Six Minutes before Facebook Got Eaten by Zombies…

I was supposed to sleep on it… I said something about letting the Sandman help me make a decision. Then I went to select the image for this post, and I clicked on this picture (by mistake):
my favorite hammer on the cover of The Sandman
I believe in coffee faeries, in sock-stealing goblins, in the evil eye, in googly eyes, in bedroom eyes… but I refuse to believe in coincidences. So… I know the Sandman didn’t really want me to sleep on it. You are probably wondering what “it” is, huh? Well, my Luvs, I was trying to decide if I was going to join NaNoWriMo. I did. If you, too, are planning to write your fiery heart out during the month of November, stop by my NaNoHut and say “Hola, Magaly!” Then go home and write.

I will be working on Wishing upon Earth a Bone, a novel that starts right after the end of the latest tale in AlmaMia Cienfuegos and Other Stories. I have been denying myself this one... for a while. But the Muse (and my Piano Man) helped me win the bloody battle against my inner-bullheadedness.

Now, to today’s post…

Dead Inside: Do Not Enter: Notes from the Zombie Apocalypse, by Lost Zombies and Adrian Chappell, is exactly what its title suggests: a book formed by little notes. I know what you’re thinking, Goodness! Does Magaly realize that she used three colons in the same sentence?

No? You weren’t thinking that? *sigh* I knew my non-existent mind reading powers were faulty; how disappointing. Anyway, about Dead Inside… the bits and pieces that come together to create the short book are offered with little to no explanation. I found the idea interesting, but would have liked more structure within the chaos. It made me think of Twitter on steroids (and written by zombies), if that makes any sense. Many of the notes were catchy, others just… weird (some in a good way).

I would really like it if the Lost Zombies went ahead and wrote stories to go with the notes. Tales that answer the old what happened next question. If they haven’t rotted already, that is.

My October entry for The Artful Readers Club presents the results of a wee pre-zombie-apocalypse experiment… conducted on my Facebook wall. I asked my friends to share the last status update they would write if told that Facebook was going to disappear in six minutes due to zombies. Here are some of the answers they provided; yes, including the “Fried Brains” recipe:
click on the image to enlarge it
Thanks so much to the Wicked Darlings who joined in the fun! The Artful Readers Club usually meets on the last Friday of each month, but our dear hostess was away last Friday. The meeting was rescheduled for November 1st, so I’m a tad early. Shamble your way very slowly towards the meeting place... then see what else you can sink your teeth into *grins… with a lot of teeth*   

22 comments:

  1. I'd love to join NaNoWriMo (tried once, didn't finish, but got huge progress on one of my novels that's now up at Amazon), but with the move and the vacatian and ALL THE FRIGGIN' GENERAL MADNESS I think I'll pass. ^^ Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the novel in English or just German?

      Delete
  2. What a fun challenge! I'm not on Facebook anymore, but mine would be: "If you can make it out here, we have clean water. Weapons or food will secure you a place." (we have our own well)
    Myself and Cinnamon man often fantasize about how we would fence off our little piece of land when the zombie apocalypse comes, and then accept people in based on skills and such :) Yes, we're morbid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I'm sure you've noticed, the paranoid and the seemingly morbid are the ones to survive during the zombie apocalypse. Save me a tiny spot, if I can get on a plane, I will be there!

      Delete
  3. Cool. Will put the recipe in my collection. lol. I keep hearing about NaNoNaNoWritMo.... but I am still not sure what that is. Is it from Ork?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Ork?" interesting...

      NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. This link can explain more: http://nanowrimo.org/about

      Delete
  4. You realize I will never hear the end of this now.... He has published evidence that I actually said "you were right honey". He will be impossible to live with!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! It is good for a relationship (and for general sanity) to give it to them every now and again ;-D

      Delete
  5. Betty Trevino Roth10/28/2013

    I am very proud indeed to have made the list. You get a "thank you" and an "I love you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sooo very happy for that. The other one has way too much "F" for my taste ;-D

      Delete
  6. Hahahaha...love the "six minute warning" piece :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to take plunges...especially at the urging of those that know you best :)

    Zombies could feast on your gray matter for weeks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cameron, I must tweet your sentence LOL

      Delete
  8. I love fried brains, actually. Crispy outer shell, meltingly soft interior. Difficult to get now, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like crunchy brain, too. A little broiling and then half-deep frying at high temperature. Crispy, softy... with crackers. Yum.

      Delete
    2. Well, I badly posted that post. Deleted for a second try! Maybe it was all the talk of eating brains, or maybe mine's not ripe yet. Anyway, wonderful tome, though you may find getting an audience difficult with all the brain eating and shotgunnings to the head going on during a zombie apocalypse.

      Delete
  9. Pick the blood vessels and film off of the brains, is so yucky! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stacy, did you have to repeat THAT bit, I was still dry retching from the original LOL...
    Sandman... Not one thing I don't love about everything connected with that graphic masterpiece :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "dry retching," huh? Love the visual... at 8:29 in the morning lol

      Delete
  11. haha I love this, made me chuckle. so funny that you involved your FB friends, genius.

    ReplyDelete