1. I don’t like admitting my mistakes. I still do what I must, but I hate saying, “I was wrong.”
2. Recently (okay, last night) I deduced that I can be as hypocritical as the next person.
3. I had never had an exchange with Christian Day, but I totally detested the man.
4. Some time back, a friend sent me a link to an article written by Christian. I refused to read it, and I’m pretty sure I sneered at my friend. When he asked why I disliked Christian so much, I told him the truth: “I have no idea. I just can’t stand the man.”
5. As a result of recent events, I’ve exchanged comments with Christian on several posts/walls. Now I know why I disliked him so much. I also know that I was wrong. Yes, Christian might be one of the most politically incorrect individuals I’ve come across, but so is my dear friend over at Militant Queer and I love him anyway. Heck, I’m not crazy about some of the things I’ve said and I still adore me.
6. So... I, Magaly Guerrero, *grinds teeth* admit to have been wrong to dislike Christian Day without knowing him at all. Some of his methods might still make me cringe-giggle, but I can’t go around saying that the biggest and most beautiful freedom a person can have is the choice to be exactly who she or he is, and then turn back and dislike someone for embracing his inner potty mouthiness. That would make me a hypocrite. And that’s too ugly of a trait for someone as gorgeous, amazing (and modest) as moi.
7. I’m going to get a Kindle copy of The Witches’ Book of the Dead. It can be the second of three gifts I plan to give deliciously precious me for this All Hallow’s Eve ;-)
You would think that with that cover and that title, I would have read this book already.
Wondering what this is about? Of course you are. If not, just pretend. I would hate to be the only nosy one in this relationship. Those 7 things about me were required by the Lovely Blog Award I received from the Faerie Barista, who received if from She Who Seeks, who begot… oops, wrong story!
Now I must give the award to 7 other bloggers, but I want to throw a little twist into the rules. These last few days have been strange, and not so sweet, so I’m asking my nominees to share something lovely and heartwarming. We need sugariness around the world, so I’m nominating the authors of:
I left the 7th spot open for Wicked Darlings who want to share something lovely and heartwarming that happened to them in the last few days. Share the Happies and bring on the Smiles ;-)
|for the love of frogs sitting on ripe blackberries and random happy giggles ;-)|