AlmaMia’s Thunder

I have a friend who was born on the Fourth of July. He loved his birth date while he was a child; for it was obvious—to him—that the entire USA was celebrating his birthday. Years later, he began to get annoyed by that fact that he had to share his date with someone who had more friends than he would ever dream of having. His mother tried celebrating his birthday a week before or after the actual date, and my friend enjoyed himself at every party. But behind his jokes about being an “Independence Boy,” a bit of resentment always lurked…

I’m sharing this because I’ve been wondering about how AlmaMia Cienfuegos would feel if she had to share the month of the publication of her second edition with the release of Blooming Howls. Would she be happy about sharing the spotlight with her screaming sisters and brothers from the same writing mother? Or would the wild child be spitting mad because a little girl with a meat mallet and a boy who feeds on other people’s terror might steal some of her Caribbean fiery thunder?

Knowing AlmaMia the way I do, I’ve predicted that she would probably spit fire at the thought. And we can’t blame her. She has been waiting a long time for this; wishing for the chance to see where the stone will land, for a good look into her big sister’s head, and to go out into the world covered with a new dress. It makes complete sense for AlmaMia to want at least a month to celebrate her birth and growth, without anyone howling over her.

I’ve moved things around, in order to let her have her month (and a half… she is very persuasive):     
October – AlmaMia Cienfuegos, 2nd Edition  
December – Blooming Howls
February – Thorn in Red, Vol. 1 of Story Crafters
April – Unbreaking Joy, Vol. 2 of Story Crafters
May – No idea. But even numbers annoy me, so I added a fifth line.

I can’t wait to share the new cover, um… dress, that Shelle is creating for AlmaMia…
and what I’ve added to the old story…
and the new tale from Soledad’s point of view…
fly over to Amazon

8 comments:

  1. You've been a busy writer. Good. Missed you online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, haven't I? And it has been all kinds of fun. It was weird not being able to follow my usual routine: Write a few hours, break to check emails and to see what people are doing on Facebook, then write some more...

      Delete
  2. Never mess with a wild girl carrying a rock. You made the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct, ma'am, particularly with one witch such great aim. I agree with the second part, too, it feels right.

      Delete
  3. I think making room between the writing is probably the best choice, so good call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little breathing room is good, methinks. And it will keep people from getting hid with a rock ;-)

      Delete
  4. Excellent! I can't wait to see what Shelle creates for you too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite excited about it, too!

      Delete