I know what’s going through you mind right now… Okay, I really don’t know, but I’ll guess. You’re thinking, What does this image have to do with wine and mugs, dearest Wicked Witch Writer? Well, not very much. I’ve just fallen in love with deliciously gorgeous Hilda, and can’t stop sharing her cheerfulness with everyone around me (You can thank Autumn Earthsong; she introduced me to this beauty ;-).
Now that you’ve said hello to our Hilda, we can move on to the wine sipping and the flashing of mugs. Sam, over at Chronicles of an Anthropology Nerd, invited everyone to show off their favorite mugs. She suggested—and I believe it’s true—that our mugs can say a lot about our personalities. I would go as far as to say that our mugs also say a lot about our friendships. The first mug I’ll show you, isn’t a mug *cough, cough* but a wine glass.
This beauty was created by my Sarah H., the sexy author of Love, Light, & Wine: A Painting, Sipping, Beachy Pagan. What does this lovely piece say? It clearly screams that Magaly loves daisies, and wine, and the colors black, red, pink… and Sarah is fabulous!
Next comes my everyday mug; it was a present. I use it all the time, take it with me on trips, and no one uses but me. I don’t know why, but I swear coffee doesn’t taste the same in other mugs.
Here is a collage of the mugs that get used the most around our house:
1. A present from my Piano Man’s parents. We tend to use them for tea.
2. This fellow sits at my Piano Man’s desk. I think you can tell what it does ;-)
3. Goodbye gifts from family members of patients, while I worked at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, formerly known as the National Naval Medical Center.
4. Sitting at the Little Princess work table, in her bedroom. Once filled with candy…
5. First two (left to write) are end of jobs gifts. Can you guess who is the baby on the third?
6. Another one that came filled with sweets, and claimed by the house’s wee artist ;-)
7. Mainly used for sauce… where dumplings are dipped before nom, nom, nom!
* In case you can’t see the quotes, they say: “I’ve started drinking my coffee out of a clear mug, so people know where my tolerance level is,” and “Life begins with coffee,” and “Coffee brews magic.”
Almost forgot to show off the latest addition to the mug family (someone was sipping from it).
My “Witchy Woman” wine glass from both angles (and with better lighting):
So… my Wicked Luvs, what do your mugs say about you? Do tell… Show them off… ;-)