My Walking Discipline Sucketh Very Mucho


Walking as an exercise form wasnt made for this Witch. In fact, if you are the kind of person who likes to walk in the woods (or around interesting streets) and just get there, I advise you to never take me or the Little Princess as walking partners. We are animal watchers, rock pickers, stick gatherers… you name it, and we’ve probably stop to examine it (or then dragged it home with us).

That was one of the reasons why I was so worried when my (torturer) doctor said that I had to walk for cardio, and not run. New tests of my sexy body have revealed that I can run, just not too fast. And that’s okay with me, for this witchy spring chicken’s bones aren’t all that willing to pound the pavement these days.

So about my nonexistent walking discipline… Because I’ve always been a runner, I need to do a whole lot of walking for my body to feel like it’s getting exercised. I have to walk for about an hour and a half, at constant speed, to get any real results. If I walk on the side of the road or by a shopping center, I can do this easily—I don’t care for shops… Unless, we are talking about book shops, if that’s the case, then you lost me again.

Anyway, yesterday, I walked about 45 minutes, on the side of the road, and got bored out of my skull. So I took a detour. Let’s go check out the residential roads, I said to myself, maybe walk next to the tree line. Everything was well, until I saw cool stuff!

A root that looks like an interesting insect…
… a bunny! I mean, can you really blame me? Wouldn’t you stop for a cute fat bunny?
Oooh, a pod! I must come back in a couple of days to see it’s open
Singing birdies! “You are so cute. You know you are, too, don’t you?” *whistles at the birds*
Fire hydrants in the wild *hehehe, yes, I’m easily amused, and distracted…*
The carcass of what urbanites know as a baseball, now returned to nature *cough, cough*
I battled this root, but she refuse to give up her pretty rock. “Fine, Señora Selfish, you win!”
“Look, babe,” I said to my Piano Man, the other day. “Mushrooms! Aren’t they perfect? I wish I had my camera.” I pouted until he reminded me that he had his phone (see? My lack of walking discipline is nurtured by loved ones… totally irresponsible, but sooo adorable).
But look at these pretties, my Luvs. So cute, growing wildly out of on an uprooted tree… ;-)
Nope, this Witch wasn’t meant for walking (as an exercise). And according to my body, the same applies to running fast these days. So, I’ve been mixing it up a bit: I do some Bachata dancing, I do a little running, I do my daily thirteen… and hope they keep my Mind, Body and Soul in shape ;-)

What are you doing to stay hot for your favorite jeans, and healthy enough to devour a quart of the yummiest of all ice creams without having to wonder if your heart is going to explode? 

Share |

26 comments:

  1. I do nothing at this point. I know, bad of me. But I just hate exercise in any form.

    I don't know anything about NY. But is there a place where you can go hike? Perhaps battling uphill nature would be more to your liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could always go to Yonkers (a couple of miles away) and hike the street hills from hell lol

      Delete
  2. I walk, have a daily exercise routine and just started a belly dance class :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for stopping by those nature's beauties! I'd have done the same :) Mushrooms... can't say but they look poisonous...
    I do TRY to stay hot for my jeans and for my husband by regularly doing exercises at home, but I don't liek running much, and prefer dancing to all kinds of exercise.
    Have a wonderful nature filled weekend, Magaly! Take care, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dancing is one of my favorites, too, especially with someone else. But I miss running for speed. Guess I'll miss it for a long time...

      Delete
  4. Ha, I know that! First, I could walk for hours before exhausting myself. And then I have a "squirrel mind" (as Richard puts it) - I prefer the term "mindful attention" ^^. What good is walking anyway if you don't experience your surroundings? (The same can happen when I go running, though.)

    (And by the way, my knees are getting better! Or at least used to the new shoes...)

    Aaaand what I was really going to say: Great pictures! Seems you live in a pretty area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "mindful attention"! I knew I was just being scientific ;-D

      I'm glad your shoes are working out for you.

      Delete
  5. Lol! I don't do walking either. I walk the dogs and that's it. :) Love your photos. They make fabulous memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss walking with my puppy. He gets distracted easier than I do, so we can appreciate each other's lingering ;-D

      Delete
  6. Äsch (like we say in Sweden) - exercise is overrated! We have another great word in Swedish: Spankulera. To wander around, relaxing and aimlessly. Picking up a pretty rock, eating some berries, maybe popping in for a beer here, and there... That's what walking should ever be - not exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to wander around, without pain obvious attention to things. Slow enough that I can stop and stare at a deer if I happen to run into one, or watch a slug cross the road...

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful walk! I could never run so walking was a form of exercise for me, especially hiking in the forest and mountains. I do stop around a lot in the forest, but in the city not so much.. I like swimming but kick box is my favorite exercise. Lately though i became one with my couch and with my non stop efforts in eating the yummiest of icecreams i have nursed the roundest bellies you have ever seen. Although watching my bumb expand has been fun i can;t wait to exercise again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost impossible not to do, isn't it? To walk around Nature and not to stop now and then to see her beauties. Running is different (for me). I have to concentrate on telling my bones that they are not really going to crack, and reminding my lungs that even though it feels like they are on fire, that is not really the case. While walking, on the other hand, my brain is all eyes!

      Delete
  8. You just haven't tried Prancercise yet. Once you do, it'll fit ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't own the right kind of pants, for Prancercising. Thank goodness for that! lol

      Delete
  9. Oh dear! That is all I can do is walk and walk and walk. I know what you mean about time....yawn! But I walk in the mountains and the scenery is \beautiful!! Sorry your's wasn't. But that last half was!! Loved the red roots! Gorgeous and definitely looked insect-like.
    Walk girl...you can do it
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind walking--I like it. I'm just not very good at doing it without stopping (I always want to um... site-stare), which isn't very good for cardio.

      Delete
  10. I love walking not much good with running...but especially if I got the kids with me I don't power walk but enjoy the environment we are walking in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love walking to enjoy the environment, and the pretty colors, and everything that moves... One of these days, I'll compromise between the two ;-)

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed coming along with you on your virtual walk! I always stop for bunnies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunnies are stop-worthy. Particularly when they, too, stop to watch you without moving a muscle ;-D

      Delete
  12. Magaly, I would be right with you! I would be taking pictures of everything! I am proud of you walking and dancing! We have to move what our mama gave us, or we are going to lose it! LOL! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shake it, shake it, shake it! That's what I say ;-) And it is so much more fun to shake it when we're saving the memories ;-D

      Delete
  13. All great cool stuff...but those little mushrooms made me audibly gasp at their cuteness. Not even the fat, little bunny did that....haha!

    I have to limit my sugar and carbs. It's the only thing that works for me that is easy. I love yoga, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed there sighing and looking at the lovely mushroom construction for a very long time. I understand the gasp, they just look so perfect. Hm... I'll run by there today to see if more have come out ;-D

      Delete