The Witch, the Little Princess, the Piano Man… and the Sith Lord

This, my Luvs, is a peek into a Sunday of geeky, nerdy family fun at New York Comic Con 2013. 

The Little Princess kept on giggling and asking “Can you hear his breathing?”

We were supposed to make mean faces, but I couldnt stop grinning; the Little Princess’ mean face, on the other hand, was totally priceless. Look at that wicked smirk! 
noticed our Eliora’s witchy hat fascinators? 

My Piano Man and the Little Princess scouting for buttons—she wanted to fill her lanyard. I was searching for Zombie Mario, so that the Little Princess could get him with her Minecraft Pickaxe.  

I found Zombie Mario, and she got him. There was some growling involved… not Zombie Mario’s. 

We got ice cream and frozen lemonade…
…and we ate them with gusto.

Right before going into a Star Wars Origami panel/workshop

Other super cool families at Comic Con

Batman checking out Thor’s hammer… I had no idea the Dark Knight dreamed of godhood

 The most adorable costume at New York Comic Con 2013 (according to me ;-)

Wondering what we made during our origami/Star Wars adventure?
We made Lightsabers and Boba Fett’s helmets

The Little Princess thinks we should dress up as family next year. 
I cant remember what she wants us to be... 
but it involves zombies from Minecraft and LEGO Star Wars. And an ax... or is it a hammer?

22 comments:

  1. Is the princess your little one? and yes her smirk is priceless.. btw what did u make at the Origami workshop! I wanna see!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Little Princess is my Piano Man's daughter and the ruler of all known galaxies ;-D

      We made Lightsabers and Boba Fett’s helmets (the last picture lol)

      Delete
  2. Looks likes y'all had an amazing time!!!! Can't wait to see what your costumes will be, I'm sure something wickedly perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun; Comic Con always is (at least for me). We told the Little Princess that we'll dress up if she helps make the costumes. Let's see how that goes!

      Delete
  3. Looks like fun! Yes, do dress up next year -- how awesome would that be?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Especially if we can really come up with something that matches...

      Delete
  4. It's hilarious what a geek you are - not at all what one expects from following your witchy blog :)
    And that Edward Scissorhands is absolutely the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first sentence said why I write Pagan Culture--it is important for me that people see that witchy souls are like trees (so many different kinds, but still trees). And yes, about little Ed. That face!

      Delete
  5. Family fun is the glue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks to have been a fabulous family day :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the ice cream (coffee cream) was delicious ;-D

      Delete
  7. What a fun day!!! I am smiling!!! Magaly, I love your hair!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Stacy. I kind of love it, too. It keeps my ears warm in the winter *hehehe* Hugs!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a super fun day was had by all. I am so happy for all of you having such a wonderful time. Oma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those awesome days that stay around for always...

      Delete
  9. My oldest went to Youmacon in Detroit this past weekend and had a blast! Glad y'all had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I have a few friends that would go nuts at an anime convention!

      Delete
  10. I am grinning from ear to ear and my face is beginning to hurt. Each step of the way, I had a fabulous time along with you lovelies. Well who wouldn't? Your smiles and auras just jump through the page and encase us with all the joy of your hearts. Plus it really makes me want to dress up as Mina the Zombie Witch who carries a long broom to beat rude people up with. Oh my, where did that come from??? ;-) I adore that little Edward Scissor-hand and cannot wait to see what your beautiful family dresses as next year. Warmest hugs to you all, Mina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. " Mina the Zombie Witch who carries a long broom to beat rude people up with." Can I be Magaly the Hammer-Wielding Witch who nails the rude people's shoes and clothes to random places? LOL

      Hugs, right back at you!

      Delete
    2. Muahahaha! I hope you do. ;-)

      Delete
  11. Adorableness! I wish I could make it to some of the "cons". Any of them related to comics or games would be fine with me. Blizzcon was last Friday and Saturday. We watched it. Old habits........wait, what do they say about those??? ;)

    ReplyDelete