Experimenting...

I’ve been experiencing some pretty awesome things in my writing life… I can’t talk about them in detail (yet), but I’ll tell you as soon as I can. I’m happy, and my Muse is full of yum.

The other day, I received two emails: one from a Dark Fiction writer whose work I (and a few million others) have admired for as long as I can remember, and the other from one of the authors who inspired me to write Urban Fantasy. The good news (and an annoying comment) is fueling my writing speed. My usual 1,300 words per writing session have almost tripled most days. It’s a good feeling… a great freaking feeling!

I’m not sharing names. I want this to be my secret, my treasure, my reward… Actually, three of my best friends might still be suffering from hearing problems. I might have screamed a bit when I called them to tell them about it *cough, cough*. And my Piano Man, well, let’s just say that my Love might be the most patient soul in the universe. He is never too tired to discuss the messages I receive, to share my joy or the chattering of my speculations; he never minds the clack, clack, clack of my keyboard as I write, write, write… while he sleeps next to me (I love you so very much, my William).

I am the luckiest witchy writer woman.

All the latter was what inspired me to make AlmaMia Cienfuegos and Other Stories free for a few days. It was a last minute thing. I added it to a pre-scheduled post about 15 minutes before it was due to go live. Your response, my Wicked Luvs, has only added to my happiness. Thank you. These last few days have been full of little experiments, and you have made each of them a total success.

I believe in my stories, in my characters, in me and I love what that means. But I’m a child of Nature, and my witchy heart understands that believing in me is not enough; without all your light to balance my darkness, I could become an unfruitful scary thing. And that which doesn’t help Her, our Mother Nature consumes and changes—I want to continue being Me until I’m silver, wrinkled and hysterically wise. I still have a lot of experimenting to do. I’m yet to delight in the yumminess of mango cake ;-)


via boldsky
you can find the recipe there, too
yum, yum, yum


in case you’ve been wondering about NaNoWriMo

10 comments:

  1. that was a delicious post and it wasn't even the cake that made it so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy you enjoy the yummy offering ;-D

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that you took the words of the joy-sucker and used them to fuel your fire, instead of dampening it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Energy is fluid, so even the hot uglies can be turned into something else ;-D

      Delete
  3. Well, a yummy mystery. Always say that is the best kind! Can wait to hear about it. My mind is imagining all kinds of wonderful things!!!1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm "imagining all kinds of wonderful things," too ;-D

      Delete
  4. Keep going girl!! I am so happy for you! My heart melted, when you wrote, "I love you so very much, my William". That cake looks soooooooooooooooo good!! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has that "melting" effect on me, too *grins*

      Delete
  5. You are the goddess of inspiration, my love! Mina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Mina, my inspiration is just grinning right now :-D

      Delete