Into the Wild Wood… with Ash


Every now and again—usually near October, but it’s happening earlier this year—my bones get hot and restless… I feel the urge to shed routine and shake off garb… to let my flesh breathe and my ideas run wild… to fly into the woods… “Singing to the Bones,” echoing a Sister’s chant and building stories… for “Time, tide, and seasons are [indeed] flowing rivers that generate wyrd things within our lives. There are swirls and eddies, and we revisit the past more often than we know rewriting the future with each visit. We become a reflection of the past which is a reflection of the present which is a reflection of the future spiralling out across the vastness of Being.”

Often, the shedding and shaking involves total cleansing. But sometimes the reclaiming of the wild focuses on specific aspects of the Self. In the case of my dear Ash, the current renewal flies towards the “spiritual.” I’m running “Into the Wild Wood” to chase stories… to dance with words… to kiss them hard and soft on the mouth because, well, “I love them, I cling to them, I run them down, I bite into them, I melt them down… I run after certain words… I catch them in midflight, as they buzz past, I trap them, clean them, peel them, I set myself in front of the dish, they have a crystalline texture to me, vibrant, ivory, vegetable, oily, like fruit, like algae, like gates, like olives… And I stir them, I shake them, I drink them, I gulp them down, I mash them, I garnish them, I let them go…” wild, for like Neruda said (and others have suggested), “Everything exists in the word…”

This time around, I’ll welcome the wild by rereading into the past… by letting stories do as they will… and, of course, by overusing ellipses… I’m not sure what else I’ll do, but whatever it might be, I know I’ll smile as it warms my bones and clads my flesh and ideas with more Me. 
Yep, thats pure wildness rippling cooling kisses all over my witchy toes… it’s only natural ;-)

P.S. If you’re wondering about the gazillion entries that seem to have popped out of nowhere… wonder no more. The posts flew in from the not so dark pits of my Writing Site. My witchy-writer senses predict more chaos, which shall manifest itself in the shape of import displacement, broken links, weird-looking layouts (at my Writing Site). Just hold on tight, my Wicked Luvs, and read on…

Share |

19 comments:

  1. There is a shift early this year... I believe its in the air. I also think it makes people behave funny... perhaps those are the people who need writing and magic the most...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Mario. Something in the air, caressing that bones and lingering there... I think it does, indeed, make us turn our heads in different directions. But that isn't a bad thing... somethings it's nice to shake things up a bit in a different way ;-)

      Delete
  2. Good to know that in the mid of that chaos, you still feel harmony with nature and get inspiration from it, Magaly. Beautiful picture... I want to swim now! I hope I do very soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is raw beauty in the eyes of chaos, me thinks. If we find a safe place to sit and gaze upon it, we'll find all kinds of yumminess ;-)

      And now that you mention swimming, I'm going to the pool! LOL

      Delete
    2. Hm, I might even venture a river...

      Delete
  3. So many new emotions surfacing to dance with you now your heart is in a settled place :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel my bones settling for movement... my flesh stretching for what's to come... my soul smiling, ready, and knowing that the future holds yummy things...

      I hope the Yummy Police doesn't read my blog, or I'll get a ticket for over use LOL

      Delete
  4. I think this has been a special kind of year. Winter was long, depressing and cold, stretching far in to spring. Spring never seemed to really break out, it was slow and painful (for many, and in many different ways). Then summer came with a bang, when we were both more than ready, and yet still not really prepared. I started my vacation a week ago, and for the first time this year, I finally feel like I'm starting to catch up with myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, my beloved Ms Misantropia, have said it wonderfully. I shall share your entire comment on a Facebook update. I think it touches all kinds of truths...

      Also, I'm delighting in the imagery of these words: "finally feel like I'm starting to catch up with myself."

      Delete
    2. I am honored, Magaly!

      Delete
  5. Autumn clears my mind, so it needs to arrive quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer starts the cleansing for me. But Autumn, with its soothing colors and yummy afternoons, certainly finishes the job...

      Delete
  6. Run wild my friend ;o) There has been a lot of cleansing around our house with the water proofing going on. Too much for me to explain how, but it feels so good ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go how the bare-chested, um... I mean how the workers are getting on. I bet things are almost done!

      Will I shall run ;-D

      Delete
  7. I love the new look of your writing site! Very crisp, clean, and lean, but so vibrant and alive with the scared colours black, white, and red. I"m also madly in love with the font you used in the "Thorn in Red" jpg.

    I'm still running! I'm working on a post to describe the first hurdle in the midnight flight -- namely Middle Beastie almost meeting an untimely end via shrimp, and how it's changed my relationship with the gods (or more accurately how it underlined how I've been changing over the past few years).

    The changes this year are... interesting. My druid child will be going from green to brown for college. We Google Earth searched it and I just boggle at the difference in colour from the East Coast to the wild West of Arizona.

    "It's a beach with no water, T--."
    "It's called the desert, mum. And they have streams."
    "A beach. With no water."
    "I love you, mum."
    "Love you, too, cheeky chops."

    Separations, new beginnings, the Great American Road trip done witchy style... I fell chaos is going to be a familiar companion for a few months, but after that... who knows, lol.

    And, I too, live to abuse ellipses; they're just so easy. *Cheeky grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shrimp scare! Glad all is well now. Allergies aren't any fun.

      I'm happy you like the writing site's new body. I'm getting things ready for the bits to come...

      I have so much editing and tweaking to do. Let's see how it goes. See you in the woods... ;-)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for visiting me and this is my landing- I love to trit trot silently in and out of places- drawing in with all senses and letting go. I am a decent observer- and know that nothing changes if nothing changes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "nothing changes if nothing changes..." So very true. Just as true as the fact that we won't see a thing before opening our eyes and then opening them again.

      Delete