Weeping Angels, Macabre Love, Dark Affairs… So Good, So Dark

I just finished reading the All Hallow’s Grim 2013 the party posts submitted on October 13th, and must say… wow. I was left openmouthed, uplifted and totally proud—I’m a witchy Aries soul, so of course, I claim full credit for coming up with the amazing theme that inspired posts which touch the darkness and make it shine so very bright. Here are a few quotes from my readings:

“Finding the light within the darkness is an exercise in self-exploration and self-acceptance. Our ability to face and embrace this aspect of ourselves is what can keep us mentally and emotionally healthy throughout our lives.” Enchanted Moon Chronicles

The Addams “...were loathed and feared by anyone who crossed their path, but despite their peculiarities, they were actually loving, generous, polite and loyal.” Little Gothic Horrors 

“The Way of Unfolding provides a voice for the innate, dark affairs that meditate and occasionally roar in the murky recesses of your soul.” Sancti Spiritus

Look over to the right and down, go ahead *waits for you to look* see the list on my sidebar, titled Party Posts? It holds the jewels I quoted above, and many other treasures… Fly over to the partiers’ cyber-homes to enjoy their bright darkness... and their delicious giveaways, too *cough* 
Weeping Angel by SunshineShelle
Shelle’s beautifully haunting party post for October 13th 
available for purchase… if you don’t get it soon, someone else will—probably me

Today’s post and giveaway will be up at 10:13 am EDT. Until then, check out the first two postsReaching into Darkness and Celebrating DeathRead you soon... Write you always.

18 comments:

  1. OMG! Shelle's work is always so hauntingly beautiful!.....so good of you to take the blame for our dark thoughts :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, Shelle, Stacy... have made me fall in love with colors and shapes. Your work haunt in the most awesome of ways...

      Delete
  2. I can always ask Mum to keep the painting for me... Hehe. I won't though! I like the Addams family, so I'll have to check out that post.
    If you don't take full credit, someone else might! Haha.
    Have a wonderfully witchy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are nicer than I am, I would have asked! LOL
      I think you will enjoy Little Gothic Horrors, it's a lovely site.
      You, too, have a great day.

      Delete
  3. I am honored, beyond words, that you chose an excerpt from my blog post to feature here. It's a beautifully humbling thing. Thank you, my Brightly Dark friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Snowy, your words were present in my dreams. They feel that powerful. Thank you for sharing them with us!

      Delete
  4. Magaly so cool to see this post, when you repost my art I get such a kick out of it THANK YOU!!!
    PS Memmy is one of the most amazing people I know... If she wasn't my daughter already I'd have to adopt her ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I get a message from Memphis, I grin. I can feel your yumminess in her words made even more awesome by her sweet and warm personality. And you are thanking me for sharing your art? My blog gets all giggly every time I post something painted by you ;-D

      Delete
  5. PS I love the word snippets featured here and still munching my way through the awesome posts, yes claim credit for so much wonderful work gathered together, and Gina, you treasure, thank you for your comment :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling this party was going to bring a lot of deliciousness out of the most interesting dark bits of Wicked Darling minds, but wow, Shelle, I wasn't expecting this much. I'm delighted and totally proud!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the lovely mention, lovely Magaly! ❤ I'm running behind with everything because I've been getting caught up with all the fabulous post-y goodness, everywhere I turn, which you have spawned with this blog party. :D Meeting so many cool and creative new people, including SunshineShelle. I was admiring her Weeping Angel earlier today. Haunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not the only one. I can barely keep up with all the goodness! I'm so happy you and Shelle found each other. I'm totally crazy about her work; have been for years. And I can only see the love grow stronger. And yes, "Haunting" is a good word for it...

      Delete
  7. Shelle's image is just wonderful, haunting and evocative of vulnerability. The fallen feather is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little angel has soul, doesn't it? And a feather, too ;-D

      Delete
  8. I love Shelle's art! She captures emotions so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does, indeed. And they stay and make a brain think...

      Delete
  9. Wow! "Weeping Angel" is haunting and beautiful, and soul stirring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Shelle has a touch that stays in the heart...

      Delete