Gardening and Pistachio Raspberry Vinaigrette


The Witch, the Piano Man and the Little Princess did a bit of transplanting for Father’s Day.
And we ate… The menu included pasteles en hoja (ground-roots pockets), drunken chicken in peach wine sauce, shrimp with tomato and ricotta cream sauce, pescado sudado (Peruvian steamed fish fillet), greens and grapes with pistachio raspberry vinaigrette...

The Little Princess and I had a practice run a couple of weeks ago. She took charge of the mortar and pestle, and showed a bunch of pistachios who was boss. Those nuts didn’t have a chance.
Martha Stewart, hold on to your apron because the Little Princess’ salad dressing was delish.

Last Sunday, the Little Princess and I got up early because we wanted to surprise my Piano Man with a nice breakfast. She juiced five and a half oranges (look at those arms). Then I suggested she should challenge my Piano Man in the game of Find the Orange that Wasn’t Squeezed. She liked the idea, and said that if he found it he should be allowed to eat it. She gave him three chances and he didn’t find it, but it was Father’s Day, so she thought he should have the orange anyway ;-)

After breakfast, we did some Father’s Day crafting. My present to my Piano Man was an incredibly artistic *cough, cough* can with the words “Let’s grow something together – Messy Wild Ours.” We added our handprints to it (see first pic): mine on the left, my Piano Man’s in the middle, and the Little Princess’ on the right. It was wild messy fun. And no, I am not talking about my hair!

Daddy and Girly transplanted Gypsy Oak. The activity left the Little Princess bitten by the well-known gardening bug, so I assisted her in the transplanting of Ivydos. Hope she likes the new pot...

Here is my Piano Man making yum noises… for the camera (I was staring at his legs… and at my wine)
And even though we were celebrating him, my Piano gave us the gift of music. I was all dreamy giggles because he played my beloved “L’Adieu,” (I began to like this Chopin’s piece while watching The Others, in 2001. Then I learned a bit about its history, and fell in love with it. If you want to listen to the piece, but wish to skip the story, jump to 1:57)
It was a great Father’s Day. I’ll tell you more about it, very soon… 
What have you been up to, my Wicked Luvs? 

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful day :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Father's day! :) Little Princess is very cute! How kind of her to make juice for her father :)
    Lovely crafting too! :) Happy to see your nice family time.
    I was up to celebration of my anniversary last weekend, so also had much of fun! Thanks for your wishes, Magaly!

    have a super day! Hugsss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! for celebrating anniversaries ;-) Ours is coming up, June 29th, and we'll do what we've been doing for the last three years: we'll retrace our first date. I'm really excited about it!

      Delete
    2. How cool it is! :) More sun filled celebrations to everyone!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your day. Little Princess is so beautiful and Piano Man is not bad either. You two definitely made it a special day for him.
    That dressing sounds delish!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dressing tasted so yummy that even the Little Princess (a self-professed salad hater) enjoyed a serving of peppers, cucumbers and grapes. And yes, the day felt truly special... to all of us ;-D

      Delete
  4. Oh he does have nice legs. (I'm allowed to look and admire right??) Also Magaly the meal sounds wonderful! It's good that you had an assistant and I can rest assured the Piano Man was well looked after of Father's Day! I love the light in the photos. Looks so warm and full of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admire away! Gods know I don't stop myself ;-D My cooking assistant did such a great job. She crushed things, gave her opinion, and when she got bored she picked up a book and read to me. What else can a chef ask for?

      It was such a great day, and I think the light you see is beaming out of all of us ;-D

      Delete
  5. The Little Princess is indeed a Juicer Extraordinaire! I'm glad everyone had such an enjoyable Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those oranges didn't have a chance. You should've seen the faces she made while juicing, they were hilarious!

      Delete
  6. Yes, a nice day, I like the gift, very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Little Princess is getting so tall! :) I am psyching myself up to repot a few plants. It's a nerve-wracking activity for me as transplanting is how I kill more plants :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's growing like a weed on fertilizer!

      The best of luck with the transplanting. I'm praying for not death ;-D

      Delete
  8. You are all so darned cute! But more importantly; Drunken Chicken? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drunken Chicken, indeed. I've made a promise (or three) that I'll share the recipe. In a few weeks...

      Delete
  9. What a special, fun, happy day!!! Love all the pictures ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a happy day. I smile just thinking about it ;-)

      Delete
  10. Awww! What adorable photos! Looks like you had a wonderful time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a memorable one. Full of fun, food and smiles ;-)

      Delete

    2. Ugh just lost my comment... Writing on an IPad seems a little harder than my trusty mac LOL, your photos captured a wonderful celebration, loved you shared, you all look so 'right' it made me smile... The 'find the un-squeezed orange' was a great idea, aahh, happy day :)

      Delete
    3. Glad you joined in. I've missed you, as always. Yesterday even more, for I was thinking about your wall of treasures ;-)

      Delete