Tiger Lily

“I’m leaving. Costume parties aren’t all that fun after the food’s gone.”

“But the magic dance just started. She’s the only witch allowed in here. I come to the party for her.”

“I didn’t know she was a… you know, one of them.”

“You can’t feel the magic on her steps, her cackles, the sways of Nature in her hips? When she replaces those pink flowers with her Tiger Lily Witch Hat, things are… revealed.”

“Now that you mention it, I can feel it, too. And she’s a pretty one, that redhead.”

“She is, isn’t she? Powerful of soul and flesh. Go in peace, friend. And walk in light.”

“I’m not leaving. I’m staying until she bares those breasts, the hips—”

“Why… what makes you think she’ll go skyclad?”

“Oh, you know witches. They are always getting naked and doing wicked things with their bodies.”

“I’m pretty sure that’s a myth.”

“No, it isn’t. I’ve read about these things. The information is readily available. Just sit and wait. You’ll see. I’ll sit right here, very close to her. Maybe she’ll shake some of her bouncy magic in my face.”

“Sure.” He moved away from the other man, and went to stand by the door of pavilion.

He still remembered what happened two years ago, at a Halloween party hosted by the same family. The faces of the four people who had been standing next to the last guy who asked the witch, How long until you take your clothes off, deary? would often crawl into his nightmares. The sight of a purple-faced guy chewing and swallowing his own tongue froze an eternal look of shock on the faces of the four nearby watchers. Most recovered, but the one who had laughed the hardest was still walking around with his hands stuck to his cheeks and his lips shaped into a stiff scream.  

This flash of witchy fiction was inspired by Magpie Tales 181 and Eliora’s Tiger Lily Witch Hat Fascinator.
Click on the witchy hat (before 5:13 pm) for a chance to win a bit of Halloween in August.
And to fly over to the Magpie Tales realm, click on the dancing beauty ;-)
via

46 comments:

  1. Oh.My.Goddess. - I.Love.It. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you'd like Tiger Lily's steps ;-)

      Delete
  2. i love the way you bring her spirit to life...Powerful of soul and flesh! Go Tiger Lily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks like she dancing and heart and soul out, doesn't she? Go Tiger Lily, indeed ;-)

      Delete
  3. I fricking LOVE this little flash of fiction/possibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've made me roar, as usual. Maybe we should dance... ;-D

      Delete
  4. I love redheads beautiful witches breasts and hips ...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some day people will realize the myths about witches...hope it's in my lifetime...would love to be able to react like Tiger Lily...love it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. It would be nice to look back, and see the whole things as a really old joke.

      Delete
  6. Pure genius and sweet karma. I know this is fiction, but as all fiction is based on fact, it is just crazy that many people equate "witch" with "stripper". Not that we don't possibly do a little table dancing for our man from time to time (wicked hehehe) but really? We don't go around flashing our wares and exposing our cauldrons for the world, at least not ALL the time. ;-)~ Stiff scream indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a flash of "a little table dancing," and giggled. I think there were feather boas, too. LOL

      Delete
  7. Witchy fiction ~~ I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic!!! Truly excellent words!
    (Magaly, I got a special card in the mail and I LOVE IT!!!! Big hugs!!! I feel so special that you thought of me!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, gracias. Yay on the second bit!!!

      Delete
  9. Bwahahaha...love this too much. Great visual painted with words.
    Thanks for the special thought, it was a delightful and heart warming surprise....xoxo Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness you didn't taste it because that would have been totally gross!

      Oh, my Oma, but that's just the beginning...

      Delete

  10. “Oh, you know witches. They are always getting naked and doing wicked things with their bodies.”
    ...well, yeah! Every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He forgot the bit about the moon and the wine. His sources must be outdated ;-D

      Delete
  11. Nature in her hips! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you think that luscious roundness comes from? ;-D

      Delete
  12. Sharp and keenly intense.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahaha......I have to admit...when this witchy danced it often had the same result lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't doubt it one bit! LOL

      Delete
  14. Ha, she doesnt like to be dissed......
    Good on you Magaly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it doesn't seem she does ;-)

      Delete
  15. Witchy fiction, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the thought of 'skyclad'! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skyclad is a great thought right now. It's freaking hot outside!

      Delete
  17. Whoa, that was some party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it? I wonder who did the cleaning.

      Delete
  18. I let out a giggle and a snort at the skyclad bit. My husband has said pretty much all of that in the past.

    "Oh, you witches. Always getting naked and dancing around things and playing with your bodies!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, what are bodies good for if not for getting them naked and dancing around doing things to them for the delight of our significant others? ;-D

      Delete
  19. Love it a wild whirlygig of emotion and feeling

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome! Do you know that I was going to name one of my girls Tiger Lily. The husband was going for it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely name. And it would always bring that gorgeous flower to mind ;-D

      Delete