Witchy Woman Sipping Wine and Flashing Her Mugs

I know whats going through you mind right now… Okay, I really don’t know, but I’ll guess. You’re thinking, What does this image have to do with wine and mugs, dearest Wicked Witch Writer? Well, not very much. I’ve just fallen in love with deliciously gorgeous Hilda, and can’t stop sharing her cheerfulness with everyone around me (You can thank Autumn Earthsong; she introduced me to this beauty ;-). 

Now that you’ve said hello to our Hilda, we can move on to the wine sipping and the flashing of mugs. Sam, over at Chronicles of an Anthropology Nerd, invited everyone to show off their favorite mugs. She suggested—and I believe it’s true—that our mugs can say a lot about our personalities. I would go as far as to say that our mugs also say a lot about our friendships. The first mug I’ll show you, isn’t a mug *cough, cough* but a wine glass. 
This beauty was created by my Sarah H., the sexy author of Love, Light, & Wine: A Painting, Sipping, Beachy Pagan. What does this lovely piece say? It clearly screams that Magaly loves daisies, and wine, and the colors black, red, pink… and Sarah is fabulous!

Next comes my everyday mug; it was a present. I use it all the time, take it with me on trips, and no one uses but me. I don’t know why, but I swear coffee doesn’t taste the same in other mugs.

Here is a collage of the mugs that get used the most around our house: 

1. A present from my Piano Man’s parents. We tend to use them for tea.
2. This fellow sits at my Piano Man’s desk. I think you can tell what it does ;-)
3. Goodbye gifts from family members of patients, while I worked at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, formerly known as the National Naval Medical Center.
4. Sitting at the Little Princess work table, in her bedroom. Once filled with candy…
5. First two (left to write) are end of jobs gifts. Can you guess who is the baby on the third?
6. Another one that came filled with sweets, and claimed by the house’s wee artist ;-)
7. Mainly used for sauce… where dumplings are dipped before nom, nom, nom!
* In case you can’t see the quotes, they say: “I’ve started drinking my coffee out of a clear mug, so people know where my tolerance level is,” and “Life begins with coffee,” and “Coffee brews magic.”

Almost forgot to show off the latest addition to the mug family (someone was sipping from it).

My “Witchy Woman” wine glass from both angles (and with better lighting): 
So… my Wicked Luvs, what do your mugs say about you? Do tell… Show them off… ;-)

28 comments:

  1. Ooo, Hilda is fabulous! I love how she's not "sexy posing", just lounging about half naked (like most of us do..?)
    And that wine glass from Sarah - absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She makes me want to giggle.

      Delete
  2. Hilda is just absolutely luscious. You have fabulous mugs, dear. This makes me wish I could get back to Momma's house and take pictures of the mugs that are important to me. A black cat mug, one that says "World's best Dad", another cat mug. That wine glass is gorgeous if I do say so myself. Thank you for spreading the good word. I love being spread...wait that sounded a little risque. Good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see? There is something about Hilda that brings the sexy out of us (and by "us" I mean "me") ;-D

      Delete
  3. (I still haven't gotten around to figuring out how to use this laptop's to download pics). Currently, I have Starbucks mugs. I love their Christmas release that features ivy or deer. Also, the off-white & red color scheme. I do have 2 mugs which don't fit this them on the years I haven't been able to buy my mug before they sold out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your mugs!

      That sounds so scandalous LOL

      Delete
  4. Thank you and sweet Autumn for sharing Hilda.

    Hilda is the personification of the wonderful word "Zaftig"!

    Now, A Witchy Hilda on a coffee mug, wouldn't that be wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so love the words "Zaftig." It sounds good to the ear and tastes nice in the mouth. A Witchy Hilda on a coffee mug... yum!

      Delete
  5. Hilda is a curvacious queen! Also, I love how you included the wine "mug." We actually used to drink wine out of coffee mugs before we got our wine glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, didn't get as far as the mugs. Still fixating on Hilda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some fixations can't be rushed LOL

      Delete
  7. Love that you have found all my holiday snaps lol...Hilda is the name I use for security reasons :D
    As for mugs...all mine are china,with floral images..only workmen drink tea from earthenware mugs lol I guess that makes me a "Tea Snob" :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? When I got to the US, I was really nervous the first time someone offered me coffee. We drink really strong coffee in tiny bits of "china, with floral images." So the ginormous container was a surprise. Then I tasted the water down nastiness they were passing for coffee and nearly puked... Yep, different folks and all...

      Snob! *cough, cough*

      Delete
  8. Hilda is quite the saucy lass, isn't she?! :D Love your “Witchy Woman wine glass"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saucy lass sounds like a good description for her. And my "Witchy Woman" wine glass is fabulous! Sarah rocks ;-D

      Delete
  9. So sorry, Magaly, I'm afraid I can't see Hilda as anymore than she was originally meant to be in 1957. It wasn't a great time for women and too many people fought hard to get rid of her and her kind. Intellectually I understand that we have moved on and she is seen as cute, sexual and funny in 2013 but emotionally for me she will never be anything more than an outrage.

    On a light side I do love your witchy mug!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I need to research Hilda. I don't know anything about her 1957 "persona."

      I understand your reaction. Even when times have changed, some memories can't be pushed away. I shall look into the 1975 "outrage" part.

      And yes, my mug is sooo awesome!

      Delete
  10. Hey Magaly ;o) This is such a cute post! I love it! I have to admit, I don't drink coffee. I drink tea. And, I drink my tea out of a 4 cup measuring cup. I know very big! I like my mint tea or green tea and just can't seem to get a large cup for my tea! Don't know what this means about me? Maybe I like them big and green? LOL! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I won't be able to stop grinning at the thought of you "liking them big and green" LOL

      Delete
    2. LOL! ;o) What can I say, I am one of a kind ;o)))

      Delete
    3. And that's the reason I adore you ;-)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I LIKES mugs! You should show yours off, too ;-)

      Delete
  12. I just got new mugs. Sadly, they aren't for hot drinks. Hubby and I have two coffee mugs that are exactly the same. They have coffee cups on them. Then we got 12 drinking jars. They say County Fair drinking jar on them with a rooster on it. We got them from Amazon. I need some witchy mugs.

    Oh, and I still have the tacky "He Chose the NAILS" mug....../gag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After much thought, I've just figured out that I've never bought a mug for myself. I've gotten a few for other people, but never for me. I think I need to remedy that... I should get one with something naked on it ;-D

      Delete
  13. I love Hilda!

    I just drink from one of 3 matching plain white ceramic mugs....simply because they are the largest in the house....and I do loves me my coffee! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Convenience is totally magical. And Hilda rocks ;-D

      Delete