I’m an Aries, I’m a Witch, I’m a Marine; I Know When to Sit and Wait


If you are a fellow Ram, or you are lucky enough to share your life with one, you know that we go through life charging forward. If the Ram happens to have a witchy soul, then the pushing comes loaded with extra determination. Now imagine a determined witchy Ram who is also one of “the Few, the Proud, the Marines.” Yep, cockiness to the zillionth power and, often times, with more than enough wild will to back it up.

So why would someone (let’s say, moi) high on all this awesomeness would ever step back from an argument? Well, because the big-hearted Aries knows about passion, the wild Witch understands empathy, and the Marine has enough discipline for two, even three. And modesty *cough, cough*    

Today was one of those days… I spent a bunch of time with different agencies (the IRS, Department of Health, utility companies, collectors…) I’m still trying to finish all the paperwork attached to my little brother’s death. The utility companies were angels, the collectors were suspicious, the IRS was… the IRS. By the time I was done speaking to the last IRS agent, I was almost convinced I had to pay taxes for the privilege of breathing my little brother’s name.

After a lot of time on the phone, all I had to do was mail originals and copies of my little brother’s death certificate to a few agencies and individuals. I was accessing the scanned document, smiling wide (it was about to be over!), when I noticed a mistake on my little brother’s social security number.

I grabbed a bag of sunflower seeds, a glass of strawberry wine, and sat on the terrace. “Don’t get upset,” I told myself. “It’ll be fine. They’ll just have to wait a bit.”

I called the funeral home and the attendant told me, “No problem. Just bring in the original and we’ll have it fixed.” She said that it would take a few weeks and a $42 fee.

I was okay with that. Not thrilled, but I wasn’t pulling my hair out or plotting anyone’s painful and slow fictitious death (Fiction writing is awesome therapy. Go ahead, kill a few characters. You could always revive them, you know?) Anyway, the agencies and most of the individuals understood the human error, and said thanks for letting them know. Someone was pissed about having to wait.

“Fine!” this person said, “Just hold on to it. I’m a grown (um… person) I don’t need your help.”

“I’m not denying you my help,” I said, feeling a bit irritated. “I’m saying that as it is, the document holds no value. And if I send it to you, it will be worth nothing.”

“I don’t want it anymore, just keep it!”

*Magaly sips wine, chews sunflower seeds, sips wine* “I’m not trying to keep anything. The document is worthless right now. As soon as it’s fixed, I’ll forward it to you.”

“Just send it to me the way it is!”

*The wine glass is empty and Magaly is losing her cool* “Listen, you need to look at the facts. I haven’t said I don’t want to help you, if you want a worthless document I’ll send it. But I want you to sign a paper saying that you understand what I’m telling you.”

This goes on for about 45 minutes….

“Don’t send it!”

“Your decision,” I say.

“And yours, too!” the person say.

Huh? I think.

I sent an email to the person, suggesting that it would be wise to think on it. If a few hours (or days) later—after the rage burns out—the person still doesn’t want the corrected death certificate, then I’ll keep my peace.

I haven’t heard anything yet, but I’ll wait…

You see, my Wicked Luvs, in the 90s, while I was in Marine Corps Combat Training (as a student), I lay on the prone position for a very long time. There was a tick on my wrist, engorging on my blood. But I left it alone. I didn’t want to move or make a sound that might have given away my squad’s position. There were times, when I even forgot about the parasite.

If I have enough discipline to wait on a hungry tick, I’m sure I’ll find it in my Aries, witchy, Marine heart to wait until a confused human being cools off and sees reason. So, I’m waiting…
Things have sure changed a lot since my time! I bet the ticks are happy.
via
um... I have no idea who these people are, by the way ;-)

Share |

31 comments:

  1. I was about to chuckle to myself because THAT is a picture I could see you in. Lying prone, in a miniskirt and flip flops. But, you say you don't know who these people are. Still........I can totally see you doing this. :) Speaking of ticks, I've been there. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a gun. I forgot that.

      Delete
    2. You know, I have more sense than that. In the woods, on the prone, in a miniskirt? I don't want that kind of relationship with bugs. I had a tick on the back of my ear once. I think I was doing fighting whole exercises, I can't remember. But it wasn't fun. Can you imagine a tick in my... Oh gods! I don't want to imagine it lol

      Delete
    3. No, I can't imagine. I got a tick on my neck in the 3rd grade at school. I lived in the country, so this wasn't unheard of. I couldn't figure out what the danged thing was, so I got hauled out of class to the office and was told it was tick. I think I shat, I don't remember because my brain shut down. Back then, the dark ages, people still smoked in buildings everywhere and the office ladies all still smoked. The secretary burned the little effer off my neck with her cigarette butt.

      I was scarred for life. :P

      Delete
  2. What a peculiar reaction from Person. Perhaps they're the one who needs the wine & a good nights' sleep. Besides, if you're the one dealing with the unending paperwork, you're the one who needs the corrected death certificate first, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has gone from frustrating to just plain lack of understanding. Person believes that, "Once dead no debt" and no responsibility. I don't understand. It's not so difficult to deduce that if things don't get taken care of, they won't take care of themselves. Do you have any idea of how many times I've offered the administrative work to another person? But somehow they always decline. Now I just laugh (and try to keep my head from exploding)...

      Delete
  3. You're such a goodie. I know you don't want anyone to know and I shant breathe a word of it. But honestly.....you are. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm bad to the bone *teeth bared* :-D See?

      Delete
  4. We all face those issues with documents...sometimes you just need to wait and keep calm. Hope that error will be corrected soon.
    Drink more of strawberry wine... I'd really like to try it too some day some where...


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my cool, and hoping others will do the same. There is no other way around it. To get frustrated at the speed (or lack thereof) with which this kind of stuff move, is like getting mad because water is wet. Get an umbrella and enjoy the rain, that's my thought lol

      Strawberry wine is yummy ;-)

      Delete
    2. So I wish you patience and peace, Magaly.
      I know how tasty berry wines are... mmmm

      Delete
    3. "patience and peace" and "berry wines" ;-)

      Delete
    4. Don't they go well together? :) XOXOXO!

      Delete
  5. But that is totally how we see you as a marine lol...dancing into a warzone with bells and whistles and a wand instead of a gun....<3
    Well done for holding back your well deserved annoyance with this person...you are a star :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A camouflaged wand raised high over my head lol

      I think I was too busy rolling my eyes and trying not to choke on my disbelief to actually get pissed off. The nerve of some people. I tell you...

      Delete
  6. We can't make everybody happy. Some people just want to feel misunderstood, neglected and ignored by the world. How dare you recommend a solution to that! *evilgrin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to think that whoever said that "misery likes company" was absolutely wrong. I'm pretty sure misery is just crazy with want to get more miserable while remaining all alone.

      Delete
  7. Well I see all of the paper work that comes with looking after things when a family member has died is not just a Canadian thing. And you are doing this alone? You are right neither a tick nor your IRS is a match for Magaly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit of a nightmare. And the fact that my little brother was so young reduced the amount of paperwork, but still, it has been a bit of a mess. And everyone wants everything done yesterday. And yes, I'm doing it alone, so I get cranky sometimes.

      I need a sign that says "Neither a Tick Nor the IRS Is a Match for Me" lol

      Delete
  8. Lmao someone had a bee in their bonnet huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bee and a few birds on crack.

      Delete
  9. *Hugs* I admire your patience and calm in the face of such belligerent stubbornness. My Taurus nature tries to be patient and level-headed, but occasionally the Scorpio rising comes out and gets snarky. I'm still working on that *Grin*

    I've no doubt your cool head will prevail. (Or has, as I am late to the post.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My head is cool, but I haven't heard from the person in question. I still hope things do work themselves out, but if they don't... well, sometimes trying has to be enough.

      Delete
  10. I don't understand people! Keep drinking that wine and chewing your sunflower seeds ;o) That picture made me laugh! Big Hugs and take care ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm eating sunflower seeds as I read this. I eat a lot of those things. They help in all kinds of way, and they keep me busy, too.

      Delete
  11. Hmmmmm....sounds like "Person" needs a little wine and dine. Maybe some hot monkey love to cool that tension?;-) And BTW, any woman who can ignore a blood sucking tick for ANY duration of time, can one-up an impatient moron. When will these people learn, you do not mess with a marine? Warm hugs sweetie! Mina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should introduce Person to the tick ;-D

      Delete
  12. Sorry the info was wrong in the death certificate, but I'm glad you're handling it well. If only everyone else were also taking it well...gotta love the idiots in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame, indeed. Some people just don't understand that even if they wish it with all their hearts, everything will not just be about them. But they learn... eventually. They have to.

      Delete