Stubborn Like a Ram

No, I’m not mixing animal metaphors, my Wicked Luvs. I just think that whoever came up with the phrase “as stubborn as an ox,” never noticed the bullheaded Ram determined to get the ox to move its ass forward *grins at the word menagerie*

Your witchy Aries spent most of the day fighting with the structure of five stories. I’m taking “AlmaMia Cienfuegos” and “Wishing upon Earth and Bone,” and adding them to three other short tales told from the points of view of Soledad, Vanesa, and Ms. Toledo. I want to publish them as an interconnected collection of tales.

I battled the tales until my eyeballs threatened to pop. After a lot of hissing, I tried napping. Sleep didn’t come… So I got up, and started working on my entry for a Mad Tea Party. It will be the continuation of “Brownies, Brews and Blades.” I’m almost done!

If I’m lucky, I’ll finish the entry with my morning coffee. After that’s complete, I’ll attack a different writing project. Then, when the Cienfuegos women aren’t looking, I’ll let the little Ram strike the ox until it topples ;-)

Let’s hope I get better results *cough, cough*
 via

18 comments:

  1. adding a new book to my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books, like puppies, LOVE to sleep in piles. So you should make that to-be-read pile as tall as possible, while reading of course, for they also love to petted ;-D

      Delete
  2. What an exciting combination that will be...from "The Little Ram that Thinks She Can!!!" :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The Little Ram that Thinks She Can, and then did!!!" I bet that's what you meant ;-D

      I'm still staring as those spindly little legs and grinning LOL

      Delete
  3. That will going to be something interesting for sure!
    My uncle is Aries too, and yes, he is as stubborn as he is :)
    Love your new picture in a bright pink top! :) and with an Aries grin of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We Aries tend to be somewhat impossible. But like you noticed, we are also bright and smile at lot, so we're lovable, too ;-D

      Delete
    2. Oh my... and you are too kind not to notice my grammar errors. Well, I need to reread my comments before publishing.
      have a nice weekend, Magaly!

      Delete
    3. I've always thought of blogging as conversation. And the latter is rarely grammatically perfect, methinks ;-)

      Delete
  4. Keep at it! You will ram it into the shape you want in no time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either that, or I'll figure out why it doesn't want to go that way or this way. Any will work for me, I just need to see why they are acting like brats.

      Delete
  5. That ram looks like he likes being butted (excuse me!) by the goat!...You will get over that hump and finish... It just takes an unconscious moment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? Last night (actually this morning) a bit past 1:00 am, I noticed what the problem was. I was too exhausted to fix it, but I did a quick outline. I'll get to it as soon as I finish my coffee.

      "butted" *hehehe*

      Delete
  6. Another ram here, and I love the image of the stubborn ram butting at life headfirst! :D

    Most people don't think I "seem" like an Aries. Maybe it's because I was born early in the sign (Mar 23) or maybe because I'm a Leo rising and I have a Leo moon...I like to think I'm a young ram with a lot of lion blood in my veins :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just pictured a ram with hot and wild lion blood in her vein--wow! I don't want to be on the other end of the head-butting. Or maybe I would enjoy it, for we do love a good argument ;-D

      Delete
  7. Y'kow rams can easily leap over the bull in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Rams would probably leap over the bull, and kick it a few times (while glaring) in midair lol

      Delete
  8. 5 stories, that's a lot! I love the picture! It's so cute! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other three stories are about as long as "Wishing upon Earth and Bone," the collection as a whole won't be that long.

      On a side note: I got two beautiful crows in the mail!

      Delete