A Frog with a Hammer, a Rocket Raccoon… and a Loving Man

Diary of Bones published a post discussing “romantic relationship.” In my comment, I said that “my Piano Man bought a figurine: Throg, Frog of Thunder!’ He got it out of the box, showed it to me, and said, ‘Gods, capes, frogs, hammers, superheroes. All the things you like and I like. I thought we should have it.’ I grinned from ear to ear and told him, ‘I’m sooo going to do you, right now.’”
My romantic side is a bit grabby… and it comes with a touch of geekiness… and I’m lucky because my Piano Man knows how to keep the romance alive. On the first day of New York Comic Con 2013 he did just that. He had a rehearsal that morning and I had writing I needed to finish, so we decided to meet at a coffee shop and walk to the Javits Center together. I got distracted by the story I was working on, so I was a bit late; my Piano Man met me by the train station.

“Quick,” he said. “We need to get there soon. I have a surprise for you. But we need to hurry.”

“What is it?” I said over and over, but the man is unbreakable.

“If it’s gone when we get there, I will tell you what it was. You are going to love it; trust me.”

He was right. I squealed like a loving psycho-geek when I saw my Rocket Raccoon.
Look at them in action. Aren’t they awesome? Of course they are. 
 
Throg sits on top of my books, across from the area where I write. Rocket is always in bed with me, glaring at everything. I think he’s upset because he doesn’t have any guns. I plan to start building his arsenal right after NaNoWriMo. A Guardian of the Galaxy needs his weaponry, you know?

Some girls prefer flowers… My heart rejoices because my loving man understands that his witchy woman goes nuts at the sight of a heroic, godly frog wielding a hammer and a uniformed raccoon armed to the teeth. Yep, we’re lucky, lucky, lucky... and I’m luckiest ;-)

29 comments:

  1. Wonderful! One year Hubby bought me a rapier for Christmas. I was thrilled! Still am. So I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiny, sharp and pointy gifts are awesome!

      Delete
  2. Aaaaaaw! He is sooooo cute!*yes I do mean your piano man* :D Hubby got a similar reaction one christmas when he bought me my first electric mower. Others were mortified...I was thrilled :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see you running around screaming in glee, waiting to face the grass with your electric mower ;-D

      Delete
  3. So good your man knows what makes you happy :) What else to wish for? Love, understanding, joy! Blessings to you, awesome couple!
    What fabulous superheroes are those two guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are blessed with men who know us, aren't we?

      Delete
  4. The hubby and I regularly get our geek on too. I remember the con where we dressed as Green Arrow and Black Canary (LOL, way back in my 20's). He also knows anything to do with my favorite fandoms will get me to squee (among other things!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green Arrow and Black Canary... Ghrrr! You need to share some pics, one of these days ;-D

      Delete
  5. Mushy so early in the morning! Awe! enjoy the loving things! Creative heart! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mushy goes so deliciously well with coffee ;-D

      Delete
  6. My husband was quoting defective Portal drones through text to me yesterday. Then last night he told me if I figure out how to cosplay as a drone he'll be a defective one. So I totally get you.
    Also Thor + Frogs = awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! What a great costume that would make. All the dark, white and red details together... and the hint of love. Yum! I hope you guys get to do it one day ;-D

      Delete
  7. Hahahaha! What a day to drop in on you! Smooches day! Well he is one ina million & so are you. Wishing you many more happy days with the piano man and, er, Throg and ah, his buddies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he? Sometimes I just look at him and wonder if I'm not just dreaming him up. If I am, the one who wakes me up better run--I will be pissed LOL

      Delete
  8. That Throg just makes me pee my pants from laughing! Oh mighty froggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His ripped muscles and that cape! Totally pants-peeing worthy lol

      Delete
  9. Ain't geeky love grand????? SM bought me the first birthstone (diamond) earrings I ever had (tiny little buggers and I love them so) and a blowtorch for Christmas one year. Yeah, I wanted to learn how to weld and I guess he thought I needed to look spiffy while doing so. Knowing one another is a wonderful thing. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I could have been around you after the winter holidays... to see people's faces after you answer the, "What did you get this year?" I imagine you grinning, and saying, "Diamond earrings and a blowtorch."

      Priceless!

      Delete
  10. Isn't it wonderful to be in a relationship with a great guy who accepts your for exactly who yyou are! It doesn't get better than that! Loved the last photo ~ That says it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed. You always go around expecting the whole thing not to be real. Then he kisses you, and yep, it's real!

      Delete
  11. I've always said diamonds are over-rated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute and shiny, but they don't make our inner goddesses sparkle as bright as kisses do ;-)

      Delete
  12. My heart is melting! This is so wonderful! I truly mean that! It's so special!!!!!! Big Warm Hugs ;o) I can't stop smiling ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just giggled. Hugs, right back at you!

      Delete
  13. I love, Love, LOVE both Throg and Rocket Racoon! Your man knows how to keep the smile on your face (and your panties on the floor...hehehe) From where I sit, you are both the luckiest. Have a beautiful week, my Magaly. Mina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just laughed really, really, really loud... at 11:21 pm LOL We shall be luckiest tonight ;-D

      Delete
  14. That.......is ooey, gooey adorable. :) I wish everyone understood (general public) that gifts don't have to be cookie cutter. Flowers is so.....1950s. And, also so......"dying". Which makes me a sad Panda. I love your presents. I am also lucky.......I'm getting a treadmill........I squealed!

    ReplyDelete