th, like a mad woman ;o) LOL!
    Just to let you know, I have the picture from Alaska on my blog for you ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dancing like a mad woman is always at the top of every one of my celebrations!

      Stacy, I went to see your Alaska picture. Oh my gods! I love it. It belongs in a magazine!

      Delete
    2. LOL! You are too cute!

      Delete
  9. Yes, I love Vanessa's cover and the blurb! I adore horror and this book sounds just awesome! Crossing my fingers for a giveaway some day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horror with a bit of water in it. Okay, a LOT of water in it.

      Delete
    2. P.S. I'm crossing my fingers for you, too ;-)

      Delete
  10. That does sound like a good read. I'm loving the cover art too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the red and black is sooo pleasing to the eye, isn't it? So yummy!

      Delete