I Punched the Wall…

I’ve been exploring disturbing subjects lately. Some of them must have leaked into my dreams because, um… I punched the wall while asleep a couple of nights ago. The Sandman is keeping mum. I don’t know what he and I were doing when my knuckles kissed concrete, and that’s annoying the Flying Spaghetti Monster out of me…

I guess I need to be thankful that I punched the wall and not the hot Piano Man sleeping next to me. That would have been awkward… Anyhoo, I iced the affected knuckles and took something for the pain. They are still a bit swollen and tender, but my typing speed is almost back to normal.

I’m frustrated because I can’t remember the dream… That doesn’t happen to me often. I had a nightmare the day after the wall incident. I dreamed that I got home to find a huge portrait (of someone I don’t particularly like) hanging over my bed. In the picture, the person was wearing a Santa hat and no shirt; there were a bunch of glowing little faces of the same individual hovering around the center image. I screamed. Don’t laugh! It was terrifying.

In other (seemingly random) news, I deleted my Facebook page. My personal profile works just fine. If someone I don’t know is interested in the things that appear on my wall, they can follow. I gave the page an honest try. It didn’t do much for me (at least not right now), so it’s gone. My writing blog, on the other hand, has been reactivated. Are you wondering why the writing blog is back up after I said it would be static for some time? Well, remember the swollen knuckles? They hurt… and the pain was a bit distracting… I couldn’t sleep, so I decided to pass the time doing a little ramble-blogging… and, while drunk in the fumes of agony, I thought I was scheduling a post for this blog…

Moral of the story? Thou shall not blog while under the influence of bruised flesh and bone. If you dont follow my writing blog, consider doing so. That way you wont miss anything… and I will feel less like an idiot for rekindling what was supposed to be a somewhat static site *pouts* 

The Sandman by Neil Gaiman

30 comments:

  1. Ow! Ow! And, I swear, I kept a straight face as you described your nightmare. Honest... I take it this was of a person who should never be a bare-chested Santa? I'll make sure I follow both, and as for the page on Facebook, that only seems to work if there's some kind of store or product added to it. I have one for my Etsy shop but never use it. How are the knuckles, now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few days have gone by, almost a week, so this little piggies are all back to normal ;-)

      Delete
  2. LOL - I didn't realize I wasn't already following both! Fixed that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame on you. Just kidding ;-D

      Delete
  3. Oh dear!
    I do hope your knuckles are healing quickly.
    I hate nightmares, your sounds particularly creepy.
    I'm hopping over to your other blog.
    I could have sworn I was already following both.

    Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was creepy. I can think of it now and laugh a bit--sharing these things help, methinks. Yay for following ;-)

      Delete
  4. Oh my, that must have been one angry subconscious trying to make herself heard. Have you been pushing stuff down, or is there something you are feeling helpless about?

    'Not blogging under the influence' is good advice. The only times I have had to go back to clarify or even apologize have been after drunk blog visits (you may remember one such instance). I have it under control now though, I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember I said I've been working on some rather horrible things lately? Well, I've been researching abuse... old cases, most of them closed. But they still get to me, I guess.

      Blogging under the influence can be very dangerous lol

      Delete
  5. I am following every move you make! Ooooooh another nightmare for ya! Watch what you re eating before bed, Missy! The full moon this past weekend, caused wild behaviour in my head as well! Warm milk tonight! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prudence, you are a love. You just made me roar ;-D

      Delete
  6. I hope your hand feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had a nightmare also...involved ticks...nasty buggers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nightmares about bugs are always quite horrible. And for some reason they always arrive in large numbers...

      Delete
  8. Ouch! I deleted my fb page also. Just wasn't working for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You need one of these. http://www.deviantart.com/art/sweet-halloween-dreams-42197587

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is sooo sweet. He looks fierce with his tiny wooden sword ;-D

      Delete
  10. Maybe it isn't so important what you were dreaming of, so much as the 'is' of it. Perhaps the frustration you feel over not remembering, is the remembering. 'Frustration' is the word, here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remembering an reliving sucketh very mucho :-/

      Delete
  11. I frequently lash out in my sleep like that. I do it a lot more during the darker months of the year. I haven't written a lot about this latest round of dark months, but the nightmares have been prolific. I'm surprised I haven't punched hubby on accident. I wish I had words of wisdom for calming these types of episodes, sadly, I'm dry on that. I just know it happens to me a lot less during the light half of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like when I remember them. I write them out and they make pretty good stories (with a little creative help, of course) and then they go away. I'm glad you haven't punched the hubby lol

      Delete
  12. I am sorry you experienced such night... I hope your knuckle is better now. I've been out of your updates for a while, and out of blogging, somehow I needed break.
    Maybe you should take a break too, just relax and enjoy some nice place to be. Is it cold in NY these days? Keep warm, take care, Magaly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the nightmare was brought on by some pretty awful subjects I've been researching. I'm done with that... for now, so maybe I will dream about unicorns. I hope they aren't carnivorous! LOL

      Delete
  13. Hope the nightmares have stopped and your hand is on the mend. I've been contemplating a FB for my art. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Take care and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the hand is all good now. I think a FB works great if you have a shop. And later on, I will probably have a page for individual books, if needed (to give people the chance to tag them). But right now, nope, just extra work.

      Delete
  14. I had a very strange dream myself the other night, very long and involved and also included a retelling of it to a group of people who were entranced at first but lost interest before I was done. I tried hard to remember it when I woke up but 30 minutes later, it was gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just hate that? Or maybe we should love it. The brain is a very smart bit... We forget for a reason...

      Delete
  15. Ouch!!! Please take care of yourself girl!!! I don't like you hurting yourself!!! Dreams always have messages in them. Don't know what yours was??? Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might know what the second dream was trying to tell me. But I am being stubborn because I don't want to think about it LOL

      Delete