I embrace the label Witch, because as such, I can choose to believe in gods (or not). I dance to revere the moon, to celebrate the sun, to send healing energies to the old sick fellow who lives down the street… I do this without having to kneel in front of anyone, or anything, to beg for miracles. As a Witch, I own my failures and successes. I refuse to be ashamed of my human urges. I thank the glorious energy that creates all living things, and I understand that my flesh is not more special than wood, water, stone… — from Being a Witch
I was thrilled the moment Eliora, the much-loved creatress of “enchanting elegance for your magickal life,” told me she was going to sponsor Witches in Fiction 2013… to the Bone’s 5th giveaway with a handcrafted protection amulet. When I saw the first picture of the charming necklace, I got nearly drunk on delight; which is the reason why I chose to post about it on the anniversary of my birth. What better way to celebrate my witchy birthday, than to share the magical work of a friend who has turned a belief I hold so close to my heart into something this powerfully beautiful?
Witch: “Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, but Names Will Never Hurt Me”
Answer the following for a chance to win this stunning piece of witchy protection:
What was the most incredible present you’ve ever received? What made it so perfect for you?
for extra entries:
- visit Eliora, on Etsy; come back here to tell me about your favorite item (one entry)
- if you could give the world any gift, what would it be? Oh, things like peace, happiness and strong libido are way too broad, so try to be a wee more specific (two entries)
* Open to the US and Canada
* Ends Tuesday, April 16th at 5:13 pm EST
* Happy 4th Blogoversary, my Wicked Darlings ;-)